RANDY BIRDWELL NAMED NEW HFC/AD AT HULL-DAISETTA!

oldschool2

6 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

I’ll say it since nobody’s considering it..  there’s a certain time when it’s no longer legal for teachers to get out of their current contract.  For some schools.. that date may be passed.

Since he left so late, it’s likely going to cause the next AD/HC to be stuck with the football coaching staff that’s there.  I know a lot of times they like to bring their own coordinators.  Plus more.  I mean.. it’s practically July.

Food for thought.. that might deter some.

I am asking this as I know you know several in the education field, but aren't there buyout requirements of a contracted employee if they walk before the term of their contract is up?

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

I am asking this as I know you know several in the education field, but aren't there buyout requirements of a contracted employee if they walk before the term of their contract is up?

You are correct about there being a deadline to get out of your current contract. Most districts will allow you to get out if you are moving upward in a different district. If you are accepting a job that is lesser or on the same level many districts will hold your teaching certificate to keep you from leaving. Hope this helps.

8 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Well.. and don’t quote me on all of this.. the way I understand it by how it’s been explained to me is as follows:  There are basically two different types of contract in education.  Administrative (Sup, principals, AD, etc) and I guess teacher contracts.  It may not be described as such.. Usually a buyout will only occur with an administrative contract and usually when the school wants or agrees to part ways with that person.  I would think so they could get the next person.. because the job has to be available in order to hire someone else.  Teacher contracts are usually given yearly in the spring sometime.. March, April, or so.  And I’m told that those contracts are generally signed immediately but not binding.  Meaning they have a certain amount of time to resign without penalty.  Whatever that may be.  But that’s what I meant about whoever replaces Hodges and potential assistants.  It might be too late for said potential assistants to get out of their current contract.  Meaning they wouldn’t be able to leave where they are.  Now just for example sake.. if Birdwell or Barrier were to take it, they’d both go from a teacher contract to an admin contract.  As I’m told, schools are usually more lenient in that case because it’s an advancement.

Even though I personally think it’d be a step backwards for either of them.  Currently anyway.

8 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

It's 45 days from the start of school. And that deadline has passed for most of the schools in this area. 

There you go.. I knew it was something like that but didn’t want to misquote.

So..again..who would want an AD job where they can’t bring even a single coordinator?  Maybe someone...but I wouldn’t.  In my opinion they have been left in a bind by him leaving this late. 

Guest mrtomcat
16 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

So..again..who would want an AD job where they can’t bring even a single coordinator?  Maybe someone...but I wouldn’t.  In my opinion they have been left in a bind by him leaving this late. 

HD in a bind?  I've heard this before somewhere.....almost like its deja vu.

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

Well.. and don’t quote me on all of this.. the way I understand it by how it’s been explained to me is as follows:  There are basically two different types of contract in education.  Administrative (Sup, principals, AD, etc) and I guess teacher contracts.  It may not be described as such.. Usually a buyout will only occur with an administrative contract and usually when the school wants or agrees to part ways with that person.  I would think so they could get the next person.. because the job has to be available in order to hire someone else.  Teacher contracts are usually given yearly in the spring sometime.. March, April, or so.  And I’m told that those contracts are generally signed immediately but not binding.  Meaning they have a certain amount of time to resign without penalty.  Whatever that may be.  But that’s what I meant about whoever replaces Hodges and potential assistants.  It might be too late for said potential assistants to get out of their current contract.  Meaning they wouldn’t be able to leave where they are.  Now just for example sake.. if Birdwell or Barrier were to take it, they’d both go from a teacher contract to an admin contract.  As I’m told, schools are usually more lenient in that case because it’s an advancement.

Even though I personally think it’d be a step backwards for either of them.  Currently anyway.

No way, to be an AD/HC is always a step up if you're an assistant or just a HC...

20 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

It's as simple as looking at the job as a long term investment and opportunity, the following season he brings in his guys. 

