Beaumont doctor accused of racist posts should leave county job immediately

BMTSoulja1

On 6/28/2021 at 12:09 PM, Yeoj said:

lmao... Did you even read that link or are you just a troll? You probably have a tiki torch, khaki pants, and a bad haircut. 

Ok.... when the key component in the definition is "superiority" and your made up one is "skin color."

And you're probably one of those "somebody owes me 40 acres and a mule" people despite being a fifth generation whose very existence only occurs because the rest of us pay our income taxes.

10 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Ok.... when the key component in the definition is "superiority" and your made up one is "skin color."

LMAO... so obviously you didn't read what your link pulls up. Oh and I would probably be offended if it weren't for the fact that I see you as the MAGA hat wearing cretin that thinks that middle aged white men are the most discriminated people in the US. What a complete and total ridiculous but amusing person you are! 

11 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

LMAO... so obviously you didn't read what your link pulls up. Oh and I would probably be offended if it weren't for the fact that I see you as the MAGA hat wearing cretin that thinks that middle aged white men are the most discriminated people in the US. What a complete and total ridiculous but amusing person you are! 

Here's the problem.... As a nation we've fought the British, the Native Americans, the French, Mexico, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Korea, Germany, Italy, Japan, even each other... that's not even mentioning the entire cold war.  And nobody holds any grudges against those people... But we're supposed to believe that we all still hate black people because we're upset that the North turned our great-great-great-great grandpappys' slaves lose 150+ years ago?

Don't get me wrong... There are some people that believe that white people are superior to black people.  They're a very, very, very small minority of white people, and they account for practically NONE of the problems facing the black community today.

Serious question.... There's no way to accurately gauge it, but what percentage of the problems facing the black community can be attributed to racism, and what percentage can be considered self-inflicted in your opinion?  

I guarantee that you won't give your opinion on that one. 

When is everyone going to realize that racism talks just go round and round forever until someone just stops talking...... Racism seems to be worse on Social media than in real life. 

About 6 years ago I worked in Lumberton and of my 6 employee's, 2 where black females. They never complained of any racial issues while working there.   I was asked to transfer to the Vidor location and help with improving their performance. I agreed and one of the black females asked if she could transfer to one of the open positions.  I was her first boss and she wanted to stay with me. I was humbled but was like, you know about Vidor's reputation right?  She did, but knew I would not let anything happen to her, but admitted her Mom would not come visit her in Vidor.  

About 2-3 months go by and she never said a word about how the customers treated her. So, I asked and she had this to say. She said that she was treated differently in Vidor than Lumberton.  She said both places were nice to her, but they actually TALK to her in Vidor, treat her like a PERSON.  I was more than shocked by that response, based on Vidor's reputation. 

I can only comment on my life experiences and those around me. In my eyes Vidor is not what its reputation had it, and in general, for the most part, people of all races are nice to each other......Social media gives everyone a platform to create an agenda..... 

12 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

She said that she was treated differently in Vidor than Lumberton.  She said both places were nice to her, but they actually TALK to her in Vidor, treat her like a PERSON.  I was more than shocked by that response, based on Vidor's reputation. 

I can only comment on my life experiences and those around me. In my eyes Vidor is not what its reputation had it, and in general, for the most part, people of all races are nice to each other......Social media gives everyone a platform to create an agenda..... 

IMO, Vidorians have done alot to overcome the mistakes of their past. All of them that I work with are good people. But they will also tell you real fast where the crazies are. My buddy lives down the road from "the compound".

Just now, WOSdrummer99 said:

IMO, Vidorians have done alot to overcome the mistakes of their past. All of them that I work with are good people. But they will also tell you real fast where the crazies are. My buddy lives down the road from "the compound".

There are crazies everywhere. I personally would not live in Vidor due to the petty theft. I'm on Vidor crime watch page (that's a hoot by the way), and it's "METHED UP"! 

18 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

When is everyone going to realize that racism talks just go round and round forever until someone just stops talking...... Racism seems to be worse on Social media than in real life. 

About 6 years ago I worked in Lumberton and of my 6 employee's, 2 where black females. They never complained of any racial issues while working there.   I was asked to transfer to the Vidor location and help with improving their performance. I agreed and one of the black females asked if she could transfer to one of the open positions.  I was her first boss and she wanted to stay with me. I was humbled but was like, you know about Vidor's reputation right?  She did, but knew I would not let anything happen to her, but admitted her Mom would not come visit her in Vidor.  

