Abortion?

Realville

22 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Or we could expect their parents to hold themselves accountable.  But that's not exactly what liberals (who all support abortion on demand, regardless of ability to pay) expect from themselves.  

I like the whole "you messed up one night, be accountable for 18 years" argument.  Especially when you drop it on a teenager.  Abortion is a legal method for being accountable, versus having the child and expecting others to raise it or pay for it.  Again, here's an example of the typical conservative view on abortion: it's an outrage for tax payers to pay for abortions, but it's also an outrage for tax payers to pay for children on welfare.  

22 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Too often abortion is used as retroactive birth control. If a young girl gets pregnant, she can always put the life she has given into the arms of others who aren’t as fortunate or give the father the opportunity to raise the child. 

what if a young couple is being responsible and using birth control and it fails?  it happens.  

18 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I like the whole "you messed up one night, be accountable for 18 years" argument.  Especially when you drop it on a teenager.  Abortion is a legal method for being accountable, versus having the child and expecting others to raise it or pay for it.  Again, here's an example of the typical conservative view on abortion: it's an outrage for tax payers to pay for abortions, but it's also an outrage for tax payers to pay for children on welfare.  

I like it better than I like the "you haven't done anything wrong, but I'm going to kill you anyways" argument. 

9 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Sir I’m afraid your arguments are not only paper thin, but don’t address the life being taken. It’s considered homicide or “feticide” if a fetus is killed while in the womb during the commission of more than 60 federal crimes (Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004).  It just allows that crime to go unpunished if perpetrated by the host. I would say mother, but I’ll just refer to anyone willing to kill their baby as the host. 

The whole argument is faulty.  Somebody gets knocked up, and the only question is "who else is gonna deal with this?"  Is it gonna be tax-payer funded abortionist?  Will it fall to somebody else to adopt the poor kid?  Those appear to be the only two options, when the obvious option has no intentions of fulfilling their obligations as a human freakin' being. 

3 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Sir I’m afraid your arguments are not only paper thin, but don’t address the life being taken. It’s considered homicide or “feticide” if a fetus is killed while in the womb during the commission of more than 60 federal crimes (Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004).  It just allows that crime to go unpunished if perpetrated by the host. I would say mother, but I’ll just refer to anyone willing to kill their baby as the host. 

Just because you disagree with them, doesn't make them paper thin.  You have yet to tell he how we're going to afford these extra 800,000 mouths a year, and where we're going to house them.  

It's not a crime.  

10 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I like it better than I like the "you haven't done anything wrong, but I'm going to kill you anyways" argument. 

So when does life begin?  Catholics believe it's a sin to use birth control.  Is it murder if you take a pill to kill your eggs?  If you wear a rubber and keep your boys from swimming?  What about when you spend a little time with yourself?  Just curious?  Do you have a problem with the morning after pill?

1 minute ago, bullets13 said:

So when does life begin?  Catholics believe it's a sin to use birth control.  Is it murder if you take a pill to kill your eggs?  If you wear a rubber and keep your boys from swimming?  What about when you spend a little time with yourself?  Just curious?  Do you have a problem with the morning after pill?

Obviously there are different opinions, but you asked for mine... I don't have a problem with contraception at all.  Plan B, condoms, the pill, the shot, sterilization.  My problem comes when procedures to end the life of the unborn child occurs. It's like.... if only contraception were free.  Wait.... it is.  Thanks to Obamacare, any American can stroll in and get an RX whenever they wish with no copay.   But then again, one party celebrates the passage of legislation that allows abortion up until birth.  Celebrates!  What about abortion up until the age of say, six?  As long as that's what the mom wants, right? George Floyd had rap sheet and was committing a crime.... but the left doesn't blink an eye at slaughtering 800,000 innocents per year. 

Like I've said repeatedly.  I'm personally opposed as I feel that abortion is immoral for me.  It's been legal in the US since 1973, and I only became opposed to OTHERS choosing to get one when the Ds decided that I should help pay for it.  

I know it may seem like I'm some big proponent of abortion.  It's not something that I like, but it's legal, and making it illegal would cause tremendous problems that most conservatives want to gloss over or ignore.  It's very easy for a bunch of men to sit around and talk about what a woman should have to do with her own body and what's in it.  It's also easy when we don't ever have to worry about accidently getting pregnant, or getting raped and getting pregnant, or having birth control fail and getting pregnant, or getting pregnant and having it cause life-threatening medical issues. My wife has a friend who had a bunch of abortions.  She'd just get knocked up every year or two and then go terminate it.  I lost all respect for her because of it.  That said, I have a friend who's 15-year-old got pregnant, and they chose to terminate it.  I looked at it differently.  

4 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Obviously there are different opinions, but you asked for mine... I don't have a problem with contraception at all.  Plan B, condoms, the pill, the shot, sterilization.  My problem comes when procedures to end the life of the unborn child occurs. It's like.... if only contraception were free.  Wait.... it is.  Thanks to Obamacare, any American can stroll in and get an RX whenever they wish with no copay.   But then again, one party celebrates the passage of legislation that allows abortion up until birth.  Celebrates!  What about abortion up until the age of say, six?  As long as that's what the mom wants, right? George Floyd had rap sheet and was committing a crime.... but the left doesn't blink an eye at slaughtering 800,000 innocents per year. 

Like I've said repeatedly.  I'm personally opposed as I feel that abortion is immoral for me.  It's been legal in the US since 1973, and I only became opposed to OTHERS choosing to get one when the Ds decided that I should help pay for it.  

I totally get all this, and honestly don't have a big disagreement with any of it.  

46 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Just because you disagree with them, doesn't make them paper thin.  You have yet to tell he how we're going to afford these extra 800,000 mouths a year, and where we're going to house them.  

It's not a crime.  

No, it’s not a crime. It should be.

But I'll add to this... I think the Supreme Court taking up the abortion issue again is a mistake. The precedent has always been not to re-visit the decisions of previous courts.  If anybody knows of anything that differentiates this new case from Roe v Wade, I'd like to hear it.

Besides the first reason, I also disagree because this will push the Dems into trying to "pack" the supreme court.  We really don't need situations where the Supreme Court becomes politicized and takes up previous decisions that were reached by a court with a different make-up.  The obvious solution is to add members to the court.  We're at 6-3 right now.... adding 4 Justices makes it a 7-6 split the other way.  Then the Rs will turn right back around and add a few the next time that they are in power to grind old axes.  That alone is reason enough to leave it be.

Also, abortion has been legal since 1973.  48 years!  It has literally been legal longer than most Americans have been alive.  Young people don't feel as strongly about it being "wrong" for a lot of reasons.  If you really want to be the party of old guys trying to take away freedoms that these young people have had their whole lives, go right ahead.... you'll pay for it at the polls.

The simple answer is to draft a constitutional amendment to make it illegal.  Have it ratified by the states and it will truly be outlawed.  Except the pro-lifers don't have the necessary votes.... so it should just be left alone.

27 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

But I'll add to this... I think the Supreme Court taking up the abortion issue again is a mistake. The precedent has always been not to re-visit the decisions of previous courts.  If anybody knows of anything that differentiates this new case from Roe v Wade, I'd like to hear it.

Besides the first reason, I also disagree because this will push the Dems into trying to "pack" the supreme court.  We really don't need situations where the Supreme Court becomes politicized and takes up previous decisions that were reached by a court with a different make-up.  The obvious solution is to add members to the court.  We're at 6-3 right now.... adding 4 Justices makes it a 7-6 split the other way.  Then the Rs will turn right back around and add a few the next time that they are in power to grind old axes.  That alone is reason enough to leave it be.

Also, abortion has been legal since 1973.  48 years!  It has literally been legal longer than most Americans have been alive.  Young people don't feel as strongly about it being "wrong" for a lot of reasons.  If you really want to be the party of old guys trying to take away freedoms that these young people have had their whole lives, go right ahead.... you'll pay for it at the polls.

The simple answer is to draft a constitutional amendment to make it illegal.  Have it ratified by the states and it will truly be outlawed.  Except the pro-lifers don't have the necessary votes.... so it should just be left alone.

The simple answer is to let each state make their decision...murder is after all a state decision.

37 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Romans 13?

I figured you would go there.

read verse 1 and 4 carefully

and There are plenty of examples in scripture when individuals disobeyed govt to not go against GOD.

You may wanna read/study more before you start picking and choosing scripture to justify a law that is directly against God.

you actually believe God is giving a thumbs up to the killing of an innocent baby? “Y’all doing great down there following the laws of the land....keep killing those babies”