AUSTIN SMITHEY NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT WARREN

21 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

AD has resigned 

many other staff members are leaving due to the super  and certain board members mismanagement(I’m being nice)

She must not know that the coaching fraternity talks....why would anyone want to come work there and not get a say in coaching staff and have to play certain kids in fear of their job.

Warren was headed in a good direction but when people don’t do their homework and elected those who in turn hire a leader who in turn causes havoc.....shows ya how important your votes are (for some reason this sounds all to familiar)

Please elaborate with facts and examples.....

On 5/27/2021 at 5:13 PM, 5GallonBucket said:

This is what happens when a country school hires a super from Houston.

Warren school board screwed up with this hire and actually this falls back on parents who voted these people in.  KNOW WHO YOU ARE VOTING FOR.

Warren......no wonder your at the bottom of barrel all the time.  You have low standards and low expectations..... 

parents who you elect matters....who your leaders matter.....

school board

sup

principals/ad

teachers

Trickle down affect

now you have good teachers and coaches leaving because of poor leadership at the top.

good luck replacing all those people

kids can’t buy in to a system to have success and team unity when you elect inept school board members who then hire an inept superintendent who doesn’t have a clue how to deal with a sports program.

Look in the mirror and make some changes.

We have had the same AD for the pass 6 years the new superintendent has only been here a little over a year so how is it her fault we are at the bottom of the barrel ? 

13 hours ago, Sportsparents said:

We have had the same AD for the pass 6 years the new superintendent has only been here a little over a year so how is it her fault we are at the bottom of the barrel ? 

Go back and look at my post and read again.

You finally got a quality AD who in my opinion was making this place a home and a permanent thing for long term. 
That’s a great combination.

and now you run him off along with a few other coaches.....one being Jacks who got your girls to the playoffs in his 1st year.

I see this was your 1st post so I assume your in good with the sup.....

On 5/29/2021 at 10:58 AM, purpleeagle said:

There are two sides to every story. Not saying your side is wrong but the other side may have more class then to get on a public site and toot their horn.

I have no horn to toot I don’t work at Warren Isd. 

And yes there are two sides to every story.

just know coaches talk to other coaches from 6A to 6man.....and the way she s handled coaches in her 1st year.....well she along with school board have just set Warren back.

44 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Well it’s self explanatory.....

look at what all has transpired 

No it’s not self explanatory.....What EXACTLY has “certain school board members” done? Give us specifics with examples...not hearsay or just empty accusations...

It's quite common for administration to bring in their own people at any school.....when you consider the previous HC was there six seasons and hadn't had success it can't be that big a surprise to anyone that the new regime wants to give it a go with people they hire....its just the nature of the business

11 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

It's quite common for administration to bring in their own people at any school.....when you consider the previous HC was there six seasons and hadn't had success it can't be that big a surprise to anyone that the new regime wants to give it a go with people they hire....its just the nature of the business

Oh I completely understand that when a new AD comes in.....not so much a sup.

Go back and look at Warren s sports history..... how many times has Warren been a stepping stone for AD’s. At least the current(well now resigned) was planning on sticking around. Winning is great but it’s not what it’s always about.....character, fortitude, teamwork, work ethic, trust, accountability, so on and so forth.....go further in life than WINS. 

13 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Go back and look at my post and read again.

You finally got a quality AD who in my opinion was making this place a home and a permanent thing for long term. 
That’s a great combination.

and now you run him off along with a few other coaches.....one being Jacks who got your girls to the playoffs in his 1st year.

I see this was your 1st post so I assume your in good with the sup.....

I read your post and like I said the AD has been there for at least 6 years and Warren is still at the bottom. Maybe you should talks to Jacks and findout why he really left because it was his choice to leave. And everyone on our school board is there for the kids and want whats best for them. I do not work for the school or have a child in Warren but Warren needs coaches that care about the kids. Pretty sure the school board is always looking for good people to run.

9 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Oh I completely understand that when a new AD comes in.....not so much a sup.

Go back and look at Warren s sports history..... how many times has Warren been a stepping stone for AD’s. At least the current(well now resigned) was planning on sticking around. Winning is great but it’s not what it’s always about.....character, fortitude, teamwork, work ethic, trust, accountability, so on and so forth.....go further in life than WINS. 

In a small ISD the AD/HFC reports directly to the supt....why wouldn't a new supt want to bring in their own people..athletics is a big deal in small towns...they are going to want to ride w/someone they hired in most cases....

The main problem with all of this is Warren opening this late. Even if there was a change in a "reasonable" time table it was going to be hard to find someone with a proven track record that would want to come in and try to get something going but with it now being June 1st good luck.

Whoever ends up getting there, the community AND admin needs to understand realistic expectations and what Warren in is.  

4 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

In a small ISD the AD/HFC reports directly to the supt....why wouldn't a new supt want to bring in their own people..athletics is a big deal in small towns...they are going to want to ride w/someone they hired in most cases....

Most schools operate that way not just small.

I ve seen numerous new sups In other districts come in and not push/remove an AD.

A new Sup removing/pushing an AD out is more the exception than the rule in my experience.

but I do understand the mentality your talking about....

name an AD that’s been there 10 years plus?

13 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Most schools operate that way not just small.

I ve seen numerous new sups In other districts come in and not push/remove an AD.

A new Sup removing/pushing an AD out is more the exception than the rule in my experience.

but I do understand the mentality your talking about....

name an AD that’s been there 10 years plus?

In this case we are talking about an AD who had been there six years and had not won more than three games in a single season, so in those cases where you have a AD who has been at a place 5+ years and had not won its going to be much more common for the supt to want to make a change.....the only thing that really makes this difficult IMO is the timing...

12 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I thought Jacks left cause of a few idiotic parents, not cause of higher-ups......

Parents are what started the mess....parents unable to see that there daughter wasn’t as good as they thought.

jacks brings Warren to the playoffs and then leaves cause of parents.......must not know jacks.

2 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

In this case we are talking about an AD who had been there six years and had not won more than three games in a single season, so in those cases where you have a AD who has been at a place 5+ years and had not won its going to be much more common for the supt to want to make a change.....the only thing that really makes this difficult IMO is the timing...

I get it....

I do believe the JV did really well

also AD was coaching many sports compared to the other district ADs

warren has a tough time filling positions as it is.

I believe the girls program did well....he s the AD.....does he get any credit for that.......I know I know TEXAS is a football state.....it’s all based on football.

• WOSgrad changed the title to AUSTIN SMITHEY NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT WARREN