Way Too Early Picks

2 hours ago, no-look said:

Think this Silsbee group has the potential  be as good as the Adams, McCain, Bush teams? 

I think they have a chance to be very good.  Crazy you could have two different groups, that good, that close together at that size of a school.  

But no, although very good, not as good as that bunch.  

Time will tell how good these new Tigers are gonna be.

One difference is this team shouldn't need to heavily rely on 2 or 3 kids every night. I know it's really early, but another player not named Miller/Harris had a really solid showing at the TABC showcase.

Nothing is ever guaranteed, but I hope we can at least take a few shots at state these next couple of years.

Got another kid that's gonna be in Jr High this year that can really go, too. Put a solid team around him when he makes it to high school and the good times could keep rolling for quite a while.

12 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

According to several local coaches, they think this group is better. Much deeper team than the Adams, McCain, Bush group.

Time will tell.

Any high school coach who thought, “Hmm, the one thing that Silsbee team needed was more depth” should get out and watch the other 800 or so teams in the state.  The one thing Silsbee has been elite at in those runs is being deep.  

The team that won the first title against Brazosport had a lot of depth. No denying that.

They were pretty much trying to win with a 5 - 6 man rotation after that year though.  

Sure it looked like they still had good depth against bad teams, but that roster got awfully limited against tough opponents.

17 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

According to several local coaches, they think this group is better. Much deeper team than the Adams, McCain, Bush group.

Time will tell.

Ion know. The big three were very good no doubt.  But they had a lot of good players &

athletes backing them up. Depending on the year they had players like Newton, Rick Maze Jr, classmate

Elton Grubb's grandson Tre Grubbs, Dontre Thomas. Trajan Harris. All he did was hit those clutch free throws

against Argyle.  Christopher Martin Jr.  There are a few more I am missing. L Tyler. can't forget him. He is still balling at a college in Oklahoma...Michael McCain, and Kalong Barnes, who could be in the NFL Next season.

Think Tyler is coming home this year.

One thing you have to remember is some of those kids didn't have their breakout year until their senior season. So all those names may look good on paper, but they don't tell the whole story. Same thing happened this past season with Baltrip and Gilder.

Silsbee had a great freshman class last year in b-ball. Many of those kids didn't see varsity time because court time was more important. I don't think the 9th graders lost a game and the ones I saw weren't even close really. I'd expect some more of that to move up this year.

On 7/5/2021 at 3:53 PM, Tigers94 said:

Think Tyler is coming home this year.

One thing you have to remember is some of those kids didn't have their breakout year until their senior season. So all those names may look good on paper, but they don't tell the whole story. Same thing happened this past season with Baltrip and Gilder.

Silsbee had a great freshman class last year in b-ball. Many of those kids didn't see varsity time because court time was more important. I don't think the 9th graders lost a game and the ones I saw weren't even close really. I'd expect some more of that to move up this year.

With the best freshmen playing on Varsity last season, I expected the freshman team to not be very good. I was wrong. They were still very impressive. Not sure if they even had a close game. This group is deep.