Homeless problem in SETX - What are the causes?

SmashMouth

33 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Are you sure it’s not the MILK kids are drinking in these liberal elementary schools these days? What about the crusted over pizza in the liberal middle schools. Or natty light in the poor college kids dorms 

I don’t know if you’re just refusing to admit the obvious or don’t recognize it. Literally every area that decriminalized marijuana/drug usage now has an exploding homelessness problem. 

16 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I don’t know if you’re just refusing to admit the obvious or don’t recognize it. Literally every area that decriminalized marijuana/drug usage now has an exploding homelessness problem. 

It’s a good thing SETX is stuck in the stone ages when it comes to marijuana then! 

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

At first I was going to respond in my best Tommy Chong voice, "like no way man." But after some serious thought, I can agree with the idea.

If I somehow ended up homeless, perhaps I'd rather sleep on the beach in a cooler climate. A place that had both a liquor store and a dispensary within walking distance. After a long day of panhandling, at least I'd have a choice. Add to that, the relaxed drug laws in some places now. Allowing small amounts of so-called hard drugs, including cocaine, heroin, oxycodone and methamphetamines. 

Boom. Exploding homeless populations.

31 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

At first I was going to respond in my best Tommy Chong voice, "like no way man." But after some serious thought, I can agree with the idea.

If I somehow ended up homeless, perhaps I'd rather sleep on the beach in a cooler climate. A place that had both a liquor store and a dispensary within walking distance. After a long day of panhandling, at least I'd have a choice. Add to that, the relaxed drug laws in some places now. Allowing small amounts of so-called hard drugs, including cocaine, heroin, oxycodone and methamphetamines. 

Boom. Exploding homeless populations.

Smoke a bowl buddy your serious thought is incorrect.

If you look at the states that are trending above the average per state, 11,113 homeless population. You will find 8 states Pennsylvania, Oregon, Massachusetts, Washington, Texas, Florida, New York and Mexifornia that fall above the average. 

Pennsylvania, RC (recreational cannabis) is illegal except in Philly and Pittsburgh. homeless population 13,199

Oregon, RC has been decriminalized  since 73 homeless population 15,876

Massachusetts, RC just became legal in 2016 homeless population 18,471

Washington, RC has been legal since 2012 homeless population 21,577

Texas and Florida, RC is illegal homeless population Texas 25,848 and Florida 28,328

New York, RC was just legalized 3/31/2021 homeless population 92,091

Mexifornia, RC legalized 1/1/2018  homeless population 151,278

All three of the west coast states have very temperate climates, are very liberal and very welcoming of the homeless.

New York has had a slow increase by 1/3 since the Obama era. Very small gains during Trump and fell from 2019 to 2020.

Massachusetts has declined from 2018 to 2020.

Washington has been steady from 2010 to 2020.

Pennsylvania has been flat over the same period.

So has Cannabis increased homeless populations, NO...

"the relaxed drug laws in some places now. Allowing small amounts of so-called hard drugs, including cocaine, heroin, oxycodone and methamphetamines."

"Boom. Exploding homeless populations."

Winner winner, blunt for the winner on the so-called hard drugs causing the problems...

9 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Thanks for doing my homework, Fred. I was too lazy to crunch the numbers, so I went with life experience and sarcasm. Goog thing we reached the same conclusion.

It was a reasonable point you brought up and Mississippi State was kicking Vandy Boys butts, so what the heck.

As cannabis connoisseur I was hoping you were wrong. ;)