CARL ABSECK NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT BARBERS HILL

4 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Weak argument, those not taking any talent from PAM. That’s excuses. Sabine Pass inside PA city limits homie. Now, go sit back down. 😎

To be fair, since the inception of both schools, BH has two football state championships to PAM ZERO football championships πŸ˜‚

12 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Weak argument, those not taking any talent from PAM. That’s excuses. Sabine Pass inside PA city limits homie. Now, go sit back down. 😎

Homie?Β  Anyway, I see with that BH education, you don't seem to notice the difference between city limits and ISD boundaries.Β  SP has their own school district.Β  I was just pointing out the Buddy that w/o those extra schools and with the loses to the Bubble, PA would be in 6A.Β  But don't worry, the UIL will slide y'all up just you wait.Β  Or, BH will be a running joke like HP when it comes to moving up.Β  "What's the cutoff number to 6A?Β  BH plus 8........"

2 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

Homie?Β  Anyway, I see with that BH education, you don't seem to notice the difference between city limits and ISD boundaries.Β  SP has their own school district.Β  I was just pointing out the Buddy that w/o those extra schools and with the loses to the Bubble, PA would be in 6A.Β  But don't worry, the UIL will slide y'all up just you wait.Β  Or, BH will be a running joke like HP when it comes to moving up.Β  "What's the cutoff number to 6A?Β  BH plus 8........"

I have a Beaumont ISD education first, second HP beating a lot of teams over the years. I wouldn’t mind being HP. You said PA originally, not ISD. What’s wrong with homie? You did call me a dumdass?

7 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Not really a big surprise, people been leaving PA headed to Eastern Harris County and DFW for years now (the storms we currently get have sped that up lately btw), it's a headscratcher of how we were in 6A for so long, people been moving to Mont Belvieu and nearby area long before that, now for that Im surprised they're not already 5A D1 level. πŸ€·πŸΎβ€β™‚οΈ

Agreed. They’reΒ Β not many good paying jobs in the area anymore. The refinery’s only employee XX amount of full time employees and contract everything else to people who take no ownership of the area. Β 

2 hours ago, PNGFaithful said:

Agreed. They’reΒ Β not many good paying jobs in the area anymore. The refinery’s only employee XX amount of full time employees and contract everything else to people who take no ownership of the area. Β 

It’s sad in Jefferson County honestly. It will always be my home area, but it’s depressing. You go to any major city area and it’s vibrant, a full of life. The population in Beaumont andΒ surrounding areas have stayed stagnant or decreased for a good while now. Hopefully, one day it rebounds and gets more attractive to live in the area.

8 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

I don’t think so. Our major growth recently is in our lower level. About 6 more years is when I expect 6a.

So the rumors about a whole new HS potentially being built East of where BH is was just rumors? I kinda figured that seeing as it came from folks in Liberty County.Β 

15 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

It’s sad in Jefferson County honestly. It will always be my home area, but it’s depressing. You go to any major city area and it’s vibrant, a full of life. The population in Beaumont andΒ surrounding areas have stayed stagnant or decreased for a good while now. Hopefully, one day it rebounds and gets more attractive to live in the area.

People will go to where the jobs are, and as long asΒ the Beaumont Port Arthur area has a large part of the population hostile to industry, andΒ theirΒ largest schools are a wreck,Β stagnation andΒ decline will continue. Companies know this. Sad thing is this badΒ attitude ends up hurting the good people living there that do wantΒ to work and grow. The restΒ are content to just hang out and collect government money for not working.Β Β Β 

14 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

So the rumors about a whole new HS potentially being built East of where BH is was just rumors? I kinda figured that seeing as it came from folks in Liberty County.Β 

We’re building a new twoΒ story intermediate school behind HS baseball field, a new intermediate school off of 565, and a new admin building that is the replica of the original high school on Eagle drive. No talk of a second high school.

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

We’re building a new twoΒ story intermediate school behind HS baseball field, a new intermediate school off of 565, and a new admin building that is the replica of the original high school on Eagle drive. No talk of a second high school.

BH is growing fast!

People that think Metroplex HS Football and southeast Texas football are similar are crazy. Facilities, communities, and populations have nothing in common. Tom did a great job at BH. Got them to the 3rd round with 1 D1 Player. Gage did a good job at BH. If you are looking for metroplex guys to replicate what they do up there your going to be disappointed. BH facilities are average in the metroplex. BH players are below average for the metroplex. Their community is average in the metroplex. You dont believe me?? Fill your car up with gas and go drive around Prosper, Allen, Lovejoy, Frisco, Coppell, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, highland park and tell me they are similar.Β 

9 hours ago, Go-rilla said:

People that think Metroplex HS Football and southeast Texas football are similar are crazy. Facilities, communities, and populations have nothing in common. Tom did a great job at BH. Got them to the 3rd round with 1 D1 Player. Gage did a good job at BH. If you are looking for metroplex guys to replicate what they do up there your going to be disappointed. BH facilities are average in the metroplex. BH players are below average for the metroplex. Their community is average in the metroplex. You dont believe me?? Fill your car up with gas and go drive around Prosper, Allen, Lovejoy, Frisco, Coppell, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, highland park and tell me they are similar.Β 

C E King might have nicest facility in East Houston. Metroplex is a whole different animal. You can’t tell people that in southeast Texas. Most live in a bubble.

23 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

C E King might have nicest facility in East Houston. Metroplex is a whole different animal. You can’t tell people that in southeast Texas. Most live in a bubble.

Did CE King get anything new recently? Like a indoor practice facility or anything??Β 

3 hours ago, whodat22 said:

This one will be super interesting. Do they go hire another big name with multiple championships but all the resources at their disposal OR do they hire someone who has a reputation for making poor teams competitive but hasn't won the big one??Β 

That's the whole point. They need energy from a young coach who can maximize the potential of the team "as is" without relying on imported talent.Β 

On 5/29/2021 at 10:55 PM, Go-rilla said:

Until the population down here realizes how far they are behind they'll never really grasp what it takes to win on that level. We don't have a lot of state champions down here so more often than not the local staffs are tasked with "building it on the current pad". All those schools you pointed out can just look to one of their neighbors and see how it's done, not to mention compete on a regular basis and get better against them. It's one thing to do it at the well-to-do districts like the ones you named but it's even more impressive to do it at schools like Desoto, Cedar Hill and Duncanville which are places 99% of the population in BH would never evenΒ consider living. Everybody is bought in everywhere up there.Β 

I have a good buddy who played on Plano's title team in '94 and has a son about to attend Plano East. He said other than North Shore and Katy that they don't even consider anybody else out of the Houston area a real factor. He said the majority of the teams in the area know that if they can win their district that they can probably win a state title which he had me agreeing with at the end of the conversation. The two best districts down here are the Katy and Cy-Fair ISDs and you can't really make that statement about either of those.Β Β 

On 5/28/2021 at 5:09 PM, Austin1985 said:

BH doesn’t have that kinda clout. HP on a whole other level when it comes to stuff like thatΒ 

On 5/29/2021 at 10:55 PM, Go-rilla said:

+1,000

• WOSgrad changed the title to CARL ABSECK NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT BARBERS HILL