WOS Looking for a New Coach

13 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

And then proceeds to in every other post after his first one speak solely about "head coaches" and their various races.  NOTHING about the kids.  In fact, he appears to have abandoned that argument entirely.  

He is strictly thinking about colors....and they aren't silver and blue.

He didn’t start that. Someone else did. And a couple other agitators jumped on the thread to keep it going 

1 hour ago, Setx fan said:

He didn’t start that. Someone else did. And a couple other agitators jumped on the thread to keep it going 

If I am tagged with a label that I don't agree with, I set out to deny it and disprove it, not prove it.

7 hours ago, Setx fan said:

Remember what? 

I remember that the posts in this thread are the first posts that @Trufan has posted in this forum in over 5 years (5/16/2015).  Six years older than the two "agitators" the you branded posted in this forum ( @2wedge in May of this year; @SmashMouth in February).

I do remember that the ax that trufan has to grind with Cornel Thompson has been carried by him for a long time. And that everybody who dared to disagree with him was dismissed as having a blind allegiance to Coach Thompson (much like he did here). And which I am sure that at some point soon I will be accused of.  

I do remember that any issue with a Mustang African-American player he took the side of the player, any issue with a white player he cast doubt on.....heck he even panned Jack Dallas.

So I remember that he has an issue with Cornel Thompson. 

Is it racial? I do know of a faction, small but loud, who opposed Cornel Thompson's hiring simply due to the fact that he was a white man.  I do know that he tried to infer that there was racism within the WO-C ISD athletic department.  Mind you, this is a district in which the superintendent of schools is African-American, the president of the school board is African-American, the African-American members of the school board outnumber the whites on the school board 5-2. The principal at West Orange-Stark is African-American.  Yet, none of them have registered this complaint....and with the current state of media, you know we would know about it if they did!  I do know that the "about the kids" has been abandoned in favor lamenting that "blacks can only get jobs in Beaumont, Port Arthur or Orange" talking about "head coaches"......not basketball head coaches, as his attribution of color would be wrong, not ADs as the number of ADs would be wrong, but a ratio that EXACTLY matches the racial makeup of HEAD FOOTBALL COACHES in this area.

So, yeah, I think it is entirely reasonable to infer his posts have nothing to do with other sports and that has a lot to do with the fact that a white coach is head football coach at West Orange-Stark.

47 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I remember that the posts in this thread are the first posts that @Trufan has posted in this forum in over 5 years (5/16/2015).  Six years older than the two "agitators" the you branded posted in this forum ( @2wedge in May of this year; @SmashMouth in February).

I do remember that the ax that trufan has to grind with Cornel Thompson has been carried by him for a long time. And that everybody who dared to disagree with him was dismissed as having a blind allegiance to Coach Thompson (much like he did here). And which I am sure that at some point soon I will be accused of.  

I do remember that any issue with a Mustang African-American player he took the side of the player, any issue with a white player he cast doubt on.....heck he even panned Jack Dallas.

Is it racial? I do know of a faction, small but loud, who opposed Cornel Thompson's hiring simply due to the fact that he was a white man.  I do know that he tried to infer that there was racism within the WO-C ISD athletic department.  Mind you, this is a district in which the superintendent of schools in African-American, the president of the school board in African-American, the African-American members of the school board outnumber the whites on the school board 5-2. The principal at West Orange-Stark in African-American.  Yet, none of them have registered this complaint....and with the current state of media, you know we would know about it if they did!  I do know that the "about the kids" has been abandoned in favor lamenting that "blacks can only get jobs in Beaumont, Port Arthur or Orange" talking about "head coaches"......not basketball head coaches, as his attribution of color would be wrong, not ADs as the number of ADs would be wrong, but a ratio that EXACTLY matches the racial makeup of HEAD FOOTBALL COACHES in this area.

So, yeah, I think it is entirely reasonable to infer his posts have nothing to do with other sports and that has a lot to do with the fact that a white coach is head football coach at West Orange-Stark.

There you go throwing around facts again… Lol. That, my friend, was a well thought out and cogent argument. If I didn’t know better, I would have thought I had written it. 😎

3 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

1. I remember that the posts in this thread are the first posts that @Trufan has posted in this forum in over 5 years (5/16/2015).  Six years older than the two "agitators" the you branded posted in this forum ( @2wedge in May of this year; @SmashMouth in February).

2.  I do remember that the ax that trufan has to grind with Cornel Thompson has been carried by him for a long time. And that everybody who dared to disagree with him was dismissed as having a blind allegiance to Coach Thompson (much like he did here). And which I am sure that at some point soon I will be accused of.  

3. I do remember that any issue with a Mustang African-American player he took the side of the player, any issue with a white player he cast doubt on.....heck he even panned Jack Dallas.

4. Is it racial? I do know of a faction, small but loud, who opposed Cornel Thompson's hiring simply due to the fact that he was a white man.  5.I do know that he tried to infer that there was racism within the WO-C ISD athletic department.  Mind you, this is a district in which the superintendent of schools is African-American, the president of the school board is African-American, the African-American members of the school board outnumber the whites on the school board 5-2. The principal at West Orange-Stark is African-American.  Yet, none of them have registered this complaint....and with the current state of media, you know we would know about it if they did!  I do know that the "about the kids" has been abandoned in favor lamenting that "blacks can only get jobs in Beaumont, Port Arthur or Orange" talking about "head coaches"......not basketball head coaches, as his attribution of color would be wrong, not ADs as the number of ADs would be wrong, but a ratio that EXACTLY matches the racial makeup of HEAD FOOTBALL COACHES in this area.

1. Yea those 2 are always on this forum talking a whole lot of basketball......LOL

2. I was thinking you were probably defending Coach Thompson because he’s a good friend of yours too. If that’s the case there’s nothing wrong with that. 

3. if there are plenty instances where your statement here stands true you may have a point. I’m probably not going through all his old posts to figure it out though. 

4. The “small faction” has nothing to do with his post on this thread. 

5. Not saying I believe his “racism allegations” are true but the majority of the school board and super being black doesn’t completely make it impossible for racism within the athletic department to be an issue. If someone has the right friends in the right places or they have some dirt on someone or something like that you never know what they could get away with. 

4 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

There you go throwing around facts again… Lol. That, my friend, was a well thought out and cogent argument. If I didn’t know better, I would have thought I had written it. 😎

Lol. No that’s was just a long “I love my friend speech”. I made my point. Nothing you said disproves anything I said. 🤷🏿‍♂️

5 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Is it racial? I do know of a faction, small but loud, who opposed Cornel Thompson's hiring simply due to the fact that he was a white man.  I do know that he tried to infer that there was racism within the WO-C ISD athletic department.  Mind you, this is a district in which the superintendent of schools is African-American, the president of the school board is African-American, the African-American members of the school board outnumber the whites on the school board 5-2. The principal at West Orange-Stark is African-American.  Yet, none of them have registered this complaint....and with the current state of media, you know we would know about it if they did!  I do know that the "about the kids" has been abandoned in favor lamenting that "blacks can only get jobs in Beaumont, Port Arthur or Orange" talking about "head coaches"......not basketball head coaches, as his attribution of color would be wrong, not ADs as the number of ADs would be wrong, but a ratio that EXACTLY matches the racial makeup of HEAD FOOTBALL COACHES in this area.

Lol. A long winded  Bla bla bla. I stand by what I said. When hooks retired Thompson was supposed to get the job because at the time he was the best fit. We wanted to keep the program going. Anyone who knows him knows that he is a good defensive coach. But that does not mean you can run  a program as an athletic director. He DOES NOT possess the administrative and people skills to be successful. I believe that anyone can grow into a job but I don’t believe Thompson is willing to put in the work for anything other than football. That’s why ALL the athletic programs except football are FAILING. Now. Y’all can come at me with all the personal crap you want but business is business. As an athlete director dude is a failure. Prove me wrong. 

15 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

I had to read this long fest a few times to see all the bs. This has all the markings of the people who do questionably racist **** but cover it by saying “I’m not racist because I have black friends”. Sooooooo if I use your logic I can’t be racist either because I have white friends. 

5 hours ago, Trufan said:

I had to read this long assed ass kissing fest a few times to see all the bs. This has all the markings of the people who do questionably racist shit but cover it by saying “I’m not racist because I have black friends”. Sooooooo if I use your logic I can’t be racist either because I have white friends. 

What “markings”?

Your new name is Truracist

On 7/6/2021 at 10:33 PM, Trufan said:

Lol. Wow. Now I’m the racist. Lol. Let’s look at the facts of south East Texas coaching. FACT. White males can get a job at ANY school in south east TX. FACT For the most part black male coaches can only get coaching gigs in Beaumont west brook/United  Port Arthur and Orange. (Predominantly black schools). 3 of the 4 black schools had white head coaches. how many (total) black coaches are there combined work in Lcm, Bridge City, Orangefield, Vidor, Deweyville, Newton, Jasper, hardinJefferson, Hampshire Fannett, East Chambers, port Neches, Nederland, silsbee and Evadale? In ALL of these schools the coaching staff matched the student population. 

Where did I call you a racist? If you want to make that accusation, you better dang well have something to back it up. 

10 hours ago, Trufan said:

I had to read this long fest a few times to see all the bs. This has all the markings of the people who do questionably racist **** but cover it by saying “I’m not racist because I have black friends”. Sooooooo if I use your logic I can’t be racist either because I have white friends. 

When someone reaches for the race card, you know they have run out of intelligent arguments to make supporting their point. 

8 hours ago, 2wedge said:

When someone reaches for the race card, you know they have run out of intelligent arguments to make supporting their point. 

Lol. Old argument. Stop putting the race card in the deck. 🤷🏿‍♂️Y’all are clowns. With no real argument, just mindless support of your friends. 

27 minutes ago, Trufan said:

Lol. Just like an arrogant racist. Always wanting to change black folks names. 🤦🏿‍♂️

First, you never said you were black. Second, I guess that means you can’t explain your “markings” comment with examples. Third, what wide examples of an arrogant racist changing black folks names in the 21st Century do you have?

15 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

First, you never said you were black. Second, I guess that means you can’t explain your “markings” comment with examples. Third, what wide examples of an arrogant racist changing black folks names in the 21st Century do you have?

Naa you have no control here.  ipick and choose when I want to respond. 

On 6/25/2021 at 9:50 PM, Trufan said:

It’s past time to address the elephant in the room. It’s time for the athletic director at WOS to step down. The athletic program is struggling. Not from lack of athletes but lack of consistent coaching. There is a TOXIC atmosphere that pushes good coaches away. We are short coaches at  the varsity, junior varsity, freshman, 8 grade and 7th grade. This is true for boys and girls sports. Player numbers are dwindling. This is a sign of poor management and would not be tolerated anywhere else. 

Every basketball coach that has stayed at WO-S for longer than fifteen minutes has been successful.  McCarter went to state, Wilkins went to regional tournament, and Hancock was successful too.  All under basically the same regime as the last couple of coaches.  They also all coached football, unlike the last coach and the new coach.  Every school has issues and problems to work through.  The best coaches figure out ways to resolve those problems instead of bouncing.

Congrats and good luck to the new coach.  Can we stop calling each other racist now?

7 hours ago, The Dragon said:

Every basketball coach that has stayed at WO-S for longer than fifteen minutes has been successful.  McCarter went to state, Wilkins went to regional tournament, and Hancock was successful too.  All under basically the same regime as the last couple of coaches.  They also all coached football, unlike the last coach and the new coach.  Every school has issues and problems to work through.  The best coaches figure out ways to resolve those problems instead of bouncing.

Congrats and good luck to the new coach.  Can we stop calling each other racist now?

If you stop calling a racist a racist does he stop being one?