JAY BUCKNER NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT EVADALE

aTmfan06

Guest mrtomcat
2 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

Yeah he’ll keep em on track alright..dude has 2 winning seasons out of 12 seasons as a head coach (a smooth 29-88 record leading the stellar southeast Texas programs of Santa Flush and Warren). Of course the powers that be will say “he has experience as a head coach/AD”.  

jay's a good coach.  he just has had std's for athletes at those two places.  when you have std's and not studs, you look you like you dont know what the hello you're doing, but in reality, you do.  why is this fact? because the same teams win, over and over in se texas, which is why its far more important to have the studs and not the std's.  ya dig homeboy ----and last i checked (evasmell has some kids that can go for 2a) - couple that with a garbage district and you have a winning season.  remember........all you have to do in se texas is make the playoffs and your local community thinks your the 2nd coming of the lord.

4 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

jay's a good coach.  he just has had std's for athletes at those two places.  when you have std's and not studs, you look you like you dont know what the hello you're doing, but in reality, you do.  why is this fact? because the same teams win, over and over in se texas, which is why its far more important to have the studs and not the std's.  ya dig homeboy ----and last i checked (evasmell has some kids that can go for 2a) - couple that with a garbage district and you have a winning season.  remember........all you have to do in se texas is make the playoffs and your local community thinks your the 2nd coming of the lord.

The sign of a good coach...a coach that goes to a place that has never won before and starts to win at that place. 

Guest mrtomcat
On 7/10/2021 at 6:09 PM, Uncle Pig said:

The sign of a good coach...a coach that goes to a place that has never won before and starts to win at that place. 

NAME THAT PLACE in southeast Texas......... I will wait

42 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

NAME THAT PLACE in southeast Texas......... I will wait

From Uncle Pig:  "The sign of a good coach...a coach that goes to a place that has never won before and starts to win at that place." 

There are numerous places in Texas I could offer.  So, why would any southeast Texas school be any different with the right coach?  

BTW:  To answer your question, Doug Ethridge comes to mind.  PNG's last State Title was in 1955.  For the next 20 years they could manage only 2 district championships.  Ethridge took over and won 4 straight district titles and played in 2 state tiles winning one.  The difference?  The 'RIGHT" coach came along!  

Guest mrtomcat
28 minutes ago, Reagan said:

From Uncle Pig:  "The sign of a good coach...a coach that goes to a place that has never won before and starts to win at that place." 

There are numerous places in Texas I could offer.  So, why would any southeast Texas school be any different with the right coach?  

BTW:  To answer your question, Doug Ethridge comes to mind.  PNG's last State Title was in 1955.  For the next 20 years they could manage only 2 district championships.  Ethridge took over and won 4 straight district titles and played in 2 state tiles winning one.  The difference?  The 'RIGHT" coach came along!  

PNG has won since I have been alive

Who else you got ?

Andy Evans at EC. EC was not very good when he took over there.

stewart at dayton

Stump at Brook

Don Price at BH

Alvarez at Kirbyville

Haynes at Hardin

Guy that Coached at Bridge City in 2000s ( came from Hamshire)

Vanover at Diboll and Living stoned.

Robison at Woodville

32 minutes ago, Go-rilla said:

stewart at dayton

Stump at Brook

Don Price at BH

Alvarez at Kirbyville

Haynes at Hardin

Robison at Woodville

Thats a good list. That was Claude Tarver that went from Hamshire to Bridge City. 

mrtomcat did not have to wait long, apparently.  

Guest mrtomcat
5 hours ago, Go-rilla said:

stewart at dayton

Stump at Brook

Don Price at BH

Alvarez at Kirbyville

Haynes at Hardin

Robison at Woodville

5 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Thats a good list. That was Claude Tarver that went from Hamshire to Bridge City. 

mrtomcat did not have to wait long, apparently.  

No.  I am still waiting.  These are all the same TEAMS that have won year after year for the last 30 years.  

Only Hardin has not won anything ---with Larry Haynes they won a little but he's about the only person I see on this list that came into a terrible situation and won ball games.

Everyone else on this list took over programs that had won before and ironically, they still WIN TODAY without them there.  So, its more the kids than it is the coach

Next...........

Guest mrtomcat
14 hours ago, 88Warrior said:

I think Larry Grissom won quite a few games there in the ‘80’s…

So did Bob Jenkins.  So lets all agree KIRBYVILLE does not make this list.

Barbers Hill ---- How can you be that dumb to mention Barbers Hill and Don Price

BH has won since the very beginning.  They HAVE STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS in their trophy cases.

I'm going to retract my statement on Dayton and Jerry Stewart.

He's got to get some credit.  Dayton was maybe the crappiest team in the state before he got there

They dominated under his reign for 20 years and then he left and they fell apart and still can't get their mojo back.

Diboll has won alot in the past / Livingston has won quite a bit in the past

Woodville has tradiotionally been a .500 ball club.  No they dont make deep playoff runs, but they get there ALOT !

2 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

So did Bob Jenkins.  So lets all agree KIRBYVILLE does not make this list.

Barbers Hill ---- How can you be that dumb to mention Barbers Hill and Don Price

BH has won since the very beginning.  They HAVE STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS in their trophy cases.

I'm going to retract my statement on Dayton and Jerry Stewart.

He's got to get some credit.  Dayton was maybe the crappiest team in the state before he got there

They dominated under his reign for 20 years and then he left and they fell apart and still can't get their mojo back.

Diboll has won alot in the past / Livingston has won quite a bit in the past

Woodville has tradiotionally been a .500 ball club.  No they dont make deep playoff runs, but they get there ALOT !

How do you explain Evans at EC, Stump at Brook, Alvarez at Kirbyville, Haynes at Hardin, and Tarver at BC? You left those out in your attempted rebuttal. 

• WOSgrad changed the title to JAY BUCKNER NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT EVADALE