Critical race?

mat

2 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

I argue this with a lot of folks 50/50 is not equal considering demographics. But it’s certain areans like nfl /nba where you have coaches who been assistant head coaches 10+ years and get over looked for a coach with little to no pro experience. It’s certain areans where you gotta ask why is that. Just let the best Man woman get the job. This country is great because we have many cultures that makes us us. Let’s just embrace it. I don’t believe we fully embrace it. I do a lot of hiring and I always hire the best available.

Honest question... do you ever let race come into your hiring decisions?  Let's say, for instance, that you have a client in Deep East Texas that is the definition of a  "Southern Good Ol' Boy."  Mid 60s, flat top haircut, those Wrangler Polyester pants, big belt buckle, short sleeve western shirt.  I promise you, sending an urban, educated black dude from Houston will cost you the client.  Losing clients can cost your YOUR job.  What do you do then?  The "best available" might not be the best qualified... You need to send a bubba of your own to call on the client.  That's just one example, but the script can be flipped... You wouldn't send the guy I described above to call on the City of Port Arthur if you have any sense. 

3 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

The problem is what makes you think that Rachel was better than the woman who got the job. How long has Rachel been with ESPN. What do she contribute? Since they rightfully passed on her she claims she was passed over because of race. Maybe the better woman just won.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!  Are you one of those "I deserve the job because I'm black" people who get all defensive when people rightfully point out that the only reason you're in that spot is because of your race?  If you approve of Affirmative Action, then you ARE that guy. Own it.  

Once they started giving people the jobs because of their skin color, then EVERY black person has to deal with the assumption that the ONLY reason they're in that spot is because of their skin color.   Hell of a trade-off, wasn't it?

4 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

The problem is what makes you think that Rachel was better than the woman who got the job. How long has Rachel been with ESPN. What do she contribute? Since they rightfully passed on her she claims she was passed over because of race. Maybe the better woman just won.

The REAL problem is why do they feel that a WOMAN has to be on the sidelines in the first place. I think it’s funny we are discussing their race, when the first discriminatory choice happens to be gender. I say replace the white chick with a dude in the first place. You know, one that may have a little more insight on the NBA. 

8 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!  Are you one of those "I deserve the job because I'm black" people who get all defensive when people rightfully point out that the only reason you're in that spot is because of your race?  If you approve of Affirmative Action, then you ARE that guy. Own it.  

Once they started giving people the jobs because of their skin color, then EVERY black person has to deal with the assumption that the ONLY reason they're in that spot is because of their skin color.   Hell of a trade-off, wasn't it?

Again because a woman got a job over a white woman it has to be affirmative action. Again tell me how you came to that conclusion that the better woman just got the job because she was better.

8 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yes so if you take that position don’t cry when people believe whites have the job simply because they’re white. Anyone can make assumptions. 

7 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Yes so if you take that position don’t cry when people believe whites have the job simply because they’re white. Anyone can make assumptions. 

I can make that assumption because there are no government sponsored programs that will guarantee me a job over better qualified candidates solely because of my skin color. 

Lace up the shoe, son… it’s yours and it fits. 

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I can make that assumption because there are no government sponsored programs that will guarantee me a job over better qualified candidates solely because of my skin color. 

Lace up the shoe, son… it’s yours and it fits. 

I can make that assumption based off hundreds years of oppression. If the shoe fits cardinalbacker. 
  All the talk about affirmative action it’s ashamed how we had to have things like this in place. Think about it we had to add the 13th 14th &15 . And that’s not a assumption. I thought you was one of the wiser ones

5 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

I can make that assumption based off hundreds years of oppression. If the shoe fits cardinalbacker. 
  All the talk about affirmative action it’s ashamed how we had to have things like this in place. Think about it we had to add the 13th 14th &15 . And that’s not a assumption. I thought you was one of the wiser ones

I agree... things definitely got off on the wrong foot a couple of hundred years ago.  Fortunately, a couple hundred thousand (racist, apparently, because ALL of us are inherently racist) white guys gave their lives for your freedom.  

Black people in America aren't oppressed, and haven't been in generations.   They just need black people mad enough to keep voting "D."

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I agree... things definitely got off on the wrong foot a couple of hundred years ago.  Fortunately, a couple hundred thousand (racist, apparently, because ALL of us are inherently racist) white guys gave their lives for your freedom.  

Black people in America aren't oppressed, and haven't been in generations.   They just need black people mad enough to keep voting "D."

Your extremely delusional. If you can’t win the debate just say that (all whites are racist) I never said that again don’t put words in my mouth. Get schooled with class. Blacks haven’t been oppressed for generations (guess Martin Luther king Jr./John Lewis was choosing to be oppressed white only signs ain’t really exist huh. Man just stop. And more white men gave there life fighting to keep slaves. Keep going cardinal I’ll teach you alot today. And I’m not a Democratic voter so you can’t use that old trick either. Gone have to come harder. Face it Rachel suck at her job got mad a black woman got the job over her and went full Karen. Again Rachel suck she should just go back to CNN

15 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Your extremely delusional. If you can’t win the debate just say that (all whites are racist) I never said that again don’t put words in my mouth. Get schooled with class. Blacks haven’t been oppressed for generations (guess Martin Luther king Jr./John Lewis was choosing to be oppressed white only signs ain’t really exist huh. Man just stop. And more white men gave there life fighting to keep slaves. Keep going cardinal I’ll teach you alot today. And I’m not a Democratic voter so you can’t use that old trick either. Gone have to come harder. Face it Rachel suck at her job got mad a black woman got the job over her and went full Karen. Again Rachel suck she should just go back to CNN

Karen, huh?  Nice.