About 2-3 months go by and she never said a word about how the customers treated her. So, I asked and she had this to say. She said that she was treated differently in Vidor than Lumberton.  She said both places were nice to her, but they actually TALK to her in Vidor, treat her like a PERSON.  I was more than shocked by that response, based on Vidor's reputation. 

That's been my experience as well... And I've always felt like much of Vidor's "past" was simply fiction.  Seriously... We've all heard about the "sundown" sign.  Isn't it crazy that there isn't a single photo of it?  Certainly somebody, somewhere would have snapped an old polaroid pic, right?  Nope.  Not a one.

Don't get me wrong, there ARE crazies everywhere, and possibly more in some places in others.  But they NEVER outnumber the good people who won't stand to see others mistreated. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

That's been my experience as well... And I've always felt like much of Vidor's "past" was simply fiction.  

Interesting. Vast majority of my (black) classmates who played sports have a vastly different experience when visiting Vidor, Lumberton, and even BC for football games. 

43 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Interesting. Vast majority of my (black) classmates who played sports have a vastly different experience when visiting Vidor, Lumberton, and even BC for football games. 

Let's be honest... the problem isn't with a word that you hear and use at practice every day (and all day, honestly) with people that look like you.  Your problem is actually that you don't like who's saying the exact same word on Friday night.  And if you think "racism" is getting a little smack thrown back at you by a "white boy" or a "cracker," then you don't know what racism is.

Seriously, though... if a kid from Vidor, Lum, or even BC can use this magical word that would make their opponent lose his head/focus and potentially get himself tossed out of the game.... you wouldn't use it?  I say it's about culture.  One group teaches their kids "sticks and stones" and the other group teaches their kids that words can either be offensive or not offensive based on the color of the speaker's skin.  So tell me... which group ends up handicapped?

On 6/29/2021 at 2:44 PM, CardinalBacker said:

Here's the problem.... As a nation we've fought the British, the Native Americans, the French, Mexico, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Korea, Germany, Italy, Japan, even each other... that's not even mentioning the entire cold war.  And nobody holds any grudges against those people... But we're supposed to believe that we all still hate black people because we're upset that the North turned our great-great-great-great grandpappys' slaves lose 150+ years ago?

Don't get me wrong... There are some people that believe that white people are superior to black people.  They're a very, very, very small minority of white people, and they account for practically NONE of the problems facing the black community today.

Serious question.... There's no way to accurately gauge it, but what percentage of the problems facing the black community can be attributed to racism, and what percentage can be considered self-inflicted in your opinion?  

I guarantee that you won't give your opinion on that one. 

Yep.... crickets.

It's so much more comforting to blame one's own failures on others.  I'll just keep you marked down as one of those people who believe that every one of life's misfortunes and bad decisions can be explained by "racism."

I don’t think every white is racists. I’ll tell you this I live in a different world than most whites I have a different reality than most whites I have many white fiends that keep me even minded. But I have been called the n word with a strong r many times I have be mistreated by the police enough times I’ve had friends who have to give me the .. so my dad or grandpa is kinda racist talk before visits. Some milk it some don’t. I know my reality is truth.

People love bringing up slavery was so long ago. But just recently in the 60s people was bombing churches hanging folks refusing to let blacks dine in restaurants. I say recently as the 60s because my mom was born in the 60s making it only one generation away from that. What do you think them folks taught there kids.

And even then in the 60s it was blacks just complain to much.

10 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

I don’t think every white is racists. I’ll tell you this I live in a different world than most whites I have a different reality than most whites I have many white fiends that keep me even minded. But I have been called the n word with a strong r many times I have be mistreated by the police enough times I’ve had friends who have to give me the .. so my dad or grandpa is kinda racist talk before visits. Some milk it some don’t. I know my reality is truth.

People love bringing up slavery was so long ago. But just recently in the 60s people was bombing churches hanging folks refusing to let blacks dine in restaurants. I say recently as the 60s because my mom was born in the 60s making it only one generation away from that. What do you think them folks taught there kids.

And even then in the 60s it was blacks just complain to much.

We’ve come a long way. We have a long way to go. All sides.