CARL ABSECK NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT BARBERS HILL

17 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

before Surratt got there Carthage made the finals once losing to A&M Consolidated in 1991 before that they made the State Semifinals just once in program history losing to Lubbock Estacado in the 1983 Semifinals. For those who have never seen Carthage in person play for a state title it's a little difficult to describe other than to say Carthage is on a whole different level than the team they are playing. There's a reason why Coach Surratt is undefeated in State Championship games and the Television just doesn't do it justice.

You are right.  It took the right coach to come in and make that happen.  Same thing at Aledo.  There aren’t that many elite coaches around.  If it was easy, then every head coach would have a dozen or more State Titles.  The fact of the matter is is that it’s hard. And it’s not a “one trick pony” situation.  But the nucleus of any sustained championship team is the head coach!

4 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I know they can. Some of the people at work showed them with hair touching their shoulders, makes you wonder why they only chose to enforce the rule with one particular kid though? High standards don't have anything to do with hair, see the greatest theoretical physicist of the last century Albert Einstein. Nor do high academic standards have anything to do with where you live. 

Those ritzy Austin school districts don't have those rules limiting expression and would roll over BH academically. I view at as teaching exclusion is OK. Doesn't matter to me either way though. I would never move to BH and my son has dreads so he's going to have to continue kicking BH's arse in his Crosby uniform. 

Again your making up BS and trying to paint BH as something it’s not. Do us all a favor and go be racist somewhere else. Albert Einstein WTF😂

8 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Nothing to expand on, really. The hire looks clinically perfect, BH perhaps found the best candidate, period. Love the outsider element of it. Seems nothing influenced any decision except for the inherent merits of the candidate. Sorry, I didn't mean to imply anything or make waves, that was not my intent. Just impressed with the hire, thats all. Good luck BH!

No biggy, I was just curious if there was something I didn’t hear.👍

5 hours ago, Reagan said:

Did Carthage have any State titles before Surratt got there?  How many since?  So, what changed?

I don’t if anyone around has spent any time around Carthage or Carthage high school, but compare BH football athletes to Carthage is comical. No doubt Surratt is a good coach, but every time I’ve been around a Carthage practice, they have a boat load of talent on the field.

5 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I know they can. Some of the people at work showed them with hair touching their shoulders, makes you wonder why they only chose to enforce the rule with one particular kid though? High standards don't have anything to do with hair, see the greatest theoretical physicist of the last century Albert Einstein. Nor do high academic standards have anything to do with where you live. 

Those ritzy Austin school districts don't have those rules limiting expression and would roll over BH academically. I view at as teaching exclusion is OK. Doesn't matter to me either way though. I would never move to BH and my son has dreads so he's going to have to continue kicking BH's arse in his Crosby uniform. 

How many kids you got? You’ve said the same thing for like 7 years?😂

39 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I don’t if anyone around has spent any time around Carthage or Carthage high school, but compare BH football athletes to Carthage is comical. No doubt Surratt is a good coach, but every time I’ve been around a Carthage practice, they have a boat load of talent on the field.

Did the talent just show up when Surratt arrived?  

10 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

How many kids you got? You’ve said the same thing for like 7 years?😂

Lol, 5 with 4 of them being boys. Oldest son graduated in '18, two middle ones will be a sophomore and a 7th grader next year. Also have a freakish nephew who just moved back from Las Vegas I kind of help raise that will be an 8th grader next year. Lots of football for me the near future. 

10 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Again your making up BS and trying to paint BH as something it’s not. Do us all a favor and go be racist somewhere else. Albert Einstein WTF😂

The very last thing I would do is get on here and make something up. That's why even though a bunch of people find me abrasive on this site I have half the post you do and twice the reputation. Don't get butt hurt bro, it is what it is. Matter of fact, you asked where I was and YOU revisited the hair thing. Just giving you what you're asking for. And by the way, with your lexicon you're the absolute last one who should be talking about BH academics. 

BTW I  don't like talking race however BH and their issue with dreadlocks is most definitely a deterrent. Especially with it being  the most popular  hair style for black children. All kids like to express themselves  as long as it doesn't come from a negative place it should be at least considered. I look at SLC and the long bleach blond hair that they sported on their state run as an example. You could say that BH cares more about building character than winning  football games but I'll call BS for one you can do both for two you don't hire TW and Asbek if you not trying to win a state title. 

1 hour ago, MrFleet23 said:

BTW I  don't like talking race however BH and their issue with dreadlocks is most definitely a deterrent. Especially with it being  the most popular  hair style for black children. All kids like to express themselves  as long as it doesn't come from a negative place it should be at least considered. I look at SLC and the long bleach blond hair that they sported on their state run as an example. You could say that BH cares more about building character than winning  football games but I'll call BS for one you can do both for two you don't hire TW and Asbek if you not trying to win a state title. 

BH doesn’t have a rule for dreadlocks. However that is all the race baiters report on. Their rule is against long hair, there are many hairstyles other than dreadlocks that fall in that category.

3 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

I could care less about hairstyles honestly, but I grew up in Beaumont. I'm sure some traditional people around here care, but it doesn't bother me. Anyways, folks need to realize that you can't paint a broad brush on a whole community or profession, or race. That last one being the most important.

4 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Hey serious question: when was the last time BH beat Crosby on the gridiron?

2018 they won 49-30 and 2019 they won 28-7. They’re 2-8 vs Crosby the last decade including the 34-7 parting gift for TW last year. As long as we’re healthy and financially stable I expect similar beatings in the near future with what Crosby has coming through the pipe. 

Crosby is going to be bumping right up against the 5A-D2 cutoff line and will for sure be there in 2024, and the kids are starting to look like it. 

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

BH doesn’t have a rule for dreadlocks. However that is all the race baiters report on. Their rule is against long hair, there are many hairstyles other than dreadlocks that fall in that category.

Meaning Reggie Branch(over 3,300 total yards) 1st team all-state, Deniquez Dunn(2,740 total yards) and Jaylen Herman(1,286 receiving yards) would’ve all been ineligible to play at BH last year since their hair touches their shoulders. And you wonder why TW left, imagine what he could’ve done with kids like those? 

54 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

2018 they won 49-30 and 2019 they won 28-7. They’re 2-8 vs Crosby the last decade including the 34-7 parting gift for TW last year. As long as we’re healthy and financially stable I expect similar beatings in the near future with what Crosby has coming through the pipe. 

Crosby is going to be bumping right up against the 5A-D2 cutoff line and will for sure be there in 2024, and the kids are starting to look like it. 

Thx. 

48 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Meaning Reggie Branch(over 3,300 total yards) 1st team all-state, Deniquez Dunn(2,740 total yards) and Jaylen Herman(1,286 receiving yards) would’ve all been ineligible to play at BH last year since their hair touches their shoulders. And you wonder why TW left, imagine what he could’ve done with kids like those? 

Aren't those the Baytown boys? 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I like it better saying we’re 2 and 1 over the last 3 years and it took the stars to align for Crosby’s one and only team to ever get to state to beat us👍

20 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Aren't those the Baytown boys? 

Branch is, transferred from GCM his sophomore year. Donta Allen transferred from GCM in 2014 and was our bellow running back until he got hurt the last game of the season against CE King. GCM currently has a good TE I wish would come over. Seem to have a pretty high hit rate on the GCCISD kids, makes you wonder how good Baytown could be if they went back to two schools?