CARL ABSECK NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT BARBERS HILL

58 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Is Carl Abseck coming to the hill…? 

"Austin area" almost makes you feel it's Abseck for sure since based on the two previous coaching hires the other two possible candidates actually work IN the Austin city limits. Probably reading way too much into the wording though? I highly doubt they go with the curveball in this situation but Liberty Hill is also in the Austin area. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Well after what I just got told im interested in seeing if "he" can roll in some transfer athletes, cause I sure thought Westy would do it but it didn't happen. We shall see I guess. 

I agree with Uncle Pig up above......for now. 

I think BH is chasing the SLC, LT, HP, Westlake and to an extent Prosper models but the money there is just on a different level. Not to mention a place like SLC has former Dallas Cowboy kids playing for them on a regular basis to go along with the finances. 

BH's growth may hurt more than help in the near future with them being pushed to 6A probably even before Crosby. Deep Park has 4,000 kids, all the things you would need to be successful on the field and has had decent coaches but still can't seem to find their way. DP is almost a mirror image of BH in terms of demographics and is located in a not good, but great area for the purposes of talent acquisition but have still seemed to struggle to upgrade their personnel?

I think they're going to have to do it the old fashioned way with hard work, good coaching and pretty much homegrown talent. BH would greatly benefit from some of the transfers in that NE quadrant of the beltway but for whatever reason they just don't come.

*For reference, BH High is the closest district school to Crosby High by distance. However, Crosby High is closer to North Shore, CE King, Channelview, Atascocita, Summer Creek and all three Baytown high schools.  

2 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think BH is chasing the SLC, LT, HP, Westlake and to an extent Prosper models but the money there is just on a different level. Not to mention a place like SLC has former Dallas Cowboy kids playing for them on a regular basis to go along with the finances. 

BH's growth may hurt more than help in the near future with them being pushed to 6A probably even before Crosby. Deep Park has 4,000 kids, all the things you would need to be successful on the field and has had decent coaches but still can't seem to find their way. DP is almost a mirror image of BH in terms of demographics and is located in a not good, but great area for the purposes of talent acquisition but have still seemed to struggle to upgrade their personnel?

I think they're going to have to do it the old fashioned way with hard work, good coaching and pretty much homegrown talent. BH would greatly benefit from some of the transfers in that NE quadrant of the beltway but for whatever reason they just don't come.

*For reference, BH High is the closest district school to Crosby High by distance. However, Crosby High is closer to North Shore, CE King, Channelview, Atascocita, Summer Creek and all three Baytown high schools.  

It would've helped if BH won consistently in the lower levels like the SLC's of the world to help attract athletes but just East Goose Creek from a football perspective.  And with Sheldon ISD building the latest school/stadium, I don't see BH siphoning kids from north of 90......

I think there was agreement by most of the Cen-Tex pundits that this past season Cedar Park had their best team in school history. They ended up playing the best 4A/5A team I can ever remember seeing for the state title and of course got run out of the stadium but look at the personnel, especially in the trenches, that Abseck was working with. CP used to be the 5A version of Katy in terms of play-style but under Abseck they opened up the offense and look more like the recently Dodge coached Westlake teams: 

58 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Couldn’t have said it any better… pinpoint exactly what is going on.

• WOSgrad changed the title to CARL ABSECK NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT BARBERS HILL
2 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

The more I look at Abseck, the more impressed I am. Also want to say great job by BH for reaching to the outside to find a great candidate, and not making a good old boy, nepotism type hire. With all the growth in place, I think the Eagles can do very well in the years ahead.     

Not making a Good ol’ boy, nepotism type hire? Please expound on your statement. I’m curious on why that’s brought up?

26 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Not making a Good ol’ boy, nepotism type hire? Please expound on your statement. I’m curious on why that’s brought up?

Nothing to expand on, really. The hire looks clinically perfect, BH perhaps found the best candidate, period. Love the outsider element of it. Seems nothing influenced any decision except for the inherent merits of the candidate. Sorry, I didn't mean to imply anything or make waves, that was not my intent. Just impressed with the hire, thats all. Good luck BH!

29 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

The quite by the SETX alumni on this big hire speaks volumes😂

Probably cause ppl have seen BH hire a guy with a state championship resume` (Gage and Westy being the last 2 hires) and not turn it into something. We'll see if 3rd time is the charm with this one. 

I wish him luck! 😎

29 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Probably cause ppl have seen BH hire a guy with a state championship resume` (Gage and Westy being the last 2 hires) and not turn it into something. We'll see if 3rd time is the charm with this one. 