Guest mrtomcat
1 hour ago, H-D BOBCAT 55 said:

In my opinion these 3 men are the top choices on the radar, in no particular order. Could be a dark horse candidate in the shadows as well. 

1. Birdwell

2. Barrier

3. Wallace

would you let ESPN know you have narrowed down the final applicants for their cover story?  

2 hours ago, H-D BOBCAT 55 said:

No way, to be an AD/HC is always a step up if you're an assistant or just a HC...

To go into a situation this late in the summer with little to no chance of bringing help is not a step up..especially considering that it may not be that much if any of a pay raise.  In all honesty, it sounds like a career killer of a situation.

I think the best thing is to let one of the coordinators take on the roll of head coach and try hard for a new AD/HC next spring when there’s time given.

8 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

To go into a situation this late in the summer with little to no chance of bringing help is not a step up..especially considering that it may not be that much if any of a pay raise.  In all honesty, it sounds like a career killer of a situation.

I think the best thing is to let one of the coordinators take on the roll of head coach and try hard for a new AD/HC next spring when there’s time given.

Ultimately, the question that leadership has to answer, is there anybody on staff that we trust to lead the program?

Does H-D have a Superintendent?

11 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

There won’t be much of a choice if nobody wants the job.

True, but there is almost always someone who has been or is desperate to be a Head Football Coach, that will drop everything and take an opportunity. Especially when there is a chance to be good, to very good. 

I know it is almost a month later, but a coach from a very successful larger school just dropped everything to take the Warren job.

1 minute ago, PlayActionPass said:

True, but there is almost always someone who has been or is desperate to be a Head Football Coach, that will drop everything and take an opportunity. Especially when there is a chance to be good, to very good. 

I know it is almost a month later, but a coach from a very successful larger school just dropped everything to take the Warren job.

That month makes a huge difference.  As would be true had this job posted a month ago.  I’m starting to feel that some aren’t appreciating the details of this late job posting.  Yes, there will be applicants because of the urge to be a HC no matter what.  But I don’t think it will be as sought after as you’re hoping.  I would also bet that HD fans may end up with someone other than their top choices.

Just a feeling..

43 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

That could happen, although HD actually pays really well for 2A and the area, around 75k give or take a few. 

3 minutes ago, H-D BOBCAT 55 said:

That could happen, although HD actually pays really well for 2A and the area, around 75k give or take a few. 

Just because that’s what Hodges made doesn’t mean the next one will.  How long had he been there? Pay raise each year probably.. plus he’s a little older, is he not?  Experience goes into that.

Admin salaries aren’t set. 

Guest mrtomcat
1 hour ago, H-D BOBCAT 55 said:

imagine your HD and you pay your top guy 75k then right down the road the worst football program in the history of the state paid their top guy 88k just a couple years ago.  thats got to be tough to chew on.  so basically, the guy they hire next will be a 68-73k guy which limits your prospects significantly.  i still think this job will go to a feller right down the road

Guest mrtomcat
19 hours ago, Cherokee88 said:

Who is the worst football program in the state that paid 88k? I wouldn't think that 68-73 k would limit anybody who is trying to move up the ladder. 

hardin paid their hero larry haynes 88k and he got them no where meanwhile hd guy gets 15k less and last i checked the 4 horseman have won 45 times versus 9 losses and 1 tie over them hornets.  just a strange deal to me that hd dont pay their top guy more than that

On 6/28/2021 at 10:24 PM, Uncle Pig said:

Funny post in that every HD coach that’s ever dealt with this guy HD55 has started out liking him, and then quickly find out he’s a troublemaker and want to stay as far away as possible from him. 

I personally know ole 55 he got a ton of passion for dem Bobcats I call bull on you saying dem coaches stay far away from him, I’ve was with him a few days ago with Coach Finney called and Hodges I know for a fact most ole HD coaches stay in contact with 55. 

• WOSgrad changed the title to RANDY BIRDWELL NAMED NEW HFC/AD AT HULL-DAISETTA!