DCTF 4A D2 Pre Season Top 10

aTmfan06

14 hours ago, Horton said:

No it would not, what would be nice is a non district game with Aledo. 
This year would have been a perfect year to play with the defense the Dawgs return to the field. Last year the starters allowed 4.5 points a game. 
I expect them to allow even fewer points per game this year. 
They will be bigger, stronger, and faster. 
The QB is 6ft 4 and 210 with an absolute cannon throwing to three returning starters. 
I think Crosby is going to be a great game for the Dawgs and give our QB great test. 

Crosby is a step up from Marshall but I dont see us playing Carthage anytime soon. Much more interested in playing Highland Park, Southlake, or Cedar Hill. 

33 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

Crosby is a step up from Marshall but I dont see us playing Carthage anytime soon. Much more interested in playing Highland Park, Southlake, or Cedar Hill. 

As y’all should be. Aledo would be  2-3 TD favorites vs Carthage. 

15 hours ago, dj said:

Well not to let the cat out the bag but they allowed Zeigler back on w.o team so he should be there qb.

Hey Dj I have known about this for a long time that #19 was returning to the team. Summer workout is hard also I hear lol. Imo if someone does not want to play QB and wants to play another position they should be allowed to do so by tryouts. On the other hand #19 is a really good football player and a kid who makes mistakes in judgement sometimes. I believe in his talents and him as a person. Can we play or tryout more than one player at the QB position and still have a productive season, I think so. I'm glad the utility man is back. 

3 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

As y’all should be. Aledo would be  2-3 TD favorites vs Carthage. 

In most years you would be right but dang sure not every year. 
2008,, 2017, and 2020 would have been a toss up. 2021 remains to be seen especially with the defense the Dawgs put on the field this year. 

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

And Kansas City chiefs would be 2 or 3 touchdowns over Aledo. Comparing oranges to apples .

That is a dumb statement. 
Go back and watch the state championship games and make that statement again. 
Carthage O line in 2020 was better than Aledo, the defense was dang sure better. 
The 2017 team was better at almost every position. 
The Dawgs play 5 A teams all the time and beat them. 
Most years the Dawgs could not beat Aledo but compete with them, with out question. 

When two teams do not play each other. The only thing we have is the computer projection (calpreps) where data from both are put in and evaluated. 2020 projection was Carthage 35 aledo 28.  Carthage wins.

of course this could just be another dumb statement.

4 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

Which teams and what years?

Think I remember reading a post from you talking about Carthage being infatuated with Aledo or some such mess.  Sure seems like you are on this 4-A D-2 site talking about Carthage a lot.  

1 hour ago, house said:

Think I remember reading a post from you talking about Carthage being infatuated with Aledo or some such mess.  Sure seems like you are on this 4-A D-2 site talking about Carthage a lot.  

No infatuation, just a lot of respect for Aledo tradition. Would love to see a non district game between the two power houses. 

32 minutes ago, Horton said:

Marshall, whiteHouse, Jacksonville, we play 5A teams every year since coach Surratt has been at Carthage in non district games. 

Weird that you would brag about beating 5A teams all the time and show no quality examples. Marshall, Jacksonville and Whitehouse are not exactly impressive wins. Especially when you're trying to convince others you can beat Aledo. Id be more impressed if y'all beat Argyle first. 

1 hour ago, house said:

Carthage fans bring up wanting to play us frequently. Aledo fans dont. That was my point. And how many times have I talked about Carthage to be considered "a lot"? I'd doubt it's more than other SETX teams I mention. 

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

I really like how your coach speaks so positive about his players; it is very refreshing. You guys have a strong backfield for certain.

Coach Rowe is a great coach! Also one of the more animated coaches on the sidelines lol I love it