AUSTIN SMITHEY NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT WARREN

• WOSgrad changed the title to AUSTIN SMITHEY NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT WARREN
2 hours ago, lsutigers20230 said:

No he got fired, was told to resign big difference 

Coach Jack did a good job with the girls in Warren. His resume speaks for its self. In all honesty though he seems to like to move around pretty often. He’ll be on the bench somewhere next year and will be successful wherever that happens to be. 

19 hours ago, waltersobchak said:

Well warren is trying to hire head baseball and basketball so maybe they’ll get Craig Jones to apply and he can be ad/head baseball and hfc. Just roll it all into one. 

The 2nd week of June isn’t an ideal time to start a search for two head coaches. Hopefully they can come up with some quality candidates but it’s a little late in the game 

53 minutes ago, whsalum said:

Coach Jack did a good job with the girls in Warren. His resume speaks for its self. In all honesty though he seems to like to move around pretty often. He’ll be on the bench somewhere next year and will be successful wherever that happens to be. 

not sure before vidor.....but then Lumberton.....Hf....Warren 

Parents who can’t handle the truth of their kids own abilities... 

12 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

not sure before vidor.....but then Lumberton.....Hf....Warren 

Parents who can’t handle the truth of their kids own abilities... 

he’s a good coach no one can doubt that. If someone wasn’t playing for him it was probably because someone else was better. So I guess Warren needs a HC in both Boys and Girls Basketball and Baseball. I would think most districts have their staffs under contract by now. 

33 minutes ago, 88Warrior said:

I agree tomcat…young, high energy guy from a highly successful program…also think coming from outside the local area is a plus as well…

There it is. I always knew Warrens issues in Football were tied to the age and energy of their head coaches. That's why I was against the hire of the low energy, old man Kevin Barbay several years ago. I am glad to see they are trying a new model in their hiring processes.

24 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

And what do you project their district record will be this year with their new coach? Cannot see any high powered coach wanting to go to Warren. Don’t think the money is that good at Warren.

No idea or guess on the record….pay is actually not bad for area 3A schools…they made a pretty big bump up in the pay scale a couple years ago…

5 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

And what do you project their district record will be this year with their new coach? Cannot see any high powered coach wanting to go to Warren. Don’t think the money is that good at Warren.

I have no idea what the realignment or snap shot day will look like and I hope the new AD/HC is as good as advertised. If he is Warren is probably looking at a 1-6 or 2-5 record. I’d love to see them in the hunt but Newton, New Waverly, Corrigan, Anderson- Shiro , Hemphill are all usually decidedly better. 

Hopefully Warren will find a coach that can get the kids to buy into his program. Winning teams have a year around program and kids are required to participate. A lot of the kids will not buy into the program, instead of lifting weights in the summer they had rather play computer games. It is hard to get a kid to buy into a losing program.

On 5/27/2021 at 6:16 PM, Cherokee88 said:

What has happened in Warren? Fill us in.

Only good things are happening in Warren!  So proud of the growth mindset that our admin, decision makers, school board members and stakeholders have. Change is inevitable for any district, and it’s a necessary evil. 
I for one, am ready to embrace the vision and support our Warrior Nation. 

Only good things are happening in Warren!  So proud of the growth mindset that our admin, decision makers, school board members and stakeholders have. Change is inevitable for any district, and it’s a necessary evil. 

36 minutes ago, Warrior Proud said:

Only good things are happening in Warren!  So proud of the growth mindset that our admin, decision makers, school board members and stakeholders have. Change is inevitable for any district, and it’s a necessary evil. 

Great decision on firing the girls Basketball  coach who’s a great coach. They went to the playoffs this year seems to me that’s how you do things and make good decisions fire the coach that is building a program.

1 hour ago, Warrior Proud said:

My heart will always be a Warren Warrior but the athletic programs on the boys side have been disappointing for several years. As an outsider looking in these days it appears the programs that had some degree of success in the past have been neglected. Like I’ve said before I wish the new guy the best of luck but I’m not convinced coaching is the problem in Warren. In all sports it has to start at a young age with the parents being dedicated to develop the youth leagues, travel teams and most importantly a weight program. Until we turn this around we’re going to struggle.