Woke Restaurant Should be Going Out Of Business Shortly!

Reagan

• Reagan changed the title to Woke Restaurant Should be Going Out Of Business Shortly!
2 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I find their claims false.

We don’t eat out much but when we do We base our tip on how well someone did their job and their attitude.

and in my experience black waiters and waitresses did better than others when it comes to that. JMO

We were at the Longhorn in Beaumont a couple of weeks ago.. my boss, a client, and myself.  Our server was a young black man and he gave excellent service and a fantastic attitude/personality.  My boss leaned over and said "take care of him" regarding the tip...too late, I was already on it.

I think that a lot of people would be amazed at how excited "racists" like myself get genuinely fired up by seeing young black kids busting it.  I WANT them to succeed.  I hope somebody comes by and recognizes that kid's attributes and advises him to turn in a resume at their company.  

5 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

We were at the Longhorn in Beaumont a couple of weeks ago.. my boss, a client, and myself.  Our server was a young black man and he gave excellent service and a fantastic attitude/personality.  My boss leaned over and said "take care of him" regarding the tip...too late, I was already on it.

I think that a lot of people would be amazed at how excited "racists" like myself get genuinely fired up by seeing young black kids busting it.  I WANT them to succeed.  I hope somebody comes by and recognizes that kid's attributes and advises him to turn in a resume at their company.  

I’m the same way.  Liberals think all us white folks are racist.  I’m happy and excited to see a young black person with a great ‘can do’ attitude.  Hopefully they’ll inspire others.  

Almost got ripped off at a restaurant by the waiter and we caught it. Guess I should say a huge discrepancy. Anyway, we have always checked out tickets so something like this would not go unnoticed. I ever see anything like this, I won’t pay it and will make a slight scene at my displeasure so that a few others might hear. Not at the top of my lungs, mind you, but loud enough to be overheard clearly.

"“In the wake of racial injustice protests and the closures due to Covid, now is the time for Broders’ to reimagine its economics and provide fair pay across the company,” the statement reads. “Our Benefits & Equity Charge is applied entirely to employee compensation. This supplement helps us to set a $16 minimum hourly wage for customer facing employees, $18 minimum hourly wage for kitchen employees… Altogether this allows everyone in our company to earn a real living wage. THE 15% BENEFITS & EQUITY CHARGE IS NOT A GRATUITY.” (emphasis added)

Looking at their menu, you're not getting out of there for under a Grant. 

So to break it down, dinner for two $50.00 + 15% equity charge ($7.50) + 20% tip ($10.00) = $67.50 for two plates of pasta and unsweet tea. When tips start to fall, which we know they will, they will call everyone racist for not tipping. Ya let us see how this works out for them.

They do have a George Floyd special, it's made with pasta that is made from "kneaded" dough...

6 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

The real issue.. that everyone is somehow missing (perhaps because race is involved and your brains turn to mush) is that these companies have successfully brainwashed the dumb American citizens to effectively subsidize their employee wages

AAAAND your proof of that?

12 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Proof that wait staff only gets paid $2/hr? Go take your peanut brain to chili’s and ask them

You sure are some kind of clueless, the article is about a restaurant in Minnesota.

First, it’s true that many states allow tipped employees to make less than the minimum wage. However, Minnesota is 

This is the hidden content, please
This is the hidden content, please
. Businesses with gross revenue over $500,000 are legally required to pay employees—including tipped workers—at least $10.08 an hour. (For businesses with gross revenue less than $500,000, the minimum wage is $8.21.)

So once again you proved nothing, you know nothing and you think at a middle schoolers level.

The average salary for a Server is $13.04 per hour in Texas.

Employers must pay tipped employees at least $2.13 an hour. If an employee doesn't earn enough in tips to bring his or her total compensation up to at least the full state minimum wage rate an hour, the employer must make up the difference.

At least get the hourly pay right...

The article also stated  This supplement helps us to set a $16 minimum hourly wage for customer facing employees, $18 minimum hourly wage for kitchen employees… 

So if a waiter is getting $16.00 per hour to take my order, you get no tip. Also this whole tip thing is an American thing, they don't EXPECT a tip in Canadian restaurants, they pay livable wages there.