'21 5A Softball State Tournament!!

Which team wins state?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Aledo
    • Hallsville
    • Barbers Hill
    • Georgetown

I appreciate the confidence in BH but I just don't know who is the favorite. I think you throw the season records out at this point. Also, teams from different regions face different levels of opposition, and some have much stronger pre-district opponents too. A 32-8 team could be stronger than a 40-0 team, in some circumstances. Its cool Deer Park, BH and Liberty will all be there. I will support them all.      

7 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

BH is the favorite. Someone posted on another site they are #2 in the state. They got a tough draw with Hallsville. I'm just glad we didn't have to play BH game 1. 

BH just beat out Lake Creek, and Lake was previously undefeated, so I don't think any of the rankings or records mean much at this point. Also in a one game playoff anything can happen. 

I thought Lake Creek was going to win state. They had a +361 run diff but BH knocked them out. BH has a stud pitcher and that will help them out. Regarding Aledo we have pretty good bats and a very young team (only 2 seniors). I dont know too much about Georgetown other than this is their 1st time at the state tournament. Hallsville has a very respectable baseball program and apparently softball too. I cant wait to see how this unfolds. Personally I think Aledo and BH advance with BH winning it all. Clearly I hope I am wrong about the outcome in the state game. Its cool that Aledo, BH, and Hallsville still have both softball and baseball still playing! More than anything I'm glad these kids get to play and finish the season right! Is it Friday yet?!

I don’t look much at rankings.  I also thought Lake Creek was going to win it all because they were so dominating all season.  I think everyone knew the Region would come down to these two teams.  BH/Lake Creek was an even matchup, but BH had an edge in experience and I think that’s why they won.   Lake Creek didn’t play many close games this year.

I don’t see any weaknesses with BH.  Offense, defense, 2 aces, experience, coaching. Certainly anything can happen in any one game, but I think they win it.  That program has been so good for probably 20 years, especially the last 8.  I can’t even remember a year where they didn’t go at least 4 rounds deep.  They just reload there.  Must be a softball breeding factory nearby. 

11 hours ago, Eazy said:

I don’t look much at rankings.  I also thought Lake Creek was going to win it all because they were so dominating all season.  I think everyone knew the Region would come down to these two teams.  BH/Lake Creek was an even matchup, but BH had an edge in experience and I think that’s why they won.   Lake Creek didn’t play many close games this year.

I don’t see any weaknesses with BH.  Offense, defense, 2 aces, experience, coaching. Certainly anything can happen in any one game, but I think they win it.  That program has been so good for probably 20 years, especially the last 8.  I can’t even remember a year where they didn’t go at least 4 rounds deep.  They just reload there.  Must be a softball breeding factory nearby. 

Open enrollment helps!

On 5/31/2021 at 8:14 AM, aledoalumni said:

BH is the favorite. Someone posted on another site they are #2 in the state. They got a tough draw with Hallsville. I'm just glad we didn't have to play BH game 1. 

And what is that? The UIL brackets had region 3 matched up with region 1 in the semis...but it looks like they reranked them? Did they supposedly seed them based on rankings or records? BH is 1 and Hallsville 4? Aledo and GTown 2/3? 

17 hours ago, Eagle82 said:

TexanLive is only doing audio.  Will these games be televised on any other network?

This is the hidden content, please

Not sure how the quality will be since the game got moved but nfhs still says they are showing it. Worse comes to worse you could ask for a refund or just subscribe for a month and watch old football games (my plan). 

58 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

Not sure how the quality will be since the game got moved but nfhs still says they are showing it. Worse comes to worse you could ask for a refund or just subscribe for a month and watch old football games (my plan). 

The  quality is seems fine. Going to be worth the $11 if you are a fan! GO ALEDO!!!

On 5/31/2021 at 1:49 PM, BH85 said:

Georgetown took out #1 in MaxPreps national ranking, but with one and done it should be open. 

Maxpreps rankings are meaningless.  In both the baseball and softball rankings they have teams that aren't ranked first in texas ranked #1 nationally.  

3 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

Thanks for the info.  Yes, I did the "google" and found that site and was able to catch the game this morning.  Good luck to y'all against Georgetown!

37 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

I saw two Aledo fans, guys in their late 50’s grinning ear to ear after watching BH in the early game. I think they are thinking Aledo has it in the bag facing BH.  

They would be foolish to think that. Clearly BH has established themselves as a very good team. Having said all that I know Aledo expects to win. These girls grew up watching the softball program win back to back in '14 & '15. They believe its their turn. They have put in the work and are ready to write their own legacy! I still would have BH as the favorite but I know very well the will to compete in Aledo. These girls will be ready for tomorrow. Either way its been a great season for all the programs that made the tournament!