AUSTIN SMITHEY NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT WARREN

13 hours ago, Sportsparents said:

I read your post and like I said the AD has been there for at least 6 years and Warren is still at the bottom. Maybe you should talks to Jacks and findout why he really left because it was his choice to leave. And everyone on our school board is there for the kids and want whats best for them. I do not work for the school or have a child in Warren but Warren needs coaches that care about the kids. Pretty sure the school board is always looking for good people to run.

So are you saying the AD nor JACKs care about the kids.....

your sadly mistaken.

coddling kids don’t come off to caring in my book

coaches coward to parents doesn’t equal caring

17 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

So are you saying the AD nor JACKs care about the kids.....

your sadly mistaken.

coddling kids don’t come off to caring in my book

coaches coward to parents doesn’t equal caring

No where did I say they didn't care. I said the school board cares about the kids. What is the AD job if it's not making the team the best it can be?

13 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Oh I completely understand that when a new AD comes in.....not so much a sup.

Go back and look at Warren s sports history..... how many times has Warren been a stepping stone for AD’s. At least the current(well now resigned) was planning on sticking around. Winning is great but it’s not what it’s always about.....character, fortitude, teamwork, work ethic, trust, accountability, so on and so forth.....go further in life than WINS. 

Buckner is a good dude and has a lot of respect around here. He will do great wherever he goes. 

Wins do matter when it’s your job. 9 wins in the last 6 years don’t get the job done. I’d be more understanding if they had every kid playing that should be playing and the talent just isn’t there, but that’s not the case here. Every year there are 8+ kids roaming the halls at WISD that don’t play, and I think that’s the AD’s and his coaches job is to connect with those kids and get them to try it out. Accountability sucks when you’re held to it, and it seems that’s what the new superintendent is doing, holding employees accountable. 

You can continue to point fingers and word vomit your hearsay, but it boils down to getting the job done on all fronts, not just one or two sports. 

2 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Come on now. Really. You actually believe that?

He got pushed out.

2 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Parents are what started the mess....parents unable to see that there daughter wasn’t as good as they thought.

jacks brings Warren to the playoffs and then leaves cause of parents.......must not know jacks.

Don't know what to actually believe, but it was mentioned in a thread you started in the girls basketball forum. 

https://www.setxsports.com/ip/index.php?/topic/232214-what-the-heck-warren-jacks-out/

3 hours ago, whs15 said:

Buckner is a good dude and has a lot of respect around here. He will do great wherever he goes. 

Wins do matter when it’s your job. 9 wins in the last 6 years don’t get the job done. I’d be more understanding if they had every kid playing that should be playing and the talent just isn’t there, but that’s not the case here. Every year there are 8+ kids roaming the halls at WISD that don’t play, and I think that’s the AD’s and his coaches job is to connect with those kids and get them to try it out. Accountability sucks when you’re held to it, and it seems that’s what the new superintendent is doing, holding employees accountable. 

You can continue to point fingers and word vomit your hearsay, but it boils down to getting the job done on all fronts, not just one or two sports. 

8 plus kids that’s an odd number to throw out.

I understand finding someone else due to a lack of wins but, When has the “job gotten done” on all fronts at Warren been done before.....most schools don’t get the job done at all sports.

I guess jacks getting the girls to playoffs wasn’t getting the job done. If wins really do matter......

Please show me the  history.

I do hope the best for Warren but givin this late in the season doesn’t look good.

usually this type of move would ve happened after the season so they could start looking for someone...so why all of sudden now....that doesn’t raise a red flag to some of you.....

If she had the best interest in the program and knew what the current AD s record was over the past 6years this would ve been done a whole lot sooner.  

if you want your wins to improve...parents have to do there part....they have to spend more time with their kids to instill in them work ethic from an early age.  Kids should want to spend there time working and improving skills whenever time is available......A coach can only do so much with the time he has and what’s out there. 
and I’m talking in general here not just with this situation specifically.

4 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Go back and read your post

Warren needs coaches that care about the kids.”

They do need coaches that care and will show the boys that they can win.. But I did not say the Athletic Director or coach Jacks did not care. But im done here best of luck to you and your husband.

5 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

“Jack’s left because of parents”

cozy on up

Ok...I don’t guess you’re going to straight up answer the question that I keep asking....my guess is because you can’t because you don’t have any credible examples......go ahead and keep throwing stuff on the wall and hoping something eventually sticks....I can say that the Warren school board is one of the most “hands off” boards in the area... 

15 hours ago, Sportsparents said:

They do need coaches that care and will show the boys that they can win.. But I did not say the Athletic Director or coach Jacks did not care. But im done here best of luck to you and your husband.

