Ex WOS Coach Wilson to HJ

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

News to me.

Pretty sure Sims (JV coach) is still there but maybe Jeff has decided to hang it up.

Of course, Wilson could be going back to the girls side as an assistant.

Was just informed that Coach Sims has taken an administration position at HJ and will not be coaching next season.

Wilson is heading to HJ to be an assistant.  Talked to some of our players who upset he’s leaving.  Still think WOS looses on this and HJ is getting a winner.

Still don’t know why Wilson left exactly because we have a good squad coming back next year.  I do know we’ve lost a lot of coaches and teachers recently at WOS and we’ve lost some young good ones.  Someone might need to figure out why they leaving.  

On 6/4/2021 at 9:41 PM, Jack of All Trades said:

I do know we’ve lost a lot of coaches and teachers recently at WOS and we’ve lost some young good ones.  Someone might need to figure out why they leaving.  

My coworkers wife has taught in the district for over 20 years. She confirmed that many teachers have left, but just as many are returning after learning the grass isn't always greener.

On 6/6/2021 at 1:41 PM, The Dragon said:

No offense to Wilson and his "uncle", but Paul Sims is possibly the best assistant in SETX.  This is a huge loss for the Hawks and coaching in the area.

Very good young Coach who has had the opportunity to learn from some really great coaches. I hope to see him back on the hardwood someday. I wish Coach Wilson nothing but the best. If there’s a better place to be on a staff than HJ I haven’t seen it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...