Critical Race Theory

Hagar

6 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

No doubt... I've got a neighbor kid who was going to a church school before the pandemic.  I asked him a while back if he's been keeping up with his lessons and he said "No!  I'm homeschooled?!!!"  He's literally 12 years old and can't read.  I have a sign with the number "27" on it and he looked it and said "two seventy?"  I was like "no, it's twenty-seven."  He stared at it for a while and said "two seventy" under his breath.  He literally doesn't know how to spell his dog's name.  That dog is named "Butter."  I don't think he'll even be able to work at McDonald's... he can't read the order screen or work a register.  

I know of another kid about the same age with ADHD that lives in Bridge City who was having trouble with the online learning at the start of this school year.... His parents got angry and took him out of school so that they could homeschool him.  The only problem is that they've never even bought any of the materials.  He's literally slept in every morning and then woke up and played video games all day long this school year.  What's even worse is that they held him back in kindergarten, so he's going to be even further behind if he ever goes back to school.  My question is how he can be so ADHD that he can't sit in front of a computer to learn, but can sit in front of the TV all day and play video games.  Permissive parent, that's why. 

No doubt there's always a bad side to everything.  This is an enormous load on parent(s) if done right.  That's why I said I probably would not have made the cut for this, not a whole lot of parents would.

• 4 weeks later...

This is the hidden content, please

🤦‍♂️  How does this fool keep her job?  One answer...MSNBC

From the article:

MSNBC host Joy Reid continued her attacks this week on those opposed to the teaching of critical race theory (CRT), conflating them with QAnon conspiracy theorists and describing them as "radicalized parent activists." 

The left-wing host blamed the "hysteria over race conscious education" on the Republican Party, which she claimed Wednesday was trying to gain more support from suburban White voters by "shamelessly and falsely misrepresenting" what CRT is. She added that followers of QAnon were exploiting the outrage in order to run in school board elections and were melding their conspiracies with the "lies" about CRT.

"[Republicans are] waging an all-out war for power that is increasingly based on, and steeped in, the Trump cult, and even White nationalism," Reid said, claiming that Democrats were heading into a "cultural woodchipper" against Republicans in the 2022 midterm elections. "Look no further than the ongoing hysteria over race conscious education, what they are shamelessly and falsely misrepresenting as critical race theory." 

• 1 month later...

From the article:

A father in Colorado Springs who is the descendant of slaves slammed critical race theory during a public school district’s board meeting, saying racism in America would "by and large be dead" if not for institutions such as the education system "keeping it on life support."

"I am a direct descendant of the North American slave trade. Both my parents are black. All four of my grandparents are black, all eight of my great great grandparents, and all 16 of my great greats. On my mother's side, my ancestors were enslaved in Alabama. On my father's side, we were enslaved in Texas," he said during a board meeting last week. 

"I am not oppressed. I'm not oppressed and I'm not a victim."

The unidentified father went on to say that "racism in America would by and large be dead today if it were not for certain people and institutions keeping it on life support."

"Sadly, one of those institutions is the American education system."  

The father of three went on to say that he "can think of nothing more damaging to a society than to tell a baby born today, that she has grievances against another baby born today, simply because of what their ancestors may have done two centuries ago."

"There's simply no point in doing that to our children, and putting critical race theory into our classrooms in part does that. Putting critical theory into our classrooms is not combating racism. It's fanning the flames of what little embers are left. I encourage you to support this resolution. Let racism die the death it deserves."

26 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

From the article:

A father in Colorado Springs who is the descendant of slaves slammed critical race theory during a public school district’s board meeting, saying racism in America would "by and large be dead" if not for institutions such as the education system "keeping it on life support."

"I am a direct descendant of the North American slave trade. Both my parents are black. All four of my grandparents are black, all eight of my great great grandparents, and all 16 of my great greats. On my mother's side, my ancestors were enslaved in Alabama. On my father's side, we were enslaved in Texas," he said during a board meeting last week. 

"I am not oppressed. I'm not oppressed and I'm not a victim."

The unidentified father went on to say that "racism in America would by and large be dead today if it were not for certain people and institutions keeping it on life support."

"Sadly, one of those institutions is the American education system."  

The father of three went on to say that he "can think of nothing more damaging to a society than to tell a baby born today, that she has grievances against another baby born today, simply because of what their ancestors may have done two centuries ago."

"There's simply no point in doing that to our children, and putting critical race theory into our classrooms in part does that. Putting critical theory into our classrooms is not combating racism. It's fanning the flames of what little embers are left. I encourage you to support this resolution. Let racism die the death it deserves."

I don't know where we go from here when both sides see things from such polar opposite positions.  

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I don't know where we go from here when both sides see things from such polar opposite positions.  

We will go the way we always have....Parents will raise their kids with mostly their views 

My Son is my mini-me.  He is in college and still takes my advice and holds a lot of my views....

-Hate no one 

-Treat everyone with respect

-If you have a gut feeling about someone, it's probably true-proceed with caution

-Always be a gentleman (my wife and I go back and forth on that one.....she feels that opening a door or offering a chair is sexist(she married a sexist....ll))......

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

South Carolina parents ain't having it...from the article:

Newly-elected school board members, endorsed by Moms for Liberty are shaking up a South Carolina school board and making immediate changes to the school district.

The Berkley County School Board voted to fire the district’s superintendent, Deon Jackson, shortly after removing David Barrow as the board chair and replacing him with local attorney Mac McQuillin. McQuillin had the backing of the parental rights group Moms for Liberty.

"I would like to make the motion to terminate the employment of Mr. Deon Jackson, the Superintendent of Berkeley County School District effective immediately. Do we have a second?" McQuillin said shortly after replacing Barrow.

On 6/8/2021 at 1:33 PM, Hagar said:

Are you a proponent of CRT.  It’s part of the Liberal Agenda, so I suppose you’re conversant with it.  If you are a proponent, please explain why, and how it helps to unite Americans of all races.

What is wrong with teaching about the atrocities that were committed against black people

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

What is wrong with teaching about the atrocities that were committed against black people

It’s already taught, or at least it was. I learned about slavery in history. It didn’t teach hate. That’s probably the part you like about crt. If that’s what you want taught, haven’t you already brainwashed your kids? One can only imagine how accurate you were.

3 hours ago, Big girl said:

Five months later and that’s the best response you can come up with?  It’s obvious you know little of what is involved in CRT.  Things like, White people bad.  Are you okay with that?  Approximately 100,000 white solders died giving blacks their freedom, but you’re ready to condemn all white people?  Says volumes about you.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Five months later and that’s the best response you can come up with?  It’s obvious you know little of what is involved in CRT.  Things like, White people bad.  Are you okay with that?  Approximately 100,000 white solders died giving blacks their freedom, but you’re ready to condemn all white people?  Says volumes about you.

Crt does not condemn all white people