Straight March

5GallonBucket

5 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

I’m pretty sure the postal exam is configured so that minorities are more likely to meet the minimum required for employment, one example.  Although the test isn’t easier, but lower SAT scores will get a minority admitted strictly because of ethnicity.  But yet, you and others scream white privilege.  

Bs. You are assuming that all minorities are dumb. I know some ignorant white people, as well.

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

That’s total BS. Just because you interview them doesn’t mean you have to hire them. Why are you so prejudiced? Goodness know you know about discrimination, yet you think it’s ok to discriminate against non black races. 
Do you think that they should also be required to interview Mexicans, Chinese, Indians or other people of color or are you satisfied as long as a black person gets interviewed. 
What about women? Shouldn’t they get a chance? Shouldn’t we try to give the job to a LGBR549 person that’s in the midst of a gender change?

WHERE DOES IT END????????????    

If he, she is qualified, he should be hired over a less qualified person. Period

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

Bs. You are assuming that all minorities are dumb. I know some ignorant white people, as well.

That it not what was meant at all, but there you go with your preconceived ideals.  I think you cannot help with your every white person is racist and trying to keep the black man down.  The point being made is that whites are discriminated against as well.  I know you have been taught otherwise, probably starting at a very young age.  Those teachings are passed down throughout generations, therefore causing the woe is me attitudes.   Where you come up with that I meant all black people are dumb is beyond me?  Never assume, it makes an ass out of you, and in this case not me.

8 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Me too. Lots of them. They just don’t get preferential treatment for being hired or for college entrance. 

George Carlin…..do you realize how many stupid people there are? Carry around a pen and paper and I bet you right down 30-40 names in one day. Think about how smart the average guy is, then realize that half the people are stupider than that.

12 hours ago, Big girl said:

Because they wouldn't hire a qualified black coach,  at all. It"s sad that they had to make the rule ; in order to, give qualified blacks a chance. Remember when the general consensus was that black men were not smart enough to be a NFL quaterback? Some people also thought that an all black starting 5, on a basketball team, were not smart enough to win a championship 

Spin it however you want, forcing a company to interview based on race is racist!!! 

6 hours ago, baddog said:

George Carlin…..do you realize how many stupid people there are? Carry around a pen and paper and I bet you write down 30-40 names in one day. Think about how smart the average guy is, then realize that half the people are stupider than that.

Fixed it.

On 6/14/2021 at 9:15 AM, Big girl said:

Because they wouldn't hire a qualified black coach,  at all. It"s sad that they had to make the rule ; in order to, give qualified blacks a chance. Remember when the general consensus was that black men were not smart enough to be a NFL quaterback? Some people also thought that an all black starting 5, on a basketball team, were not smart enough to win a championship 

This is the hidden content, please

On 6/14/2021 at 1:45 PM, SmashMouth said:

That’s total BS. Just because you interview them doesn’t mean you have to hire them. Why are you so prejudiced? Goodness know you know about discrimination, yet you think it’s ok to discriminate against non black races. 
Do you think that they should also be required to interview Mexicans, Chinese, Indians or other people of color or are you satisfied as long as a black person gets interviewed. 
What about women? Shouldn’t they get a chance? Shouldn’t we try to give the job to a LGBR549 person that’s in the midst of a gender change?

WHERE DOES IT END????????????    

If he or she is the most qualified, he should get the job. Regardless, of race and ethnicity.

On 6/14/2021 at 6:00 PM, SmashMouth said:

Me too. Lots of them. They just don’t get preferential treatment for being hired or for college entrance. 

That's a myth created by the right winged media. My son was admitted into Baylor, because he is super smart. My friend's daughter was admitted into UT, because she is intelligent. She is majoring in biochemistry, and has a 3.8 GPA.

That's a myth created by the right winged media. My son was admitted into Baylor, because he is super smart. My friend's daughter was admitted into UT, because she is intelligent. She is majoring in biochemistry, and has a 3.8 GPA.

Need I say more?……flaunting

Your single example does not disprove his point. You always do that

4 hours ago, Big girl said:

Ma’am, I have no reason to believe your children were admitted for any other reason than their own intelligence. That doesn’t mean that others haven’t had the advantage of their minority status to help them with admissions, student aid, etc. Do you agree?

23 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Ma’am, I have no reason to believe your children were admitted for any other reason than their own intelligence. That doesn’t mean that others haven’t had the advantage of their minority status to help them with admissions, student aid, etc. Do you agree?

What proof do you have of this? Post reliable sources, please.

What proof do you have of this? Post reliable sources, please.

From the website:

“Your ethnicity or race may help you qualify for a minority scholarship. Ethnic minorities are African American, Hispanic, and Asian American. Native Americans may also apply for American Indian scholarships. Some awards are for high school seniors entering college as freshmen. College students who are currently pursuing bachelor’s degree program may also find various awards. Minority graduate students pursuing a master’s or PhD may also find awards. Minority scholarships for graduate school may come from student networks, advocacy groups and national minority organizations. Hispanic Scholarship Fund is based on merit. You also must be of Hispanic heritage. It’s open to high school seniors, undergrads, and graduate students.”

There are literally hundreds of scholarships worth many millions available to minorities that aren’t available to non-minorities.
How do you respond to that?

19 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

There are literally hundreds of scholarships worth many millions available to minorities that aren’t available to non-minorities. 

I can’t believe she asked that question. I mean, she and inmagawetrust know everything about everything. Remind me of the professor on Gilligan’s Island….professor of everything except on how to patch a boat. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

From the website:

“Your ethnicity or race may help you qualify for a minority scholarship. Ethnic minorities are African American, Hispanic, and Asian American. Native Americans may also apply for American Indian scholarships. Some awards are for high school seniors entering college as freshmen. College students who are currently pursuing bachelor’s degree program may also find various awards. Minority graduate students pursuing a master’s or PhD may also find awards. Minority scholarships for graduate school may come from student networks, advocacy groups and national minority organizations. Hispanic Scholarship Fund is based on merit. You also must be of Hispanic heritage. It’s open to high school seniors, undergrads, and graduate students.”

If a white person goes to a HBCU, they qualify for minority scholarships