west hardin basketball

Guest mrtomcat

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 10:15 AM, mrtomcat said:

what happened to kenny hoffpauir ? did he retire or get another gig ?  has west hardin replaced him?  i'm just hearing of this today

Hoffpauir did resign as bb coach, AD and asst. principal at West Hardin.  I noticed on football head coach George Taylor's profile that he is now the "athletic director/head football coach" and the employment section no longer lists the AD job, the boys basketball job or the asst. principal job.

So it appears that all have been filled.  By whom?  I have no idea.

6 hours ago, Cherokee88 said:

A friend of mine who lives out that way has told me its Dusty Collins from Hardin.... very good basketball coach from what i understand. 

His record can be deceiving. It was a hot topic on here a couple of years ago. I would think that’s a step down from Hardin to West Hardin????

Guest mrtomcat
On 7/2/2021 at 11:44 AM, Cherokee88 said:

According to maxpreps its looks like it was the 2017-2018 season,  l believe that lions team went to the regional tournament. 

On 7/2/2021 at 11:27 AM, aTmfan06 said:

What years did he beat Kountze? That detail matters a lot when referring to the Lions lol

i have a close friend that knows coach collins and that dude can coach his arse off with little to no talent.  i dont care who you are.  if you can beat kountze and east chambers with what hardin puts on the court, you know what the hello you're doing.   there's not a more unathletic program in the state of texas than hardin america for boys sports.

On 7/9/2021 at 3:17 PM, mrtomcat said:

i have a close friend that knows coach collins and that dude can coach his arse off with little to no talent.  i dont care who you are.  if you can beat kountze and east chambers with what hardin puts on the court, you know what the hello you're doing.   there's not a more unathletic program in the state of texas than hardin america for boys sports.

I think a little looking into the victory over EC is very revealing. There were numerous technical fouls issued against EC in that game which just normally doesn’t happen. Coach Sutherland runs one of the most disciplined programs in the area or even state. I think there were even some suspensions for the officials after that one. The guy may be a good coach but his record looks a little deceiving with multiple victories against Fred Good Samaritan. Still not sure why West Hardin would be a better job than Hardin. Looks like a downgrade from the outside 

22 hours ago, whsalum said:

I think a little looking into the victory over EC is very revealing. There were numerous technical fouls issued against EC in that game which just normally doesn’t happen. Coach Sutherland runs one of the most disciplined programs in the area or even state. I think there were even some suspensions for the officials after that one. The guy may be a good coach but his record looks a little deceiving with multiple victories against Fred Good Samaritan. Still not sure why West Hardin would be a better job than Hardin. Looks like a downgrade from the outside 

This is my question, especially since Collins is from Hardin and seemingly took the job at "home" to settle in for the long haul. Hardin obviously wasn't too keen on keeping him since they stepped aside and let him walk away. If it was a money issue, I'd assume Hardin would be able to match or best whatever WH was offering. Something smells fishy here. 

Guest mrtomcat
1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

This is my question, especially since Collins is from Hardin and seemingly took the job at "home" to settle in for the long haul. Hardin obviously wasn't too keen on keeping him since they stepped aside and let him walk away. If it was a money issue, I'd assume Hardin would be able to match or best whatever WH was offering. Something smells fishy here. 

You guys are forgetting who you're talking about.  This is Hardin.  A place that has brought Larry Haynes back only to fire him again, after he turned the program around within a year.  It dont matter who they hire, they dont win and never will win for the long haul.  My point was, Collins whether with the help of refs or not, beat two programs with "hardin kids" when they are supposed to lose by 60 points to everyone in the district.  At least WH makes the playoffs 4 of last 5 years and has a shot at competing.

10 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

You guys are forgetting who you're talking about.  This is Hardin.  A place that has brought Larry Haynes back only to fire him again, after he turned the program around within a year.  It dont matter who they hire, they dont win and never will win for the long haul.  My point was, Collins whether with the help of refs or not, beat two programs with "hardin kids" when they are supposed to lose by 60 points to everyone in the district.  At least WH makes the playoffs 4 of last 5 years and has a shot at competing.

I’m not buying the “ Hardin Kids “ moniker. They have had some really good basketball players over there in the not to distant past. I would go out on a limb and say there’s as much basketball talent in Hardin as there is in West Hardin 

9 hours ago, whsalum said:

I’m not buying the “ Hardin Kids “ moniker. They have had some really good basketball players over there in the not to distant past. I would go out on a limb and say there’s as much basketball talent in Hardin as there is in West Hardin 

Yeah but do you really wanna be compared to West Hardin in this situation? (No offense to West Hardin I’ve had a lot of family graduate and go to school there over the years)

Guest mrtomcat
10 hours ago, whsalum said:

Name ONE college basketball player that ever came out of Hardin, Texas ?  There's not one unless I have fallen on my head.  Not in the last 10-15 years at least.

17 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

Name ONE college basketball player that ever came out of Hardin, Texas ?  There's not one unless I have fallen on my head.  Not in the last 10-15 years at least.

Brent Anderson 2002… that doesn’t fall into the last 15 years qualification that you have though. 

2 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

How do you not know Brent Anderson? Guy was a wizard on the court in the late 90s early 2000s. Are you familiar with the name Reescano? There is talent in Hardin, sure as hell more talent than there is in WH. Surely Collins didn't burn a bridge in Hardin, his hometown, to go to WH and lose in the first round of the playoffs every year. 

55 minutes ago, lsutigers20230 said:

Hardin let him go, they did him dirty. Collins is a heck of a coach and west hardin got them a steal !! 

I know nothing about this situation and not a lot about Coach Collins other than his record and scheduling were a hot topic on this board a couple of years ago. 

8 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

I think he chose to play college football instead but Daniel Marsh could have certainly played college basketball. I have gotten out of touch with the Hardin basketball community but I have to believe there are still Reecsanos and Randolphs over there as well