CARL ABSECK NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT BARBERS HILL

14 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Second, there was supposedly some school meeting where the supt. informed the staff that the district bought some land around I-10 and HWY 99 to keep an apartment complex that would've been zoned to BH from being built. Comment was along the lines of "We don't need that in our district". 

I have family in BH and I remember them telling me something about this. I don't know about the "We don't need that ..."  comment, but they did tell me Mont Belvieu has taken real steps to keep apartments from being built in certain areas. I can't verify any of this, of course, other than what I was told. 

My take is Barbers Hill wants to remain a community with a high tax base. The average owner in a 300K house pays more into the system than the "public assistance" people in apartments or in trailer parks. Also, the roads are way overburdened with all the growth that has gone on there over the past 25 years. It used to be a bunch of rice fields left and right of I-10, but now new homes are everywhere. Why would they want to add apartments to an already overgrown area? Common sense, not an "ism" agenda some are trying to accuse them of.   

On 5/25/2021 at 8:44 PM, BHFAN said:

Traden you know your wasting your breath. Everyone outside of BH always know what’s going on, what we should do and how stupid we were for making decisions. It’s like the housewife’s of SETX after a couple of bottles of wine😂.  Glad TW was here and hope they spend a million on the next one just to piss everyone off! We have a good class coming back this year, just hope the spread stays and we don’t start completely over.

It’s laughable at this point. I’m going to lay back and sip my Gin and Juice in my fancy house, be happy that we have no apartments with my Trump hat on, and flick my nose to all of the poor people that trash Barbers Hill, but are jealous for some odd reason of what we do.😂

16 hours ago, Coach85 said:

No disrespect to Walker at Liberty Hill but Jerry Vance is the coach who turned LH into the program it is now. Walker has done a great job of maintaining it.....FYI Jerry Vance was in the hat when PNG hired Fairclothe.

We would have to see about little brother Walker, he's only head coached four games running the slot-t after his big brother died in November? Would probably be a couple more issues with a hire like that too. One, BH probably thinks they're above running an offense like that. Two, LH is all in on all sports and I'm not sure BH's community is willing to replicate their work ethic? Big difference coming from a Vidor-like community to BH. 

15 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

I thought he left because of the administration at Crosby/financial mess/they fired his wife?

All of that is true which is why I said "kinda". I think he stays through all of that though. I know he was excited about getting to coach these next few years worth of kids that Prieto is now getting. 

4 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

My take is Barbers Hill wants to remain a community with a high tax base. The average owner in a 300K house pays more into the system than the "public assistance" people in apartments or in trailer parks. Also, the roads are way overburdened with all the growth that has gone on there over the past 25 years. It used to be a bunch of rice fields left and right of I-10, but now new homes are everywhere. Why would they want to add apartments to an already overgrown area? Common sense, not an "ism" agenda some are trying to accuse them of.   

I don't see anybody accusing them of an "ism"? Maybe that's what you're reading into it though? At the end of the day TW didn't like the hand he had been dealt/his boss at BH and left just like any employee at any other company would do in the same situation if they were able. BH has the right to make whatever rules they want, TW just proved not all coaches are willing to play by them. 

4 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

The word is that Chambers County zoned those parcels for multi building residential, so they wanted apartments in that location.  If you want to attract people to your area then you better have affordable housing for the people that can't afford a 300k tract home.  Not all apartments are section 8 or low income, so that is a little bit of a mischaracterization.    If you're not willing to make housing affordable, then you can only coach up the current talent base so much.  Also, to think that BHISD bought those parcels to lessen traffic congestion is a little ridiculous. 

8 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Hahaha -- All joke's aside, I can't see BH going cheap on their next coach. 

BH views Crosby as just an average program. BH thinks they should be above average and average Crosby just played for a state title. They going to keep trying to buy their way to above average because there's precedent for other schools doing it. Unless guys just don't want the job I highly doubt they're going cheap. 

35 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

BH views Crosby as just an average program. BH thinks they should be above average and average Crosby just played for a state title. They going to keep trying to buy their way to above average because there's precedent for other schools doing it. Unless guys just don't want the job I highly doubt they're going cheap. 

Mo money, Mo problems

why would you do it for less? with all of the headache youll have to put up with, you might as well be well compensated

42 minutes ago, TWH99 said:

Not all apartments are section 8 or low income, so that is a little bit of a mischaracterization.    If you're not willing to make housing affordable, then you can only coach up the current talent base so much.  Also, to think that BHISD bought those parcels to lessen traffic congestion is a little ridiculous. 

I did not imply that "all" apartments are Section 8. I mentioned trailer parks, too. Its about the tax base, and I thought I had clearly stated that.

