Critical race?

mat

1 hour ago, baddog said:

Please leave and go to the country where you are more of a free man than you are in the United States of America. There isn’t one. 

See this is the problem. You refuse to look at the questions because you know the answers are tough to hear. First thing you do is say “leave my country”. Lol. No one said I’m not  a free man. I’m saying we should teach true history. One of the truths about American history is that I the beginning freedom only applied to white Anglo Saxon Protestant white males. Every other group had to fight for their freedom and are still fighting to keep it because the group in power wants to stay in power. In the coming years whites will no longer be the majority race in America. I’m curios to see how you act.  

29 minutes ago, Trufan said:

See this is the problem. You refuse to look at the questions because you know the answers are tough to hear. First thing you do is say “leave my country”. Lol. No one said I’m not  a free man. I’m saying we should teach true history. One of the truths about American history is that I the beginning freedom only applied to white Anglo Saxon Protestant white males. Every other group had to fight for their freedom and are still fighting to keep it because the group in power wants to stay in power. In the coming years whites will no longer be the majority race in America. I’m curios to see how you act.  

I bet the whites won’t be looting and burning their own neighborhoods behind the guise of “peaceful protests”.

39 minutes ago, Trufan said:

What a crock of poo poo.  You don’t think the white man fought for his freedom? You totally lose all credibility with statements like that. The white man has taken on any and all comers, except when the white man prevails, we are called land thieves and racist oppressors. On the other hand, you’re ilk supposedly fights for freedom against the white man in the name of equality. How noble, but a big, fat lie. 

See, here is the problem. You can’t change history and the constitution has served you well. It’s a double edged sword that you will never overcome. Had history not happened the way it did, maybe none of us would be here. 

37 minutes ago, Trufan said:

When whites are no longer the majority, will you be advocating for making sure there are enough whites in key leadership positions? 

9 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

When whites are no longer the majority, will you be advocating for making sure there are enough whites in key leadership positions? 

Wrong is wrong. But since you asked. Since blacks are the minority now Are you concerned about blacks in leadership?

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Waiting on Trufan’s thoughts on this.

Lol. Actually you are making my point for me. Let’s look at what you said. You want the most qualified folks in a job. Here is the reality of getting qualified. 
you have to get lower level jobs to get qualified. some athletic directors won’t hire black teachers/assistant coaches at all white schools which means it takes them longer to become coordinators and head coaches at smaller schools and a lot longer to become head coaches at bigger schools.  

21 minutes ago, Trufan said:

Lol. Actually you are making my point for me. Let’s look at what you said. You want the most qualified folks in a job. Here is the reality of getting qualified. 
you have to get lower level jobs to get qualified. some athletic directors won’t hire black teachers/assistant coaches at all white schools which means it takes them longer to become coordinators and head coaches at smaller schools and a lot longer to become head coaches at bigger schools.  

Regardless of the struggle you point out here, wouldn’t you still want the most qualified person get hired, regardless of color?

On 7/10/2021 at 10:34 PM, Trufan said:

Here is my question on the jobs issue with minorities. 

While it may seem unbalanced because you don't see "equal".....how does 14-15% of the population represent an even representation in the job market?  

I find it ironic that ESPN made changes to their broadcast personnel to promote diversity... long story made short, they "sidelined" a white female sideline reporter for the NBA playoffs to put a black female reporter on the broadcast team.  But then everybody gets offended when people point out that she got her promotion solely because of her skin color.  That's what you wanted!!!!

The same people who have a problem with the lack of diversity in front office staffs in the NFL have zero problem with the lack of diversity in the locker room.   Pardon me, but that's racism, too. 

52 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I find it ironic that ESPN made changes to their broadcast personnel to promote diversity... long story made short, they "sidelined" a white female sideline reporter for the NBA playoffs to put a black female reporter on the broadcast team.  But then everybody gets offended when people point out that she got her promotion solely because of her skin color.  That's what you wanted!!!!

The same people who have a problem with the lack of diversity in front office staffs in the NFL have zero problem with the lack of diversity in the locker room.   Pardon me, but that's racism, too. 

The problem is what makes you think that Rachel was better than the woman who got the job. How long has Rachel been with ESPN. What do she contribute? Since they rightfully passed on her she claims she was passed over because of race. Maybe the better woman just won.

2 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

Here is my question on the jobs issue with minorities. 

While it may seem unbalanced because you don't see "equal".....how does 14-15% of the population represent an even representation in the job market?  

I don’t understand what you are saying. 

On 7/10/2021 at 10:58 PM, LumRaiderFan said:

Regardless of the struggle you point out here, wouldn’t you still want the most qualified person get hired, regardless of color?

ALWAYS. But the problem is when it comes to minorities we can have the same or better resume but won’t be looked at the same. It’s sad but true. 

2 minutes ago, Trufan said:

5 minutes ago, Trufan said:

Demographics in the workplace.

If 76% of America is white and 15% is black and 9% other,  would it be acceptable and predictable to have a company with 76 whites, 15 blacks and 9 Asian or Hispanic?  I think some people expect 15% of the population to represent 50% (EQUAL) in the workforce to whites. I don't think it makes mathematical sense.   

4 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

If 76% of America is white and 15% is black and 9% other,  would it be acceptable and predictable to have a company with 76 whites, 15 blacks and 9 Asian or Hispanic?  I think some people expect 15% of the population to represent 50% (EQUAL) in the workforce to whites. I don't think it makes mathematical sense.   

This could not have been stated any better. This is why I say minorities are not after equality. It’s a big, fat lie.

1 minute ago, thetragichippy said:

I argue this with a lot of folks 50/50 is not equal considering demographics. But it’s certain areans like nfl /nba where you have coaches who been assistant head coaches 10+ years and get over looked for a coach with little to no pro experience. It’s certain areans where you gotta ask why is that. Just let the best Man woman get the job. This country is great because we have many cultures that makes us us. Let’s just embrace it. I don’t believe we fully embrace it. I do a lot of hiring and I always hire the best available.

3 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

I argue this with a lot of folks 50/50 is not equal considering demographics. But it’s certain areans like nfl /nba where you have coaches who been assistant head coaches 10+ years and get over looked for a coach with little to no pro experience. It’s certain areans where you gotta ask why is that. Just let the best Man woman get the job. This country is great because we have many cultures that makes us us. Let’s just embrace it. I don’t believe we fully embrace it. I do a lot of hiring and I always hire the best available.

I absolutely believe that.  I'm not sure if it is done to be racist, I think more along the lines of comfortable. Young managers usually hire people they are comfortable with. For example, Wendy's in Port Arthur. They have a Hispanic manager and 99% of their employees are, yes, Hispanic......Next door at Taco Bell, mostly black, I can only assume the manager is black. I don't think either manager hates the other races, I think they hired who they felt comfortable with.