This US soccer equal pay battle is getting ridiculous

bullets13

1 minute ago, Reagan said:

Women's soccer makes money once every 4 years.  Men's soccer makes money pretty much all the time.  men's soccer championship is widely more popular than the women's soccer championship.  Plus, these ladies signed a contract to be paid what they are paid.  Then they complain about it!  The first two are basically the reason why the pay inequity.   I don't think that anyone can reasonably doubt if the games were equal then women would be paid the same or close to it.  Again, what ever they could negotiate! 

The women are better compensated by the US soccer federation than the men.  They’re trying to say they should still get more, and ALSO that they should get the same World Cup payments.  The problem is the last men’s World Cup generated $5.1B, and the last women’s World Cup generated $131M.  So yeah, the men got more for making the round of 16 than the women got for winning.  The women did get a higher %, though.  

15 hours ago, Hagar said:

Watched soccer the first time when my grandkids played.  Loved it while they played, without them, wouldn’t go to the World Cup if I had free tickets and it was at Evadale’s football field.

I will admit one thing, if you want your child to play any sport, soccer is a great springboard.  As my grandaughter said, there’s in shape, in basketball shape, then there’s soccer shape.  Not only the increased endurance, but the footwork will make better baseball, basketball, or football players, in my opinion. 

True story.  Soccer players might run 6-8 miles in a 90-minute game, mostly in sprints.

20 hours ago, bullets13 said:

The women are better compensated by the US soccer federation than the men.  They’re trying to say they should still get more, and ALSO that they should get the same World Cup payments.  The problem is the last men’s World Cup generated $5.1B, and the last women’s World Cup generated $131M.  So yeah, the men got more for making the round of 16 than the women got for winning.  The women did get a higher %, though.  

This is why the disparity in pay.  If women's soccer generated the same revenue then they'ed make the same.  Not rocket science!

7 hours ago, Reagan said:

This is why the disparity in pay.  If women's soccer generated the same revenue then they'ed make the same.  Not rocket science!

The women got paid more. If there was any disparity in pay, it would be against the men.