25 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

So your argument is that that he better person got the sideline reporter job, but the wrong people keep getting the coaching gigs?  Give me a break.  You're all about a diversity until it doesn't suit you.  Then you're all about a meritocracy (you can look it up) until it doesn't suit you.

You would curse MLK today for saying:

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

28 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

So your argument is that that he better person got the sideline reporter job, but the wrong people keep getting the coaching gigs?  Give me a break.  You're all about a diversity until it doesn't suit you.  Then you're all about a meritocracy (you can look it up) until it doesn't suit you.

You would curse MLK today for saying:

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

More delusions and assumptions. Cardinalbacker who hacked you.

1 hour ago, PAMFAM10 said:

You want the definition?

The REAL definition is simply a female named Karen...it's the racist crowd that gave it new meaning.

Oh look, she's mad about something, she must be a white privileged female.

You got no room to talk about others being racist when you throw that crap out.

4 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

There’s that racism coming out!!

8 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

The REAL definition is simply a female named Karen...it's the racist crowd that gave it new meaning.

Oh look, she's mad about something, she must be a white privileged female.

You got no room to talk about others being racist when you throw that crap out.

I hoped on this thread to shed light on a issue where a poster believe someone got a job only because affirmative action. And I’m the racist for using the word Karen but the VP can be labeled a slut or whore .. what’s worst.

5 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

I made my argument. Rachel is just not good at her job.

Let’s pull back a second. Why are they so hard pressed to fill the job with a woman? That’s the only question I’m asking. Can anyone answer that question? The answers will eventually be revealed if someone will answer that question first. Anyone…just humor me for a second. 

21 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Let’s pull back a second. Why are they so hard pressed to fill the job with a woman? That’s the only question I’m asking. Can anyone answer that question? The answers will eventually be revealed if someone will answer that question first. Anyone…just humor me for a second. 

Gotcha... they put women in a position to be seen by the targeted demographics. "Sex sells"

7 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

I hoped on this thread to shed light on a issue where a poster believe someone got a job only because affirmative action. And I’m the racist for using the word Karen but the VP can be labeled a slut or whore .. what’s worst.

Not saying you’re racist but to use the term Karen to tag white women with is.

By the way, the VP is definitely a political whore, just ask Willie Brown, not that these two issues have anything to do with each other.

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I remember when Phyllis George was the first white female to have a significant spot in commentating in the nationally televised sports world. She was a former miss USA, so she was definitely some fantastic eye candy. Joining the cast of The NFL Today with Brent Musberger and Jimmy “The Greek” (that would be racist in today’s world and he would have to change it) Snyder, she would also have to possess sports intelligence to be accepted. There was a list of applicants and I read where they asked a sports related question to narrow the field. The question was, “ What team runs the flex defense”? Phyllis answered, “The Dallas Cowboys” and got the job. She did very well and the onslaught of women commentators in men’s sports was on. There have been some improvements on the sideline reporters, but the early ones were there for the eye candy effect. 

4 minutes ago, baddog said:

I remember when Phyllis George was the first white female to have a significant spot in commentating in the nationally televised sports world. She was a former miss USA, so she was definitely some fantastic eye candy. Joining the cast of The NFL Today with Brent Musberger and Jimmy “The Greek” (that would be racist in today’s world and he would have to change it) Snyder, she would also have to possess sports intelligence to be accepted. There was a list of applicants and I read where they asked a sports related question to narrow the field. The question was, “ What team runs the flex defense”? Phyllis answered, “The Dallas Cowboys” and got the job. She did very well and the onslaught of women commentators in men’s sports was on. There have been some improvements on the sideline reporters, but the early ones were there for the eye candy effect. 

Dear, dear Phyllis.  I was madly in love with her, but had to keep it a secret from my wife.  😂😂😂

9 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

You're not wrong.  I think it's little misleading to point out her accomplishments as a women, but refuse to recognize that she DID, in fact, sleep her way up the ladder early on.  It's a part of her history, just like Bill Clinton's misdeeds, GWB's misdeeds, Trump's or anybody else's.  But there is no reason to make personal attacks of the nature that your described.  It's not respectful to the office that she holds.  

1 minute ago, CardinalBacker said:

You're not wrong.  I think it's little misleading to point out her accomplishments as a women, but refuse to recognize that she DID, in fact, sleep her way up the ladder early on.  It's a part of her history, just like Bill Clinton's misdeeds, GWB's misdeeds, Trump's or anybody else's.  But there is no reason to make personal attacks of the nature that your described.  It's not respectful to the office that she holds.  

Don’t watch the video of “Judge” Joe Brown talking about Kamala. He pulls no punches. I can’t post it on here…..and he’s black.