Critical race?

mat

Lol this dude is beyond self absorbed and self serving. Enough about him. Critical Race Theory suggests that we teach the true facts about American history. That’s all. Obviously some whits and this black dude think that if you teach the truth blacks and others will hate whites because of the way we were treated. Lol. Sad. 

2 minutes ago, Trufan said:

Lol this dude is beyond self absorbed and self serving. Enough about him. Critical Race Theory suggests that we teach the true facts about American history. That’s all. Obviously some whits and this black dude think that if you teach the truth blacks and others will hate whites because of the way we were treated. Lol. Sad. 

So you have been oppressed?

3 minutes ago, Derf Nosneb said:

So you have been oppressed?

There have been attempts to oppress me. My parents prepared me so the attempts were unsuccessful. Unlike the guy in this video I understand that some of the same attempts to oppress me were successful on others. 

3 hours ago, Trufan said:

There have been attempts to oppress me. My parents prepared me so the attempts were unsuccessful. Unlike the guy in this video I understand that some of the same attempts to oppress me were successful on others. 

What actually is an "attempt to oppress me"? Is this a perceived oppression that your parents, from a different generation, may have encountered or an actual act of oppression?

The last part of your comment would lead one to deduce that you feel the subject in the video is oppressed, or do you feel he is an Uncle Tom?

14 minutes ago, Derf Nosneb said:

What actually is an "attempt to oppress me"? Is this a perceived oppression that your parents, from a different generation, may have encountered or an actual act of oppression?

The last part of your comment would lead one to deduce that you feel the subject in the video is oppressed, or do you feel he is an Uncle Tom?

First off anything I say will be a perceived oppression to you because I feel that you personally don’t feel any minorities are oppressed. Secondly there may or may not have been attempts to oppress the dude in this video. What ever happens he feels he overcome it. My issue with him is he doesn’t attempt to see outside his bubble. 

5 hours ago, Trufan said:

Critical Race Theory suggests that we teach the true facts about American history. That’s all.

First of all, it is a theory, is it not? 

It centers on the idea that racism is systemic in the nation's institutions and that they function to maintain the dominance of white people in society.

The architects of the theory argue that federal law has preserved the unequal treatment of people on the basis of race. Proponents also believe race is culturally invented, not biological.

There have been literal volumes written about CRT by its proponents. To simply say, “Critical Race Theory suggests that we teach the true facts about American history. That’s all.” would be disingenuous to say the least. Those who support CRT say it continues to grow and evolve, meaning it’s WAAAAAYYYY more than what you say it is. 

The tenets of CRT have basically left a back door so that no matter what happens, everything will always be due to race. 

2 hours ago, Trufan said:

First off anything I say will be a perceived oppression to you because I feel that you personally don’t feel any minorities are oppressed. Secondly there may or may not have been attempts to oppress the dude in this video. What ever happens he feels he overcome it. My issue with him is he doesn’t attempt to see outside his bubble. 

So you will choose to play the victim. 

15 hours ago, Trufan said:

What historical facts taught in the past are incorrect and how is critical race theory correcting them?

Be specific, please.

13 hours ago, Trufan said:

"anything I say will be a perceived oppression to you" 

So "first off" anything you say or others say is not oppression or even perceived oppression, they are questions or comments to find common ground in the discussion.

Lets look at "perceived oppression"

It occurs when one group perceives an inequality of value relative to another group, and desires to be like the more highly-valued group. Members of marginalized groups may have an oppressive view of their own group, or affirm negative self-stereotypes.

Better yet look at how perceived is defined, "regarded in a specified way —used to say how something or someone is seen or thought of." So your opinion is whatever you say I will feel oppressed, because you feel you know me well enough to make the statement, "you personally don’t feel any minorities are oppressed". 

So lets backtrack, where, when and what did I state on this forum or others that would lead you to that conclusion. Do you know my heritage, my background, my upbringing.

Back to your original post, "There have been attempts to oppress me". Tell us who, when and where these so called attempts have taken place and 95% of us will stand next to you to fight against these attempts of oppression.

"this dude is beyond self absorbed and self serving", is that not what you are doing here with you comments, "I have studied ethnic and race behavior and critical race theory  at two different universities".

"Critical Race Theory suggests that we teach the TRUE FACTS about American history. So what is "the true facts", the 1619 project, note smash mouths comment above.

Bottom line is this, I can't control how you think, act or feel that is all on YOU. If you feel oppressed, (note you come from a two parent household and have attended two colleges) which would prove disprove you being oppressed. If you feel others pick on you, look down on you, insult you because of your race, THATS ON YOU, not every white person. 

There are a couple of facts that no one wants to point out. Since the late 60's the Black community has voted for the Demonrat party over 95% of the time. During that time black communities have not become better they have become worse, Chicago, Detroit, Memphis, St. Louis, Baltimore. Black families pre civil rights era had over 70% two parent households, today that number is 36%. 

So before we move from "Orange man Bad" to "All white people are bad" with CRT or what ever nomenclature you choose,

“If we are not careful, our colleges will produce a group of close-minded, unscientific, illogical propagandists, consumed with immoral acts. Be careful, 'brethren!' Be careful, teachers!”  

CRT May have been significant in 1950, now it’s nothing more than divisive 🐂💩.  It’s nothing more than a crutch so some can holler woe is me, and continue striving for something they already have.  I lived in the 50’s.  I’ve seen racism.  Today, the primary purveyors of racism appears to be blacks themselves.

Saw a meme of a teacher in a room full of students.  One ask her, are we going to learn division today? She replied, Yes, then put CRT on the blackboard.

22 hours ago, Trufan said:

Did you listen to what he said?