JAY BUCKNER NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT EVADALE

aTmfan06

Guest mrtomcat

Question?  If this is pay related, lets hear some Rebels thoughts..........you arguably have the most successful coach in all of southeast texas (multi-sport) at the lower levels and yet, he's one of if not the lowest salary in all of southeast texas according to an article i saw posted 3 years ago.  Come on Evadale, yall broke?  Pay your AD's !!!!!

19 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

Question?  If this is pay related, lets hear some Rebels thoughts..........you arguably have the most successful coach in all of southeast texas (multi-sport) at the lower levels and yet, he's one of if not the lowest salary in all of southeast texas according to an article i saw posted 3 years ago.  Come on Evadale, yall broke?  Pay your AD's !!!!!

Pretty sure the pay didn't change since that article. And that goes for the entire district. Evadale doesn't pay like it did 20 years ago. 

He can retire at a public school (UIL) and work for a year at a private school and then go into the retire/rehire program at another public school. Besides one of his good buddies coaches at Kelly. He has coached for 34 years and I have known him for over 30. He is a good man, a good person with kids and a good coach. I wish him the very best.

3 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

Strange to give up a AD job to be a assistant.  

A number of factors.

While he left Evadale, my understanding is that he still desired to coach.  So with most positions becoming set in the immediate area, you take what is available.  Also, this is a reunion of Mark Williams with Laurence Williams, the current Kelly AD who also coached at Evadale (boys basketball) so there is that.

6 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

A number of factors.

While he left Evadale, my understanding is that he still desired to coach.  So with most positions becoming set in the immediate area, you take what is available.  Also, this is a reunion of Mark Williams with Laurence Williams, the current Kelly AD who also coached at Evadale (boys basketball) so there is that.

Draw retirement and obviously get paid for working at Kelly as they are not affiliated with TRS

Guest mrtomcat

who is the front runner for this gig ?  evadale is a good place to work aside from the politics, based on what i hear.  yes, know the pay stinks and something should be done about that but i dont know if they'll change

The talent may not be as good as many think. A lot of the starters come from Silsbee, Buna, Lumberton and Vidor. One person told me that eight of the nine starters on this years baseball team came from outside the district. This does not always make the natives happy. As I was told more than once they are happy to have someone come in and rebound and play defense but when it is time to shoot the best thing is to throw the ball to little Johnny. 

4 hours ago, scoopno1 said:

The talent may not be as good as many think. A lot of the starters come from Silsbee, Buna, Lumberton and Vidor. One person told me that eight of the nine starters on this years baseball team came from outside the district. This does not always make the natives happy. As I was told more than once they are happy to have someone come in and rebound and play defense but when it is time to shoot the best thing is to throw the ball to little Johnny. 

Hell it’s been that way a long time. Especially in baseball 

• WOSgrad changed the title to JAY BUCKNER NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT EVADALE