VP93....

Coach Porter out in Lumberton

Recommended Posts

1
1 hour ago, VP93.... said:

after only 3 years Lumberton had parted ways with Coach Porter. 
 

I’m hearing 2 well known names have been interviewed. 

Who are the well known names?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2021 at 4:16 PM, Ty Cobb said:

Who are the well known names?

From what i understand the hire has already been mad and will be final on the 15th.

There will be another local coaching job open due to this hire.

Stay tuned for more details

Link to post
Share on other sites

Porters first year Lumberton won one game. Last year, after three years, Lumberton won 17 games and lost out on the playoffs on the last game of the season. Porter had that program headed in the right direction with young players coming back. I don't know what the new AD is looking for, but the program was successful under Porter. Good luck Josh. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

Porters first year Lumberton won one game. Last year, after three years, Lumberton won 17 games and lost out on the playoffs on the last game of the season. Porter had that program headed in the right direction with young players coming back. I don't know what the new AD is looking for, but the program was successful under Porter. Good luck Josh. 

That is a tough district to win in.  

The parents in Lumberton do more harm than good.

Porter is not the first nor the last casualty from the parents in Lumberton.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, pine curtain said:

That is a tough district to win in.  

The parents in Lumberton do more harm than good.

Porter is not the first nor the last casualty from the parents in Lumberton.

That’s no joke. All they do is complain. Heck they are even complaining about the band not letting their kid play the instrument they want to play 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

That’s no joke. All they do is complain. Heck they are even complaining about the band not letting their kid play the instrument they want to play 

Surprised the UIL wasn't called. 👀😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2021 at 11:36 PM, pine curtain said:

That is a tough district to win in.  

The parents in Lumberton do more harm than good.

Porter is not the first nor the last casualty from the parents in Lumberton.

FACTS.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is 100% official. Coach Seymour is approved.  Filling out his Lumberton paperwork.  Will be a great addition for this Lumberton Raider Baseball Program.  If he is allowed to build his program, without an excessive amount of parent, fan & administrative interference... it will be a successful one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, png9mon said:

It is 100% official. Coach Seymour is approved.  Filling out his Lumberton paperwork.  Will be a great addition for this Lumberton Raider Baseball Program.  If he is allowed to build his program, without an excessive amount of parent, fan & administrative interference... it will be a successful one.

Good luck … he just walked into a wasp nest 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HOTROD309 said:

Good luck … he just walked into a wasp nest 

Coach Seymour is no stranger to adversity & outside pressure from any outside forces that are at work. He is a fine Christian man. He is a former Nederland Bulldogs Baseball Player & Current Port Neches-Groves Indians Supporter with a son playing football & baseball for the Indians.  All this while having coached at Hamshire-Fannett & now moving to Lumberton.  He has a great knowledge of the game of baseball.  He is a highly educated professional teacher.  Also he is a great conveyor of baseball skills.  He has a level head & sensible, but "tough as iron" personality.  Coach Seymour will be able to handle what is thrown at him.  His players will back him 100%, due to his devotion to any program he takes on!

May God Bless His Time at Lumberton!!!🙏

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, png9mon said:

Coach Seymour is no stranger to adversity & outside pressure from any outside forces that are at work. He is a fine Christian man. He is a former Nederland Bulldogs Baseball Player & Current Port Neches-Groves Indians Supporter with a son playing football & baseball for the Indians.  All this while having coached at Hamshire-Fannett & now moving to Lumberton.  He has a great knowledge of the game of baseball.  He is a highly educated professional teacher.  Also he is a great conveyor of baseball skills.  He has a level head & sensible, but "tough as iron" personality.  Coach Seymour will be able to handle what is thrown at him.  His players will back him 100%, due to his devotion to any program he takes on!

May God Bless His Time at Lumberton!!!🙏

What political office is Coach Seymour running for?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, png9mon said:

Coach Seymour is no stranger to adversity & outside pressure from any outside forces that are at work. He is a fine Christian man. He is a former Nederland Bulldogs Baseball Player & Current Port Neches-Groves Indians Supporter with a son playing football & baseball for the Indians.  All this while having coached at Hamshire-Fannett & now moving to Lumberton.  He has a great knowledge of the game of baseball.  He is a highly educated professional teacher.  Also he is a great conveyor of baseball skills.  He has a level head & sensible, but "tough as iron" personality.  Coach Seymour will be able to handle what is thrown at him.  His players will back him 100%, due to his devotion to any program he takes on!

May God Bless His Time at Lumberton!!!🙏

Not saying anything bad about the Coach at all .. I’ve heard nothing but great things about him from his players and parents .. But Coach Porter is also a great guy with a good knowledge of baseball and was a Lumberton alumni .. 

 

just saying .. GOOD LUCK 🍀 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pine curtain said:

What political office is Coach Seymour running for?

In Lumberton his position as Head Baseball Coach is good for him.  The most important thing is he will be giving his all for that program. In Lumberton you have a successful stint as coach as long you don't ever have to be "running" for the door.😄

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Member Statistics

    42,773
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    WhoDat
    Newest Member
    WhoDat
    Joined
×
  • Create New...