As far as BHISD buying tracts ups, maybe they ARE trying to lessen traffic, not in the roadways but in the hallways of their schools. BH is building on as fast and furious as they can, so do you think they want to be flooded with hundreds and hundreds more students before the new construction is even complete? Not everything is always about football, believe it or not. Sounds like prudent planning, IMO.  

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

We would have to see about little brother Walker, he's only head coached four games running the slot-t after his big brother died in November? Would probably be a couple more issues with a hire like that too. One, BH probably thinks they're above running an offense like that. Two, LH is all in on all sports and I'm not sure BH's community is willing to replicate their work ethic? Big difference coming from a Vidor-like community to BH. 

You are right about Liberty Hill. I had a nephew play football for them a couple of years ago, and a niece and nephew play soccer for them. The work ethic the have not many schools around here can duplicate. They take pride not only in sports but academics as well. BH is growing extremely fast and that can cause a school district a lot of headaches. But with the property taxes that BH has, and they keep rising, middle income families, where most of your athletes come from, can’t afford to move there so they have to take what they can get. Liberty Hill does not have that issue.

31 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

I did not imply that "all" apartments are Section 8. I mentioned trailer parks, too. Its about the tax base, and I thought I had clearly stated that.

As far as BHISD buying tracts ups, maybe they ARE trying to lessen traffic, not in the roadways but in the hallways of their schools. BH is building on as fast and furious as they can, so do you think they want to be flooded with hundreds and hundreds more students before the new construction is even complete? Not everything is always about football, believe it or not. Sounds like prudent planning, IMO.  

Not to mention there’s plans for 4-6k homes  by 99 in the city. The growth is skyrocketing right now almost to a danger point.

55 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

In a forum that is dedicated to football...just trying to relate the situation to football.  Anyways, the question is what are the realistic chances of increasing the programs success with out an influx of additional talent?  Not saying the current group isn't talented, but there is a deficiency in top-level talent if your goal is to consistently go beyond the area round.  Maybe the new coach with the correct offensive and defensive game plans/schemes can correctly utilize the current talent to maximize success, but game plan/schemes can only take you so far.  In the end, I'm not on the field, or in the locker room, maybe I'll be surprised.

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby just played for their 1st title in like 60 years. I’m glad your still high on last year and you should be, but you could end up like Dayton which was there not that long ago. The stars aligned last year and y’all had an awesome season , but those stars just graduated and I don’t see Crosby replicating last year for maybe another 60.  You are average just not last year.

2 hours ago, TWH99 said:

In a forum that is dedicated to football...just trying to relate the situation to football.  Anyways, the question is what are the realistic chances of increasing the programs success with out an influx of additional talent?  Not saying the current group isn't talented, but there is a deficiency in top-level talent if your goal is to consistently go beyond the area round.  Maybe the new coach with the correct offensive and defensive game plans/schemes can correctly utilize the current talent to maximize success, but game plan/schemes can only take you so far.  In the end, I'm not on the field, or in the locker room, maybe I'll be surprised.

BH has a really good DC already, just hired a new OC this semester. Just need an HC now. Hopefully, the staff stays in place.

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

Crosby just played for their 1st title in like 60 years. I’m glad your still high on last year and you should be, but you could end up like Dayton which was there not that long ago. The stars aligned last year and y’all had an awesome season , but those stars just graduated and I don’t see Crosby replicating last year for maybe another 60.  You are average just not last year.

Lol, every year we're supposed to be worst than the previous one because X kids graduated. Remember the Twins graduating and how bad we were supposed to be before we went to the semis the next year? Remember when Rio left we were supposed to be awful? "Crosby's little run is over" was the main comment I heard. As our community grows the deeper the talent pool we have to choose from which was pretty evident if you watched our Spring game the other day. We don't have hair rules so we can also accept all-state transfers like Reggie Branch who has dreads. We're getting bigger and even faster as seen with our 4x100 state title a few weeks ago. Long as we have a competent coach we're going to be competitive given the athletes that the community produces. Not to mention we just care more.  It doesn't matter if you see it this year though, you dang sure didn't see it before last season and we got to the finals.  

If we end up like Dayton it's because we'll be in 6A. Dayton ended up in the situation they're in now because they think like Dayton. Crosby wouldn't hire a guy who hasn't coached in 5 years and give him the keys to the entire athletic program. As long as we don't have more financial issues or catastrophic injuries like '18, what you saw from Crosby in the '19 season is probably our floor now which are second round losses. Crosby only has two first round losses in a decade+ and those were to teams with generational talents for their schools like MQ and RJ. Crosby can be a better overall team this year and still lose to FB Marshall in the 3rd round. Won't be a knock on us at all, 90% of the teams that make it to Dallas have to have the stars align.  

