2021 DALLAS COWBOYS

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The COWBOYS are 10-4 after 14 games. In total control of the division and currently hold the #2 seed. The defense leads the league in turnovers. However, the offense scares no one. What is going on with the run game? I have watched each game, twice, and can’t quite figure it out. Teams are playing a lot of 4 deep against us and leaving 7 in the box. You would think our WR’s would take advantage of this. Give me your thoughts.

11 hours ago, bullets13 said:

That’s the best full team performance I can remember since probably the early 90s.  And I was bout 8 years old then, and don’t really remember that well.

The last time the Cowboys scored 50+ was against Buffalo in SB XXVII in '93. (52-17)

I would have been more impressed with the Cowboys in this game if it had been against a quality team. Redskins stink. 

On 12/27/2021 at 11:06 AM, Crawford said:

The last time the Cowboys scored 50+ was against Buffalo in SB XXVII in '93. (52-17)

I would have been more impressed with the Cowboys in this game if it had been against a quality team. Redskins stink. 

I agree with your Redskin comment somewhat. I like to think that “This is the NFL”. You have to tighten up the chin straps every week or you could have games like the Bengals/Ravens or Texans/Chargers. Dallas is the best team, although you will hear the argument for GB. GB got 4 turnovers from Cleveland and the Browns still had a chance to win. Doesn’t speak well for GB to me, so I put my Cowboys ahead. Dallas needed to stomp the crap out of the Skins. They swept us last year without Dak, and they poured it on thick. When it was 42-7 at the half, I went to bed. Lol

Favorite play was the pick 6 by Lawrence. 

Ty Cobb, I would shop Zeke and start Pollard. He hits the hole with more authority and field vision. I do like switching them out, though. Zeke lost me last year when Dak went down and he said he guessed he would have to step up his game.

Zeke did what he had to do to get his money. Now that he’s got it. He is just going through the motions. I agree, trade Zeke while you can still get maybe a top CB opposite Diggs or a couple of high draft picks. I like Pollard and think he can be the lead back and pick up a quality back to spell him with one of the high draft picks you get for trading Zeke.

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

Dak isn’t right.  Hasn’t been since he came back from the injury.  He’s only had about 2 good games in the past 7 or so. 

Dak couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn today, and when he did, lots of passes were dropped. Funny how badly we played and still could have won. Doesn’t speak well for AZ. 

Crawford’s comment about WFT rang true today. We can’t play badly against good  teams and expect to win a SB. 

On a final note, Kearse needed to reel in that INT and Murray fumbled on that closing drive.  Shouldn’t have been in that position but should have still gotten the ball. Of course the haters think it wasn’t a fumble. 

This is the hidden content, please

No team would take Zeke with that contract! They overpaid him and did the same with Dak. They could have let Dak hit the market and no team would have given him 40 million a season. If you have access to game pass then you would see game after game where we have wide open guys for 1st downs and he goes to the wrong person. Then people blame the coach’s. Dak is inaccurate and can’t read a defense good enough. He plays well against bad teams. When we play average to good teams Dak puts us behind early. Then in the 2nd half when were down by multiple TD’s he gets on a roll. The people who know football knows why this happens. These teams are going into a prevent defense trying not to give up the big play. Dak holds onto the ball way too long. And why does this happen? Because he sees things way too late. So both Dak and Zeke got paid and their play has went down. Zeke dont have the burst he once had. I did notice on game pass that our offensive line was missing several blocks on run plays. And Shultz is terrible at blocking! And if we cant run the ball don’t expect Dak to carry us in the playoffs. He does good when the run game is going good and he can hit passes off of play action. The defense was missing a key guy yesterday and Wilson missed a few plays that Keanu would have made. They still played good enough for us to beat a very banged up Arizona team. No way should Arozona beat us with all of the players they were missing. It looks like we will get them again in 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, baddog said:

First team in NFL history to have a 4,000 yard passer, 1000 yard rusher, 1000 yard receiver, a player with 10 sacks, and a player with 10 INTs. Even with their crappy play in some games, they were able to do this. They will only get better. Main reason I watched this year is Micah Parsons, and it was worth it.

This is all good, but it took this team 17 games to do it in. Dak breaks Romo's Cowboy season record of 36 touchdown passes with 37. But it took Dak 17 games to do it, where Romo did it in 16 games. Dak had 31 TD passes after 16 games. Not trying to nit-pick, but for me it just don't seem like a fair comparison.

4 minutes ago, Crawford said:

This is all good, but it took this team 17 games to do it in. Dak breaks Romo's Cowboy season record of 36 touchdown passes with 37. But it took Dak 17 games to do it, where Romo did it in 16 games. Dak had 31 TD passes after 16 games. Not trying to nip pick, but for me it just don't seem like a fair comparison.

Neither do 1000 yard rushers who did it in 12 games back in the day. Even with the 17 game schedule, this record will be tough to break. 

First time I’ve watched this Cowboy team.  Was a fan many years ago during the Tom Landry era.  These guys are an embarrassment.  Can’t imagine how guys like Randy White, Two Tall, Lilly, and Leroy Jordan must think watching this defense.  And they’d be better off running the Slot T on offense.  Pathetic.