CARL ABSECK NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT BARBERS HILL

On 5/29/2021 at 10:55 PM, Go-rilla said:

Tom did a great job at BH. Got them to the 3rd round with 1 D1 Player. 

Today almost everyone makes the playoffs. Any decent team ought to win a first round game in their sleep. Its that easy. First round opponents are usually pushovers. In the last five years BH has had one 2nd round win. One. Two years of TW's five, they missed the playoffs entirely. Its that the goal if you hire supposedly the most elite coach in the state? 

Who said "Metroplex HS Football and southeast Texas football are similar" anyway? I never hear that at all.  

3 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Today almost everyone makes the playoffs. Any decent team ought to win a first round game in their sleep. Its that easy. First round opponents are usually pushovers. In the last five years BH has had one 2nd round win. One. Two years of TW's five, they missed the playoffs entirely. Its that the goal if you hire supposedly the most elite coach in the state? 

Who said "Metroplex HS Football and southeast Texas football are similar" anyway? I never hear that at all.  

Not saying you're wrong at all, but man in D1 10-5A is a beast with whatever 4 makes the playoffs. 

On 5/29/2021 at 4:15 PM, TradenupBH said:

We’re building a new two story intermediate school behind HS baseball field, a new intermediate school off of 565, and a new admin building that is the replica of the original high school on Eagle drive. No talk of a second high school.

That’s not an intermediate school next to the baseball field. It’s going to be a freshman campus. Kids will start there in fall of 22

On 5/29/2021 at 10:55 PM, Go-rilla said:

People that think Metroplex HS Football and southeast Texas football are similar are crazy. Facilities, communities, and populations have nothing in common. Tom did a great job at BH. Got them to the 3rd round with 1 D1 Player. Gage did a good job at BH. If you are looking for metroplex guys to replicate what they do up there your going to be disappointed. BH facilities are average in the metroplex. BH players are below average for the metroplex. Their community is average in the metroplex. You dont believe me?? Fill your car up with gas and go drive around Prosper, Allen, Lovejoy, Frisco, Coppell, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, highland park and tell me they are similar. 

I don't think many people think they're similar.  That said, if you bring in an "elite" Metroplex coach, isn't it reasonable to expect him to take his SETX talent and be one of the top SETX teams?  You have to go a LONG way in the playoffs to run into those metroplex programs you're talking about.  

4 hours ago, bljnhjs19 said:

That’s not an intermediate school next to the baseball field. It’s going to be a freshman campus. Kids will start there in fall of 22

Wrong, it’s intermediate. There’s literally a sign in front of it.

This is the hidden content, please

Go to last picture to show Intermediate North, located behind the baseball field. They haven’t broke ground on a 9th grade center.

On 6/1/2021 at 3:14 PM, Uncle Pig said:

BH doesn’t have that kinda clout. HP on a whole other level when it comes to stuff like that 

Lol, Highland Park is what it would look like if River Oaks had it's own high school. Riding through the Highland Park/University Park areas the first thing I noticed was the amount of Range Rovers per capita and secondly that the average home price is probably $3M which meant we needed to find HWY 75 and head back south to Oak Cliff. A football obsessed community with J.R Ewing as one of your neighbors is a pretty good recipe for the decades of success HP has had. 

4 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

If the name I'm hearing is the guy getting it...heads will definitely be turned hearing we may hear something tomorrow

After hiring TW away from Allen I don't think it will be a shocker even if they land Surratt. The two guys that would turn heads for me, albeit for different reasons, are Jeff Riordan and Hank Carter. Riordan because of previous ties and Carter because it would mean BH probably went to the $175k range to land him, although it may make sense for Carter to take a raise move to a place with a cheaper cost of living. 

13 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

175 wouldnt touch what Surratt makes at Carthage haha

So they bumped Surratt up over $40k the last two years? I read an article where they gave him a $20k raise last year to $155k. He got another $20k+ added to his base salary this past year too? 

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

So they bumped Surratt up over $40k the last two years? I read an article where they gave him a $20k raise last year to $155k. He got another $20k+ added to his base salary this past year too? 

Surely not? I read that same article, and I mean that guy is obviously worth every penny he makes, but I don’t think there’s anyway he’s making 175K. I could be wrong, but man that’s a lotta paper 

“Who said metroplex coaches are surperior?”

ask yourself. Did they offer John Kay, Gary Joseph, Cy fairs coach ( I ain’t gonna try to spell his name), or any other high successful coaches from greater Houston area? Why not? Those guys ain’t good coaches?

and BTW why would you hire a guy on a night your baseball team plays in regional finals and your softball team leaves for state?

12 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Surratt is well taken care of in Carthage...sometimes base salary isn't the only form a compensation a person can get...

6 hours ago, Go-rilla said:

Black and silver

or

green and black

Sounds like that might be right according to Stepp? I don't think BH could go wrong with either Wager or Abseck but if I had to question one it would be Abseck. He's only been a head coach 6 years and was basically handed the machine Chris Ross and Joe Willis built. He's done well maintaining it but can he come close to replicating those results without CP's money and athletes, TW couldn't? I remember Crosby playing Hutto in the regional final and thinking how we were about to get killed because of Hutto's size. The next round we played Cedar Park who was on a completely different level size-wise. The next year Abseck took over and won a title with a bunch of those returners. 

Wager has gotten to coach kids like Myles Garret so he too has been gifted with a bunch of talent and has a very good record but he's also been brutalized by the who's who of DFW coaches. Hard to fault him when the guys he's losing to include names like Lineweaver, Samples, Mathis and Westerberg though. His Martin teams have never been as talented on the whole as any of those other coach's teams but he's managed to still win one against them here and there. Not to mention he's the main catalyst for turning Martin into the solid program it's been the last decade or so. I know BH has kind of missed on hiring coaches to to drop down a class and take over their program but if it is down to these two I would think Wager is the better fit. 

• WOSgrad changed the title to CARL ABSECK NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT BARBERS HILL