Critical Race Theory

Hagar

This 9 min video, partly humorous, has some valid points.  One, that CRT teaching is the exact opposite of Martin Luther King, ergo MLK bad.  The one most striking thing,  Hitler & the Nazis used CRT to make the German people feel like victims and Jews as the oppressors.  

If anyone is a proponent of CRT, please explain the benefits of it and how it unites us.  To me it’ll destroy all the progress we’ve made in race relations.

6 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

#1 watched news channel sounds pretty main stream to me brother

but you’re a complete DA so let’s hear you explain how it isn’t 😭

mainstream

: having, reflecting, or being compatible with the prevailing attitudes and values of a society or group

The vast majority of the media outlets are biased to the left while Fox is right, which is what makes them #1.

Main stream media means you have a prevailing attitude with other media outlets (which Fox does not). Has nothing to do with the viewership.

It is so easy to make you look even dumber than you are, you're my best helper with that.

5 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

mainstream

: having, reflecting, or being compatible with the prevailing attitudes and values of a society or group

The vast majority of the media outlets are biased to the left while Fox is right, which is what makes them #1.

Main stream media means you have a prevailing attitude with other media outlets (which Fox does not). Has nothing to do with the viewership.

It is so easy to make you look even dumber than you are, you're my best helper with that.

Wow your DA is really trying to say the #1 watched news channel isn’t main stream media, carry on I guess 😭😭

Ignore viewership.. the DA said 🤯🤯

18 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

I thought you kooks hated main stream media? I’ve seen quite a few Fox News links lately.. ya know, the #1 watched news channel. 

guess main stream media gud now!

Are you a proponent of CRT.  It’s part of the Liberal Agenda, so I suppose you’re conversant with it.  If you are a proponent, please explain why, and how it helps to unite Americans of all races.

6 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Wow your DA is really trying to say the #1 watched news channel isn’t main stream media, carry on I guess 😭😭

Ignore viewership.. the DA said 🤯🤯

The term main stream media has been used for decades, it's sad that you never really figured out what it means, little man.

Too late now, all know that your are as dumb as you are annoying.

By the way, I'm not big on acronyms, what does DA mean, spell it out for us all.

This is the hidden content, please

This is bad stuff!

From the article:

An English teacher has resigned from a top New Jersey prep school that is using critical race theory to create a "hostile culture of conformity and fear" — causing white and male students to believe they are "oppressors," she said.

Dana Stangel-Plowe accused the Dwight-Englewood School in Bergen County of forcing students and faculty to embrace a single set of beliefs, choking off free-speech in the process.

"The school’s ideology requires students to see themselves not as individuals, but as representatives of a group, forcing them to adopt the status of privilege or victimhood," Stangel-Plowe wrote in her letter to school brass.

"As a result, students arrive in my classroom accepting this theory as fact: People born with less melanin in their skin are oppressors, and people born with more melanin in their skin are oppressed. Men are oppressors, women are oppressed, and so on," she continued.

"This is the dominant and divisive ideology that is guiding our adolescent students."

27 minutes ago, Chester86 said:

Home-school your kids.  Between the agendas being pushed and the propaganda being spewed teaching your kids is a great option.  

Bad idea... I had a brother in law that was home-schooled and I wouldn't let the kids sit in his lap.  Dude was an emotional cripple.  

You can go all of the way back to ancient Greece when people really started to "think." There was an open exchange of ideas and higher learning was achieved.  You have the exact opposite today... Far left ideologies are crammed down school kids' throats and anybody has a differing point of view is silenced.  It gets worse at the college level.  By the same token, if you take a kid and stick him in a church school or home school him, he'll end up with an ultra-orthodox view of everything and have no concept of how the rest of the world thinks.  It's just as dumb in reverse. 

On 6/8/2021 at 1:37 PM, LumRaiderFan said:

The term main stream media has been used for decades, it's sad that you never really figured out what it means, little man.

Too late now, all know that your are as dumb as you are annoying.

By the way, I'm not big on acronyms, what does DA mean, spell it out for us all.

District Attorney? lol

5 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Bad idea... I had a brother in law that was home-schooled and I wouldn't let the kids sit in his lap.  Dude was an emotional cripple.  

You can go all of the way back to ancient Greece when people really started to "think." There was an open exchange of ideas and higher learning was achieved.  You have the exact opposite today... Far left ideologies are crammed down school kids' throats and anybody has a differing point of view is silenced.  It gets worse at the college level.  By the same token, if you take a kid and stick him in a church school or home school him, he'll end up with an ultra-orthodox view of everything and have no concept of how the rest of the world thinks.  It's just as dumb in reverse. 

Your opinion.  We home-schooled our three boys and all three are contributing members of society.  I appreciate your perspective but I strongly disagree.  The right to educate our children in the way we see fit is our right.  There is nothing wrong with a Christ-based education.

12 minutes ago, Chester86 said:

Your opinion.  We home-schooled our three boys and all three are contributing members of society.  I appreciate your perspective but I strongly disagree.  The right to educate our children in the way we see fit is our right.  There is nothing wrong with a Christ-based education.

It’s sad, but public schools have become 8 hour day cares.

29 minutes ago, Chester86 said:

No offense, but I’ve noticed that you also might lack some of those characteristics. 

There’s nothing more ignorant than a person that can’t see any perspective other than their own because they whole-heartedly believe that they are “right.”

I always go back to the gay marriage argument. When a straight Christian just says “no” because their Bible condemns homosexuality, they are refusing to see anything other than their own point of view. A few years ago Kountze ISD went through the courts over the rights of the students to use scriptures in their pregame rituals. My guess is that all of those “pro prayer” Christians would lose their minds over a school sanctioned “Allah Ahkbar” banner. They lack the ability to see any perspective other than their own. 

To each his own.  I think you want me to debate you and become open to the ways of the world.  I’m not sure which characteristics you say I lack, but I am okay with who I am.  I sin daily, am convicted and do what I can to be the best Christian I can be.  I serve a risen Savior and wish you nothing but the best.  I believe the topic was Critical Race Theory, and I do not agree with it.  Hopefully that gets things back on track.

7 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Bold:  how the rest of the world thinks is what’s wrong.

14 hours ago, Chester86 said:

Agree 100%, I have been around quite a few home schooled kids and most seem to be confident and well rounded.  The ones that have entered the public or private school systems are many times more advanced than their peers.  I think it's great, but it takes special parents to pull it off, not sure I would make that cut, lol.

This is the hidden content, please

More pushback...from the article:

A Virginia mom who endured Mao Zedong’s Cultural Revolution before immigrating to the U.S. ripped a Virginia school board at a public meeting Tuesday over its stubborn support of the controversial critical race theory.

"I’ve been very alarmed by what’s going on in our schools," Xi Van Fleet told the Loudoun County School Board members. "You are now teaching, training our children to be social justice warriors and to loathe our country and our history."

She likened CRT, which critics deride as a form of "neo-racism," to China’s Cultural Revolution, a Mao-led purge that left between 500,000 and 20 million people dead from 1966 to 1976. The estimates vary greatly and many details have been shrouded in secrecy for decades.

14 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Agree 100%, I have been around quite a few home schooled kids and most seem to be confident and well rounded.  The ones that have entered the public or private school systems are many times more advanced than their peers.  I think it's great, but it takes special parents to pull it off, not sure I would make that cut, lol.

No doubt... I've got a neighbor kid who was going to a church school before the pandemic.  I asked him a while back if he's been keeping up with his lessons and he said "No!  I'm homeschooled?!!!"  He's literally 12 years old and can't read.  I have a sign with the number "27" on it and he looked it and said "two seventy?"  I was like "no, it's twenty-seven."  He stared at it for a while and said "two seventy" under his breath.  He literally doesn't know how to spell his dog's name.  That dog is named "Butter."  I don't think he'll even be able to work at McDonald's... he can't read the order screen or work a register.  

I know of another kid about the same age with ADHD that lives in Bridge City who was having trouble with the online learning at the start of this school year.... His parents got angry and took him out of school so that they could homeschool him.  The only problem is that they've never even bought any of the materials.  He's literally slept in every morning and then woke up and played video games all day long this school year.  What's even worse is that they held him back in kindergarten, so he's going to be even further behind if he ever goes back to school.  My question is how he can be so ADHD that he can't sit in front of a computer to learn, but can sit in front of the TV all day and play video games.  Permissive parent, that's why. 

13 hours ago, Chester86 said:

To each his own.  I think you want me to debate you and become open to the ways of the world.  I’m not sure which characteristics you say I lack, but I am okay with who I am.  I sin daily, am convicted and do what I can to be the best Christian I can be.  I serve a risen Savior and wish you nothing but the best.  I believe the topic was Critical Race Theory, and I do not agree with it.  Hopefully that gets things back on track.

I apologize if I've mischaracterized you... I talk with a lot different posters here and sometimes I can't keep straight who all says whatever. There are multiple posters here who are incapable of thinking outside their own "box."  I have looked into critical race theory a little and am totally opposed to it as well.