Weird or Strange Things

no-look

That have happened to you in the past that make you wonder. Here’s mine. 
I still think about this often enough. I’m not saying I’m just saying.  When I was 17 I had a 1968 Firebird(just told my age).  It was late one night, about midnight if I remember correctly and I was headed home(Huntington). It was misting rain and about 40 degrees. A few street lights were on and no traffic because of the late hour. As I got to the top of the hill going out of Huntington I saw a couple walking and the lady was carrying something. I guess my raising kicked in so I reluctantly turned around and stopped, hoping they lived near and I could give them a quick lift out of the weather. 
 To my surprise the lady was holding a baby. So I asked them where they were headed. The man said Jasper…not what I wanted to hear… I told them I could carry them to Zavalla and maybe they could catch a ride from there. They got in the back set of the firebird which was cramped. 
When I would try to converse the man was very short. The woman and baby never made a sound. When I got to Zavalla the rain had picked up and I just couldn’t put them out, so to Jasper it was. Finally got to Jasper and I would have to keep asking the man for directions. So we went through Jasper and turned off onto and old road. About a mile the man said this is the place…no house, car or anything, just a pine sapling thicket. Neither the woman nor the baby still hasn’t made a sound. So I said are you sure, I can carry you a little farther?  He said no this is the place. So they got out. I drove about a hundred yards and turned around headed back. And they were gone. No sign of them. 
It  didn’t make sense then and it still doesn’t today. 

35 minutes ago, no-look said:

I still think about this often enough. I’m not saying I’m just saying.  When I was 17 I had a 1968 Firebird(just told my age).  It was late one night, about midnight if I remember correctly and I was headed home(Huntington). It was misting rain and about 40 degrees. A few street lights were on and no traffic because of the late hour. As I got to the top of the hill going out of Huntington I saw a couple walking and the lady was carrying something. I guess my raising kicked in so I reluctantly turned around and stopped, hoping they lived near and I could give them a quick lift out of the weather. 
 To my surprise the lady was holding a baby. So I asked them where they were headed. The man said Jasper…not what I wanted to hear… I told them I could carry them to Zavalla and maybe they could catch a ride from there. They got in the back set of the firebird which was cramped. 
When I would try to converse the man was very short. The woman and baby never made a sound. When I got to Zavalla the rain had picked up and I just couldn’t put them out, so to Jasper it was. Finally got to Jasper and I would have to keep asking the man for directions. So we went through Jasper and turned off onto and old road. About a mile the man said this is the place…no house, car or anything, just a pine sapling thicket. Neither the woman nor the baby still hasn’t made a sound. So I said are you sure, I can carry you a little farther?  He said no this is the place. So they got out. I drove about a hundred yards and turned around headed back. And they were gone. No sign of them. 

Freakin strange for sure. 

2 hours ago, no-look said:

That's strange. They just took off walking into the woods. Nothing to see here.

It was an apparition which is probably why you only heard from the guy. There used to be a house off of the woods at that location. On a rainy night long ago they were killed several miles away in a car accident and on certain conditions of a rainy night, they are trying to get back home.

19 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

It was an apparition which is probably why you only heard from the guy. There used to be a house off of the woods at that location. On a rainy night long ago they were killed several miles away in a car accident and on certain conditions of a rainy night, they are trying to get back home.

Maybe that explains the smell of sulfur on them. Lol

2 hours ago, tvc184 said: