WOS Looking for a New Coach

On 6/26/2021 at 7:20 PM, Trufan said:

Yes I agree that administration staff teachers and coaches should reflect the student population in a minority school. I also believe that 100% of those hires should be totally qualified and the tops in their field.

You’re silly. Why only in minority schools? Sounds a little racist to me. I don’t care what race my son’s coach or teacher is. As long as they do a good job and care about his well being.Β 

On 6/26/2021 at 7:20 PM, Trufan said:

Yes I agree that administration staff teachers and coaches should reflect the student population in a minority school. I also believe that 100% of those hires should be totally qualified and the tops in their field. I want the best for our kids. The problem is to some non minority folks there are NO minorities that meet their standards. But at the same time they will lower the standards for non minorities. As far as minorities coming to the wos coaching staff. The word is out. β€œCome to wos at your own risk”. β€œYou will not be treated fairly” 

Does this statement also apply to all schools or just to minority schools? Are we proposing different rules for different districts? Seems like a slippery slope.Β 

3 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Does this statement also apply to all schools or just to minority schools? Are we proposing different rules for different districts? Seems like a slippery slope.Β 

No, he thinks it only applies to certain minority schools. @TrufanΒ should be changing his screen name to @Truracist.Β 
Β 

6 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

No, he thinks it only applies to certain minority schools. @TrufanΒ should be changing his screen name to @Truracist.Β 
Β 

Lol. Wow. Now I’m the racist. Lol. Let’s look at the facts of south East Texas coaching. FACT.Β White males can get a job at ANY school in south east TX. FACT For the most part black male coachesΒ can only get coaching gigs in Beaumont west brook/UnitedΒ Β Port Arthur and Orange. (Predominantly black schools). 3 of the 4 black schools had white head coaches.Β how manyΒ (total) black coaches are there combined work in Lcm, Bridge City, Orangefield, Vidor, Deweyville, Newton, Jasper, hardinJefferson, Hampshire Fannett, East Chambers, port Neches, Nederland, silsbee and Evadale? In ALL of these schools the coaching staff matched the student population.Β 

Β 

If I were you I would let this go because if you want to talk about racism I can go all day with cold hard facts. Lol. And not things others told me. Straight facts about my dealingsΒ Β with current coaches and athletic directors in this area.Β 

10 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Lol. Wow. Now I’m the racist. Lol. Let’s look at the facts of south East Texas coaching. FACT.Β White males can get a job at ANY school in south east TX. FACT For the most part black male coachesΒ can only get coaching gigs in Beaumont west brook/UnitedΒ Β Port Arthur and Orange. (Predominantly black schools). 3 of the 4 black schools had white head coaches.Β how manyΒ (total) black coaches are there combined work in Lcm, Bridge City, Orangefield, Vidor, Deweyville, Newton, Jasper, hardinJefferson, Hampshire Fannett, East Chambers, port Neches, Nederland, silsbee and Evadale? In ALL of these schools the coaching staff matched the student population.Β 

17 minutes ago, Trufan said:

If I were you I would let this go because if you want to talk about racism I can go all day with cold hard facts. Lol. And not things others told me. Straight facts about my dealingsΒ Β with current coaches and athletic directors in this area.Β 

I believe what you call facts are what most call opinions. And, yes, you sound like a racist.Β 

24 minutes ago, Trufan said:

So would you be ok with black coaches only having 13.4 % of the head coaching jobs?

40 minutes ago, Trufan said:

Good point. Question though: When was the last time WOS had a black AD?Β 

1 hour ago, Trufan said:

Yall may not like it but the posterΒ kinda has a point about some of the schools they named here, certainly not all of them.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

10 hours ago, Trufan said:

3 out of 4 "black" schools had black coaches? Let's see, West Brook had Andre Boutte (black), United had David Green (black), Port Arthur Memorial had Alden Lewis (black).Β  Only WO-S had a white coach in D.J. Wilson.Β  And that will change to 4 of 4 in '21-22 with Chris Castille taking over.Β Β Β 

Of your second list, at least 3 of those schools: Newton (Jeff Parks), Hamshire-Fannett (Tigee Rideaux) and Silsbee (Joe Sigler) had black head coaches.Β 

8 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

3 out of 4 "black" schools had black coaches? Let's see, West Brook had Andre Boutte (black), United had David Green (black), Port Arthur Memorial had Alden Lewis (black).Β  Only WO-S had a white coach in D.J. Wilson.Β  And that will change to 4 of 4 in '21-22 with Chris Castille taking over.Β Β Β 

Of your second list, at least 3 of those schools: Newton (Jeff Parks), Hamshire-Fannett (Tigee Rideaux) and Silsbee (Joe Sigler) had black head coaches.Β 

Why are you trying to answer his FACTS with actual facts?

Why are you trying to answer his FACTS with actual facts?

I figured that if he wanted to have a discussion about facts, we needed actual facts, not narratives wrapped up as "facts."

He also "conveniently left out the fact of Kountze (72.8% white) has a black head coach AND AD in Duane Joubert and Kirbyville (79.9%Β white) has a black head coach in Travis Williams.

On 6/29/2021 at 8:03 PM, Jack of All Trades said:

Welcome to Mustang Country Coach Castille excited to see what you’re going to do. Β Boys are ready to go and get the gym open. Β We have a lot of all basketball boys hopefully Coach doesn’t have to Coach football and can stay in the gym like Wilson did.

What's nephew say about the new coach? HeΒ got the gym open yet?

10 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

I think he might have meant to say the ADs of those schools since the AD of WOS is kind of what was being discussed in the first place. You have the facts on who the ADs of those schools are?Β 

1 minute ago, Setx fan said:

I think he might have meant to say the ADs of those schools since the AD of WOS is kind of what was being discussed in the first place.Β 

Oh my, I guess that is my mistake for thinking discussion about "head coaches" in the BASKETBALLΒ forum would be regarding BASKETBALL head coaches.Β 

I would also be confused in thatΒ he mentions "4" "black" schools (although I thought the idea of segregated schools was barred by federal court order back in 1971)Β because if he is taking about AD'sΒ it would only be 3 as West Brook and United are under 1 AD at BISD.Β  By mentioning 4 schools and their "head coaches", he wouldn't be talking about FOOTBALL head coaches would he? Which would again beg AAW's question as to why this post was not made in the football forum.Β 

For someone who was coming armed with the facts, he ain't doin' so hot.

29 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Oh my, I guess that is my mistake for thinking discussion about "head coaches" in the BASKETBALLΒ forum would be regarding BASKETBALL head coaches.Β 

I would also be confused in thatΒ he mentions "4" "black" schools (although I thought the idea of segregated schools was barred by federal court order back in 1971)Β because if he is taking about AD'sΒ it would only be 3 as West Brook and United are under 1 AD at BISD.Β  By mentioning 4 schools and their "head coaches", he wouldn't be talking about FOOTBALL head coaches would he? Which would again beg AAW's question as to why this post was not made in the football forum.Β 

For someone who was coming armed with the facts, he ain't doin' so hot.

Regardless of his accuracy on the details he made a good point. And he was originally being critical of WOS AD because he didn’t believe the success of the basketball team was a priority. I personally don’t have anΒ opinion on that because I’m an outsider and have no idea what’s going on with that. Then someone brought up the race issue and how another poster on a totally different forum wanted a black AD. He said he understood that sentiment but his main priority would be to hire a quality coach. Then 2 more posters jumped on the thread (one of them who I never see on the basketball forum and the other rarely/ neither of them was a WOS guy) and started calling him racist. Which is when he made his point although the details aren’t completely accurate. I’m sure if someone was to dig up the complete details they’d have to agree he made a good point.Β 

16 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Regardless of his accuracy on the details he made a good point. And he was originally being critical of WOS AD because he didn’t believe the success of the basketball team was a priority. I personally don’t have anΒ opinion on that because I’m an outsider and have no idea what’s going on with that. Then someone brought up the race issue and how another poster on a totally different forum wanted a black AD. He said he understood that sentiment but his main priority would be to hire a quality coach. Then 2 more posters jumped on the thread (one of them who I never see on the basketball forum and the other rarely/ neither of them was a WOS guy) and started calling him racist. Which is when he made his point although the details aren’t completely accurate. I’m sure if someone was to dig up the complete details they’d have to agree he made a good point.Β 

And then proceeds to in every other post after his first one speak solely about "head coaches" and their various races.Β  NOTHING about the kids.Β  In fact, he appears to have abandoned that argument entirely.Β Β 

He is strictly thinking about colors....and they aren't silver and blue.