You must have me confused with someone else

im not into dudes.

14 hours ago, 88Warrior said:

Ok...I don’t guess you’re going to straight up answer the question that I keep asking....my guess is because you can’t because you don’t have any credible examples......go ahead and keep throwing stuff on the wall and hoping something eventually sticks....I can say that the Warren school board is one of the most “hands off” boards in the area... 

I used “certain school board members” cause I do not know the names, but I do know that not all  like some of the decisions”

and yes I do agree that Warren school board is one of the most “hands off” 

But that doesn’t change some of the decisions that have been made and the handling of other situations by either sup or school board.

the school board are elected who then in turn make decisions that affect the direction of school. The decisions and hires/fires a school board make are a reflection. And that goes for any elected position.....

now I will admit in my initial post I was angry and said “parents know who your voting for”
Not that it falls completely on school board for a decision(s) an individual makes but when it affects many it could go back to “who hired this person”

As far as my opinion and many others the sup is on the negative side of things.....and in the coaching fraternity of setx she s not in a good light.

11 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I used “certain school board members” cause I do not know the names, but I do know that not all  like some of the decisions”

and yes I do agree that Warren school board is one of the most “hands off” 

But that doesn’t change some of the decisions that have been made and the handling of other situations by either sup or school board.

the school board are elected who then in turn make decisions that affect the direction of school. The decisions and hires/fires a school board make are a reflection. And that goes for any elected position.....

now I will admit in my initial post I was angry and said “parents know who your voting for”
Not that it falls completely on school board for a decision(s) an individual makes but when it affects many it could go back to “who hired this person”

As far as my opinion and many others the sup is on the negative side of things.....and in the coaching fraternity of setx she s not in a good light.

Like someone said earlier there are always two sides of the story and a lot of times the only side you’ll usually get is the one from the disgruntled side...Like someone else said it’s tough to be held accountable..especially when 6 years in you’ve won 9 of approximately 60 games that were scheduled in those seasons...  He chose to resign... Coach B is a great man and I wish nothing but the best for him...And just so you know the only hire and fire the school board makes is the Superintendent...that’s it..no other position...So my question is have you  talked to the Superintendent directly about your concerns? Have you talked to any of board members? I guarantee you they will listen to what you have to say...Better yet get on the agenda at the next board meeting and talk to both....You’ll get more information that way than on a message board... 

21 minutes ago, 88Warrior said:

Like someone said earlier there are always two sides of the story and a lot of times the only side you’ll usually get is the one from the disgruntled side...Like someone else said it’s tough to be held accountable..especially when 6 years in you’ve won 9 of approximately 60 games that were scheduled in those seasons...  He chose to resign... Coach B is a great man and I wish nothing but the best for him...And just so you know the only hire and fire the school board makes is the Superintendent...that’s it..no other position...So my question is have you  talked to the Superintendent directly about your concerns? Have you talked to any of board members? I guarantee you they will listen to what you have to say...Better yet get on the agenda at the next board meeting and talk to both....You’ll get more information that way than on a message board... 

big question is why did they force out a good basketball coach in jacks?? 

9 minutes ago, lsutigers20230 said:

big question is why did they force out a good basketball coach in jacks?? 

Idk if he was “forced out”....have you asked anyone that would actually know? Was he forced out at Lumberton or at Hamshire Fannett as well?  If it was because of “parents” as you keep saying I can assure you there would have been more pressure in those two places than in Warren...Or did he decide to go somewhere else? No idea...

21 minutes ago, 88Warrior said:

Idk if he was “forced out”....have you asked anyone that would actually know? Was he forced out at Lumberton or at Hamshire Fannett as well?  If it was because of “parents” as you keep saying I can assure you there would have been more pressure in those two places than in Warren...Or did he decide to go somewhere else? No idea...

He was forced out at warren, just like Buckner, Schroeder!!! Why do you think hogan left warren?? Because warren is a bad bad place right now to work at.

I see a lot of people talking about Warren needs a coach that cares about the kids and such. That’s true. But one thing you need for a winning program is Athletes and talent. Not trying to burst bygones bubble Warren just hasn’t had that combination in football for a long time.

5 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

I see a lot of people talking about Warren needs a coach that cares about the kids and such. That’s true. But one thing you need for a winning program is Athletes and talent. Not trying to burst bygones bubble Warren just hasn’t had that combination in football for a long time.

Ummmmmmm.....what he said.

Warrren's last playoff appearance was in 2005.  The last one before that was 1958.

22 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Anyone’s *

• WOSgrad changed the title to AUSTIN SMITHEY NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT WARREN