JAY BUCKNER NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT EVADALE

aTmfan06

On the Evadale website they have the AD job in with a high school history job! Who in their right mind would go teach a full load and be AD?! They also have both principals listed and the super. 

Nowhere does it say baseball. Guess they don't want a new Baseball coach.

Pretty sure there's only 3 boys coaches over there right now. They only have the AD/History listed. They had 7 last year. Guess the board thinks 4 is enough lol. 

Talk about politics. 

1 hour ago, Godzilla said:

On the Evadale website they have the AD job in with a high school history job! Who in their right mind would go teach a full load and be AD?! They also have both principals listed and the super. 

Nowhere does it say baseball. Guess they don't want a new Baseball coach.

Pretty sure there's only 3 boys coaches over there right now. They only have the AD/History listed. They had 7 last year. Guess the board thinks 4 is enough lol. 

Talk about politics. 

Smaller schools it’s not uncommon for the AD to teach also… 

21 hours ago, scoopno1 said:

The talent may not be as good as many think. A lot of the starters come from Silsbee, Buna, Lumberton and Vidor. One person told me that eight of the nine starters on this years baseball team came from outside the district. This does not always make the natives happy. As I was told more than once they are happy to have someone come in and rebound and play defense but when it is time to shoot the best thing is to throw the ball to little Johnny. 

This statement is somewhat true but for the most part several of them have been going to Evadale school for years and a couple of them were on JV the past few years. My son graduated in 2020 and started played varsity all 4 years basketball and baseball; a few of the kids you are referring to played varsity with my son a couple of years, they just didn't start because they were young and we had 8 returners his junior year and 7 his senior year. The transfers have been coming for several years but as for as the baseball team at least up until my son graduated they had the same varsity team all 4 years with a couple each year that would get added to the mix to offset the graduates. Football has been the major team where the transfers started and played a lot. Several grades had very limited boys that played sports and lived in the Evadale area. Sons class had one of the larger groups of boys in the class and only 3 or them played and started all sports. So without transfers Evadale would have been like Burkeville and only suiting out about 15 kids on the field during football.

Disadvantages of small schools.

20 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Smaller schools it’s not uncommon for the AD to teach also… 

5 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

Nobody that wants to be any good in Athletics, especially football, asks a Head Football Coach/AD to teach.

2 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

Name me one AD/HFC in the last 20 years in SETX that has been required to TEACH a class ?  

53 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Alex Davis.....Cody Day....theres 2....lol

Point proven lol

On 6/30/2021 at 10:29 AM, scoopno1 said:

The talent may not be as good as many think. A lot of the starters come from Silsbee, Buna, Lumberton and Vidor. One person told me that eight of the nine starters on this years baseball team came from outside the district. This does not always make the natives happy. As I was told more than once they are happy to have someone come in and rebound and play defense but when it is time to shoot the best thing is to throw the ball to little Johnny. 

My Son asked to go to Evadale during his 7th grade year at Lumberton.  The only reason he gave me was he heard it was cool. I personally think it was the 7th grade football program at Lumberton.  It was so crowded, when he finally got a ball given to him, he ran a 60yard TD and didn't play another down....lol

But any way, he started his 8th grade year, and made varsity his 9th grade year and caught 2 interceptions in district games that year. His 10th grade year he was sent back JV by Williams for attitude and being cocky.....Williams made you earn it no matter how good you were.....after two JV games of good behavior, he was starting on varsity.  He was certainly accepted by the natives.....he was part of the family. 

My point to the story was Coach Williams was a tough coach, but an extremely fair coach.  Evadale is losing a great coach and mentor to those kids. 

Good luck coach, I was lucky to have you coach my Son!  

Guest mrtomcat
3 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Alex Davis.....Cody Day....theres 2....lol

I have never heard of Alex Davis and Cody Day was forced to have a class at WH, because I know he dont at Colmesneil 

14 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

ok whats the story out of evadale ?  surely they have a round of interviews or does somebody know who the front-runner is already?

They still have no super, no high school principal, no jh/elementary principal, no AD, no head baseball coach. 

And everyone else who works there, and the board, took the week off! 😂😂😂

And they haven't offered AD to one of the 3 boys coaches that are there. 

Absolute clown shoes over there right now

• WOSgrad changed the title to JAY BUCKNER NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT EVADALE