I wish him luck! 😎

I’ll get you a BH hat just incase.

Anywho I’m just wondering though 14.2’s mass organization of friends in football are the future pro athletes still leaving BH for Crosby? I wonder if this Coach will allow long hair and apartments to be built in hopes of a state championship, because lord knows these are prerequisites to being successful 😎

23 hours ago, Reagan said:

With all due respect, I’m sure some were saying the same thing about Carthage at one time.  Now you see what happened when the right coach is hired?!

Check out Carthage’s record before Surratt got hired. They had some great seasons. They also have a great mix of black and white kids, which is vital to winning in the Houston area. 

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

The quite by the SETX alumni on this big hire speaks volumes😂

The last two coaches showed up six rings between them and outside of TW getting to the third round once, they haven't really been able to do anything with BH's personnel. Abseck is showing up with only one ring and a very good argument can be made that the team he took over in 2015 when he won his title was built by Joe Willis who left for Colleyville Heritage after CP's 2014 loss in the title game to Ennis. 

No doubt had BH not hired TW previously the chatter would've been just like it was when he made the jump. I think the "alumni" are just seeing more rinse and repeat from BH so it's not as big a deal as it once was. If TW with all of his clout and connections couldn't get it done then I don't think many are expecting much more from Abseck. Great hire by BH, just like TW was but the underlying issue is that whoever BH hires can still only work with what he's been given. CP only has about 250 more kids than BH but there's a drastic difference in talent Abseck is going to have to prove he can overcome. 

38 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

I’ll get you a BH hat just incase.

Anywho I’m just wondering though 14.2’s mass organization of friends in football are the future pro athletes still leaving BH for Crosby? I wonder if this Coach will allow long hair and apartments to be built in hopes of a state championship, because lord knows these are prerequisites to being successful 😎

I can't remember a kid from BH ever transferring to Crosby? If he did he didn't play. I remember the Colliers transferring to BH and they were the best players in in their respective sports in BH history. I may be missing a football guy from the 60s or 70s though? I did say TW had some kids lined up that went elsewhere or decided not to come, including one to Crosby. Kids may have not been able to play at their other schools and that was the reason they were coming to BH though? 

I doubt he'll have the hair issue because there just aren't that many black kids that even go to BH. The kid that got singled out was probably only one of less than 10 in his entire grade? I haven't seen a lower income apartment in Highland Park either and it doesn't seem to be an issue with them. 

Your sentiment permeates the BH psyche though. I was talking to one of my BH coworkers and he agreed with you, "We don't need that riff-raff with long hair walking around our hallways and we don't need that trash from some apartment complex. It's why we moved to BH to get away from all of that." So point taken. 

Speaking of psyche. No one mentioned anything about race. Believe it or not white kids can grow hair too😎. You’re co-worker is a smart person, I would much rather have my kids attend a school district that puts their kids to high standards than just let them do what they want. 

2 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

Check out Carthage’s record before Surratt got hired. They had some great seasons. They also have a great mix of black and white kids, which is vital to winning in the Houston area. 

Did Carthage have any State titles before Surratt got there?  How many since?  So, what changed?

10 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Did Carthage have any State titles before Surratt got there?  How many since?  So, what changed?

before Surratt got there Carthage made the finals once losing to A&M Consolidated in 1991 before that they made the State Semifinals just once in program history losing to Lubbock Estacado in the 1983 Semifinals. For those who have never seen Carthage in person play for a state title it's a little difficult to describe other than to say Carthage is on a whole different level than the team they are playing. There's a reason why Coach Surratt is undefeated in State Championship games and the Television just doesn't do it justice.

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

Speaking of psyche. No one mentioned anything about race. Believe it or not white kids can grow hair too😎. You’re co-worker is a smart person, I would much rather have my kids attend a school district that puts their kids to high standards than just let them do what they want. 

I know they can. Some of the people at work showed them with hair touching their shoulders, makes you wonder why they only chose to enforce the rule with one particular kid though? High standards don't have anything to do with hair, see the greatest theoretical physicist of the last century Albert Einstein. Nor do high academic standards have anything to do with where you live. 

Those ritzy Austin school districts don't have those rules limiting expression and would roll over BH academically. I view at as teaching exclusion is OK. Doesn't matter to me either way though. I would never move to BH and my son has dreads so he's going to have to continue kicking BH's arse in his Crosby uniform.