Snapshot Day 2021

• 2 weeks later...

Going to be very interesting to see if George Ranch drops down to 5A-D1 for the upcoming alignment now that Richmond Randle is opening? Randle is only three miles from George Ranch which probably means GR will take a bigger hit than Rosenberg Terry and Lamar Con. Katy Paetow is projected to have an enrollment close to 2,800 kids so I expect them to move up to 6A and the new school Katy Jordan to replace them. Manvel is on the borderline and will probably barely make the 6A cutoff but if they don't you're potentially looking at a 10-5A-D1 consisting of; Manvel, George Ranch, Foster, Angleton and Hightower. 

Unrelated - 15+ years ago when I was going to school in the Dallas area we used to consider Frisco the sticks. I believe they only had two high schools in town. By the end of 2022 Frisco ISD will have 12 high schools with at least a 5A enrollment in an area smaller than Crosby ISD's attendance zone. I was going to one of my son's games a couple years ago and turned into Frisco Heritage High School. I didn't see any players so I asked if I was at the right field at which time I was told "No, you're looking for Frisco Independence". Independence was one block away. Both are 5A-D1. That's what type of suburban growth the larger schools in SETX are competing with. 

6 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Unrelated - 15+ years ago when I was going to school in the Dallas area we used to consider Frisco the sticks. I believe they only had two high schools in town. By the end of 2022 Frisco ISD will have 12 high schools with at least a 5A enrollment in an area smaller than Crosby ISD's attendance zone. I was going to one of my son's games a couple years ago and turned into Frisco Heritage High School. I didn't see any players so I asked if I was at the right field at which time I was told "No, you're looking for Frisco Independence". Independence was one block away. Both are 5A-D1. That's what type of suburban growth the larger schools in SETX are competing with. 

Frisco is probably the most insane place in the state right now. 

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

I guess so but then just a few years ago they had a 2 5a’s and Brook a 6a... so for them to only have 2 5a’s now just seems a little wild for me. 

But you know since then, those cutoff numbers changed substantially.  Plus, remember Central, especially Ozen’s numbers were declining.  

2 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

I guess so but then just a few years ago they had a 2 5a’s and Brook a 6a... so for them to only have 2 5a’s now just seems a little wild for me. 

But remember when those 2 5A's were merged, their combined enrollment to get the ADM for United was only 60 students more than West Brook's. They had lost that enrollment advantage by the next enrollment and were in 5A, DI.  Plus, with the new schools going up in the Metroplex and Houston, the 6A/5A border, as Soulja pointed out, is sure to rise.

4 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

But remember when those 2 5A's were merged, their combined enrollment to get the ADM for United was only 60 students more than West Brook's. They had lost that enrollment advantage by the next enrollment and were in 5A, DI.  Plus, with the new schools going up in the Metroplex and Houston, the 6A/5A border, as Soulja pointed out, is sure to rise.

Yeah I guess so, we will see come the fall.  

13 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Yeah I do remember them declining slightly 

Declined alot, Ozen was hovering close to 4A numbers. 

But we'll see how it goes, personally I hope WB drops, gives us another local team to play and probably kicks a Htown area one out (🧐 looking at GCM and Sterling)