I think Crosby being viewed as average by mediocre teams like BH is part of what drives our kids and coaching staff to separate from that mediocrity. I guarantee when offseason workouts start next week they'll be even more intense than last year's and you won't hear a peep out of the kids or parents. I personally love it because I can feed information like this to my son, who's coming off a broken leg, about how his class is supposed suck and maybe get that squat up to 500lbs before he enters his sophomore year in the fall.  

30 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

BH has a really good DC already, just hired a new OC this semester. Just need an HC now. Hopefully, the staff stays in place.

BH has a good DC but he's only there because of the compensation TW got for him. He's probably making right at or over $100k so there aren't many, if any, lateral moves around the state that will offer equal compensation. I think he also has a son in the program which may keep him put but from what I understand is looking to leave after TW's departure? I think he'll come highly recommended by TW which might be a good thing for the incoming coach or could possibly expedite him leaving for a DC/HC job at another program. Wish Crosby could've afforded him after our DC took the La Porte job. 

32 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Lol, every year we're supposed to be worst than the previous one because X kids graduated. Remember the Twins graduating and how bad we were supposed to be before we went to the semis the next year? Remember when Rio left we were supposed to be awful? "Crosby's little run is over" was the main comment I heard. As our community grows the deeper the talent pool we have to choose from which was pretty evident if you watched our Spring game the other day. We don't have hair rules so we can also accept all-state transfers like Reggie Branch who has dreads. We're getting bigger and even faster as seen with our 4x100 state title a few weeks ago. Long as we have a competent coach we're going to be competitive given the athletes that the community produces. Not to mention we just care more.  It doesn't matter if you see it this year though, you dang sure didn't see it before last season and we got to the finals.  

If we end up like Dayton it's because we'll be in 6A. Dayton ended up in the situation they're in now because they think like Dayton. Crosby wouldn't hire a guy who hasn't coached in 5 years and give him the keys to the entire athletic program. As long as we don't have more financial issues or catastrophic injuries like '18, what you saw from Crosby in the '19 season is probably our floor now which are second round losses. Crosby only has two first round losses in a decade+ and those were to teams with generational talents for their schools like MQ and RJ. Crosby can be a better overall team this year and still lose to FB Marshall in the 3rd round. Won't be a knock on us at all, 90% of the teams that make it to Dallas have to have the stars align.  

I think Crosby being viewed as average by mediocre teams like BH is part of what drives our kids and coaching staff to separate from that mediocrity. I guarantee when offseason workouts start next week they'll be even more intense than last year's and you won't hear a peep out of the kids or parents. I personally love it because I can feed information like this to my son, who's coming off a broken leg, about how his class is supposed suck and maybe get that squat up to 500lbs before he enters his sophomore year in the fall.  

That hair comment was rich.....  lol

So from 14.2’s massive rumor mill. You must just sit around gossiping all day. TW’s departure has BH imploding! Coaches leaving, parents jerking their kids out of school! It is pure panic at the Hill! I’m selling my house, putting my kids in dreads, getting them a couple of tats  and moving to Crosby where at least they care about football. 

3 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

So from 14.2’s massive rumor mill. You must just sit around gossiping all day. TW’s departure has BH imploding! Coaches leaving, parents jerking their kids out of school! It is pure panic at the Hill! I’m selling my house, putting my kids in dreads, getting them a couple of tats  and moving to Crosby where at least they care about football. 

Don't lie. Dem kids moving back to Baytown. 

24 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

More like ignorant, but for each his own 😃

Not ignorant.  True AF.  But hey, Barbie's Hill always strived for great things concerning football.  Me thinks that 6A head lock is coming in 22 and again, with all that growth, just a big pile of cow turds lol.  Y'all will be the Pearland of 6A w/o the state championship

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

BH has a good DC but he's only there because of the compensation TW got for him. He's probably making right at or over $100k so there aren't many, if any, lateral moves around the state that will offer equal compensation. I think he also has a son in the program which may keep him put but from what I understand is looking to leave after TW's departure? I think he'll come highly recommended by TW which might be a good thing for the incoming coach or could possibly expedite him leaving for a DC/HC job at another program. Wish Crosby could've afforded him after our DC took the La Porte job. 

Hope he stays, his son is an athlete, baseball and football. Big strong kid

1 hour ago, Austin1985 said:

Not ignorant.  True AF.  But hey, Barbie's Hill always strived for great things concerning football.  Me thinks that 6A head lock is coming in 22 and again, with all that growth, just a big pile of cow turds lol.  Y'all will be the Pearland of 6A w/o the state championship

LOL, there’s not one area 5A school that jump up to 6A and have a lot of success. 6A is way different football. Ask your Titans after combining 3 high schools, PA got knocked around, and then they dropped to 5A and can’t get out first round now. Lol

• WOSgrad changed the title to CARL ABSECK NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT BARBERS HILL