2021 DALLAS COWBOYS

On 6/6/2021 at 9:14 PM, Ty Cobb said:

Dak is healthy!!! Zeke is very good. Cooper, Gallup, Lamb and Jarwin(TE) make up the best receiving group in the nfl. OL coming back, hopefully healthy, and a rebuilding defense that sounds fast. I have high hopes!!!

Lost Gallup. 

9 minutes ago, baddog said:

Hasn’t happened as of yet, but I think they will trade him at some point, what with the WRs Dallas drafted. I’d hate to lose Gallup but it doesn’t look good. 

Man you scared me. I don’t wNt to lose Gallup but I can’t see anyway they can pay him. Here’s the problem with the early trade deadline in the nfl, which I think is either week 6 or 8.  If the COWBOYS are playing well they won’t trade him and will then lose him to free agency. Which of course means they get nothing for him. 

1 hour ago, Ty Cobb said:

Man you scared me. I don’t wNt to lose Gallup but I can’t see anyway they can pay him. Here’s the problem with the early trade deadline in the nfl, which I think is either week 6 or 8.  If the COWBOYS are playing well they won’t trade him and will then lose him to free agency. Which of course means they get nothing for him. 

Cooper already has the big money, Lamb is just coming of age but getting more throws, that leaves Gallup at 3rd receiver and, as you said, looking to get paid. Difficult to keep all that talent. Heck, I couldn’t believe they let Beasley go. Free agency works for and against players sometimes.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/10/2021 at 6:57 PM, Ty Cobb said:

If/when(I would trade 19 before 13) via free agency Da Boys will get something back (3rd rounder) compensation pick. So If we are winning at mid season Da Joneses will have to make a big decision at the end of the season. Keep 19 or 13... 19 will not have a high trade value unless he stays healthy and produces. 13 is going to have to prove he's a #1 option, alot of #2 think/believe they're a #1 until they are in the #1 wr position and the best CB is covering him week in week out or the DC is rolling cover over to the former #2 wr. Then those wr can't produce at the level they once produced as a #2...Food for thought 🤔

• 2 months later...

Ok guys, the season begins tonight with a trip to Tampa.  I felt pretty good about this game until Zack Martin ended up on the covid list.  Sounds like Connor McGovern will start in his place.  Other than Martin being out, I'm not too worried about the offense.  I'm very ready to see what this defense can do this season and talk about getting tested right away.  Brady and company will be tough.  

4 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

Ok guys, the season begins tonight with a trip to Tampa.  I felt pretty good about this game until Zack Martin ended up on the covid list.  Sounds like Connor McGovern will start in his place.  Other than Martin being out, I'm not too worried about the offense.  I'm very ready to see what this defense can do this season and talk about getting tested right away.  Brady and company will be tough.  

Curious to see how Dak does.  Coming off the major ankle break, and then being hurt most of the preseason, it's hard to imagine him being particularly sharp tonight.  But hopefully!

5 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Curious to see how Dak does.  Coming off the major ankle break, and then being hurt most of the preseason, it's hard to imagine him being particularly sharp tonight.  But hopefully!

I don’t like the way any of the teams handle pre-season. In the Landry years, the starters played 1/4 in the first pre-season game and added 1/4 every game after. They were physically and mentally ready for game 1. Now they come out flat in game 1 and wonder why. Landry knew what he was doing….I mean, they had injuries back then too.

Cowboys have looked pretty decent.  Really impressed with Dak coming off the injury, the receivers, and the pass protection without Martin.  The defense has been up and down, but has 3 takeaways.  If Dallas had a kicker this is a 1-point game at the half.  I’ll be surprised if we win, but I’m pretty okay with a decent showing against the defending Super Bowl champs with all 22 starters back.  

6 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Great effort.  Missed kicks killed us, but that was a pretty terrible no call on the offensive pass interference.  -10 yards instead of +25.  Brutal

You are right about the missed kicks. The no call on the offensive pass interference,  late in the game was typical nfl football. Call a DB for sneezing on a WR but allow WR’s to  shove a DB to the ground to get separation. Goodell and the rule makers must be DEMONcrats!!!😁 
Was the non existent running game because of a good Tampa defense or is throwing the ball 50 times what we can expect going forward?

20 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

You are right about the missed kicks. The no call on the offensive pass interference,  late in the game was typical nfl football. Call a DB for sneezing on a WR but allow WR’s to  shove a DB to the ground to get separation. Goodell and the rule makers must be DEMONcrats!!!😁 
Was the non existent running game because of a good Tampa defense or is throwing the ball 50 times what we can expect going forward?

I think it had a lot to do with the defense.  That front seven is what got TB to the Super Bowl last year.

Two things to do when playing against Brady…. You have to get to Brady with a pass rush , and never play a close game and give Brady the ball with 1:00 or less for a final drive. 

Pretty bad when Dak throws for 400+ yards and only score 29.. some will say 29 is a lot. It is, but 400 yards passing should produce 35-40 points. Zeke carried 11 times. Wtf?

1 hour ago, baddog said:

Two things to do when playing against Brady…. You have to get to Brady with a pass rush , and never play a close game and give Brady the ball with 1:00 or less for a final drive. 

Pretty bad when Dak throws for 400+ yards and only score 29.. some will say 29 is a lot. It is, but 400 yards passing should produce 35-40 points. Zeke carried 11 times. Wtf?

Yeah, when I saw how much time was left, I knew what was going to happen.   The D wasn't too bad, but still gave up some big passes.  It is TB12 they were playing against though.   Time to replace the kicker .

10 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

Yeah, when I saw how much time was left, I knew what was going to happen.   The D wasn't too bad, but still gave up some big passes.  It is TB12 they were playing against though.   Time to replace the kicker .

I believe the big passes were due to no pressure. Any QB should do well with no pressure, and this is Brady. 
Missed scoring opportunities will haunt you.    
That first kick he missed was about ten yards to the left. Pitiful. 

24 minutes ago, baddog said:

I believe the big passes were due to no pressure. Any QB should do well with no pressure, and this is Brady. 
Missed scoring opportunities will haunt you.    
That first kick he missed was about ten yards to the left. Pitiful. 

They definitely need to finish drives better.  They had that problem last year as well even before Dak went down.  I am not real concerned with the D line or the DBs yet, its the first game of the year and they played the SB champs with everyone coming back and nearly beat them if the kicker can make a FG and if they hadn't left so much time on the clock.

1 hour ago, BS Wildcats said:

Dak was very good.  Zeke really not that good!!

Zeke didn’t have the rushing yards but he did a great job blocking and picking up blitzers all game. Not sure if this was a game plan thing or not. Hopefully we see more of a running game next week against the Chargers.