Body Part Found at Fatal Crash Scene 5 Days After Crash

bullets13

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Out of curiosity, who is responsible for picking up the bodies in this situation?  A funeral home worker?  Is there an actual job for this?  

When I worked for EMS, it was the ambulance or funeral home to take bodies away from scene. I worked some horrific crashed, even a decapitation.....I find it very unusual to find a bone. All the situations I had been in, the bodies were typically all together, or in the decapitation, in the vehicle.  

38 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

When I worked for EMS, it was the ambulance or funeral home to take bodies away from scene. I worked some horrific crashed, even a decapitation.....I find it very unusual to find a bone. All the situations I had been in, the bodies were typically all together, or in the decapitation, in the vehicle.  

Part of a hip bone?

2 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

Knew a man back when they were still referred to as ambulance drivers. He had some stories to tell. You covered the one I was going to mention. This was a terrible crash and it doesn’t surprise me that something could have been missed.

I was working one night but did not go to the scene and will not mention the location but we had such a horrific accident. A vehicle left the roadway at a very high rate of speed and hit several trees. Talking to the officers who responded, they were body parts all over including like a piece of a foot. The way it was described, it was like some I had hit a guy’s foot about 3 inches behind the toes with an axe. This partial foot flew several feet away from the vehicle or what was left of the vehicle.

We had a motorcycle chase one night that I was involved in and the motorcycle hit a police car head on. The patrol car was stopped in the middle of Gulfway Drive and the suspect was looking over his shoulder at the cars chasing and did not notice the patrol car until it was too late. He laid the bike down but slammed into the car and his arm  bones went into the radiator. After EMS left, we found a piece of his radius or ulna at the scene of the accident.

I have found an eyeball in high grass in a fatal accident about 30 feet away from where the body landed. 

I could recount a few more that I have personally seen but I could understand why you might not find all body parts, especially small ones.

I understand that the family gets upset but nobody intentionally ignored a piece of a body. From the pictures of this accident, it was worse than any I have  personally seen and that is saying something. 

4 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

This car looked similar to airplane crashes I’ve seen where the plane didn’t catch fire.  It broke apart into pieces.  I doubt they stayed in the car.  I can’t even guess how fast they were going, and they hit one of those big silver light poles.  

A couple of quotes from the second articles to show just how bad the wreck was:

Lashon Proctor, director of Proctor Transport, said his employees removed only what was marked by police.

“When our guys got on the scene, they were able to pick up the pieces that were marked,” he said. “So maybe, the victim's car was in so many pieces that it posed a problem.”

Jimmy Singletary: “The scene of the wreck was horrific and was spread out over almost 100 yards,” he said. “We had several officers and first responders search several times.”

4 hours ago, bullets13 said:

BPD taking responsibility.  Which I think they’re being pretty nice about it.

This is the hidden content, please

I think that the chief had no choice but to respond like that. To say anything else would be crude. What else can you say?

We can understand the feelings from the family however this is a complete unknown. It is not like they can reconstruct the bodies on the side of the road and see what parts may or may not be missing. Are they looking for two pieces of body parts? 12? There simply is no way to know and how big are those pieces?

If there was some chart when you arrived on scene and it said, there are eight pieces of human body scattered in various locations and the smallest is approximately one inch square, we would have something to go by. When I say this is a complete unknown, it is a complete unknown. 

It was about 30 years ago and I was not working at that scene fortunately, but we were working a shooting did not find an entire body until the next day. It was late at night and he ran maybe 100 feet and fell into some heavy bushes. The person that shot wasn’t sure if he hit the guy, which way the guy ran, how far he ran, if he fell, kept going, etc.

It is easy to criticize when you have no clue what you’re even looking for. 

4 hours ago, bullets13 said:

A couple of quotes from the second articles to show just how bad the wreck was:

Lashon Proctor, director of Proctor Transport, said his employees removed only what was marked by police.

“When our guys got on the scene, they were able to pick up the pieces that were marked,” he said. “So maybe, the victim's car was in so many pieces that it posed a problem.”

Jimmy Singletary: “The scene of the wreck was horrific and was spread out over almost 100 yards,” he said. “We had several officers and first responders search several times.”

I would not be surprised if there’s more out there and even the father missed some if he kept looking. Again, how can you tell?

Was it completely hidden in a clump of grass and an animal later moved it? There are about 100 What Ifs  

It’s a crappy situation but how do you remedy it when you just don’t know? 

A wrecker driver told me that he was the first on scene at a single car wreck... the driver had struck a tree.  Nobody was in the car and he realized that the windshield was blown out.  He starts searching around in front of the car and found the driver lying flat on his stomach, toes in the dirt..... except his face was pointed straight up the sky... Head was absolutely on backwards... the wrecker driver said that the victim (drunk) was like "hey, man.... can you help me up?" 

The wrecker guy said that he ran back to his truck and waited for the amber lamps/po-po to show up.