CARL ABSECK NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT BARBERS HILL

3 minutes ago, saltydawg said:

Hate to see him going, but figured it was only a matter of time.  Interim HC would likely be current DC Cowgill or new OC Nunez.   Who would be top candidates in the event TW is gone?

Depends on if they seperate the AD from the HC job. If its a AD/HC combo I dont think anyone on staff can fill that role. 

Hearing he's taking a Central Texas AD job. I wonder what BH's approach will be on this hire? They wanted coaches with championships under their belts and as such the last two coaches came to BH with six combined 6A titles(Gage's 2 at Lewisville would be considered 6A now). Over that eleven year span BH has won two district titles and has three playoff wins. Not to mention in the last five years they've compensated the Westerberg family right around $2M. 

Does BH back the Brinks truck up to a guy right down I-10 like John Kay at North Shore and pitch the idea that he can be the head football coach and the AD? Does the BH administration finally realize these guys they're hiring with multiple titles also have talent near the top of the class and hire a guy like Jeff Riordan, or do they go down the same route where they pay a bunch of money to a guy near the end of his career just to say they have a championship coach? 

I think Westerberg accomplished what he set out to do when he took the BH job. He made a bunch of money in a short span, got his son a head coaching job at Whitehouse and parlayed his time on The Hill into an even better retirement job. So much for great coaches being able to win anywhere.  

1 hour ago, saltydawg said:

Hate to see him going, but figured it was only a matter of time.  Interim HC would likely be current DC Cowgill or new OC Nunez.   Who would be top candidates in the event TW is gone?

I highly doubt Cowgill would fit the "image" of what BH is looking for in a head coach. 

So does this mean we start penciling BH back in for 6th place finishes since Westerberg and his four titles could only average 3rd place? I mean, I guess there's always a possibility they could hire Scott Surratt and start finishing a solid second though. 

8 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

So does this mean we start penciling BH back in for 6th place finishes since Westerberg and his four titles could only average 3rd place? I mean, I guess there's always a possibility they could hire Scott Surratt and start finishing a solid second though. 

I bet they reached out to Surratt. And he informed them that he already makes that much money.

Who's next? Wouldn't think John Kay but Westerberg left Allen.

Maybe they should go after a smaller school coach. What about Chris Koetting? Head coach of Canadian. 

4 minutes ago, Pot Stirrer said:

I bet they reached out to Surratt. And he informed them that he already makes that much money.

Who's next? Wouldn't think John Kay but Westerberg left Allen.

Maybe they should go after a smaller school coach. What about Chris Koetting? Head coach of Canadian. 

Now that's a guy I thought would have left for a bigger gig awhile ago. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Hearing he's taking a Central Texas AD job. I wonder what BH's approach will be on this hire? They wanted coaches with championships under their belts and as such the last two coaches came to BH with six combined 6A titles(Gage's 2 at Lewisville would be considered 6A now). Over that eleven year span BH has won two district titles and has three playoff wins. Not to mention in the last five years they've compensated the Westerberg family right around $2M. 

I think Westerberg accomplished what he set out to do when he took the BH job. He made a bunch of money in a short span, got his son a head coaching job at Whitehouse and parlayed his time on The Hill into an even better retirement job. So much for great coaches being able to win anywhere.  

Bingo in the bold! 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Does BH back the Brinks truck up to a guy right down I-10 like John Kay at North Shore and pitch the idea that he can be the head football coach and the AD? Does the BH administration finally realize these guys they're hiring with multiple titles also have talent near the top of the class and hire a guy like Jeff Riordan, or do they go down the same route where they pay a bunch of money to a guy near the end of his career just to say they have a championship coach? 

Now that would be something to see. 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

It will be big money for an experienced coach

Todd Dodge (Westlake)

Riley Dodge (Southlake Carroll)

Surratt (Carthage) 

Brad Butler (Shadow Creek)

Todd Mcvey (Katy Thompkins)

Craig Stump (Atascocita)

John Kay (North Shore)

Carl Abseck (Cedar Park)

In no particular order, I would be seeing if these guys wanted HC/AD at $175k. Maybe unrealistic, but money does talk.

• WOSgrad changed the title to CARL ABSECK NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT BARBERS HILL