Hamshire Fannett New Coach

On 5/21/2021 at 10:34 AM, Go-rilla said:

Heard they hired Coach Kennebrew from Crosby. Congrats to HFISD on a great hire. He has some of the best out of bounds plays I've ever seen.

I've heard some good things as well, he just has to win over the trust of his key players and he'll do just fine. They have a ready made state championship caliber team so all he really has to do is earn their trust and respect, and they'll go to war with him.

4 hours ago, Cougar1999 said:

I've heard some good things as well, he just has to win over the trust of his key players and he'll do just fine. They have a ready made state championship caliber team so all he really has to do is earn their trust and respect, and they'll go to war with him.

I live in Fannett, and just got hired to teach at HFE next year.  I hope they have this kind of success, but this seems overly optimistic.  

19 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I live in Fannett, and just got hired to teach at HFE next year.  I hope they have this kind of success, but this seems overly optimistic.  

That may be the understatement of the year. I’ve never seen a successful program that just won over “ a few key players “.  A little more realistic goal would be an outright district championship. I hope Coach Kennebrew has em playing well. The district is a lot more fun when they do. 

On 5/24/2021 at 8:05 AM, Cougar1999 said:

So one player is going to take them from a 25 point loss in the first round to a state title contender? I know you are his dad but lets pump the brakes a bit.

Also, that team that HF lost to in first round is going to be very salty for the next 3 years.

I know HF had some key injuries that hurt them this year and for the last 2 years by their own admission the best player on campus was on the JV. That being said neither the varsity or the JV club competed for a district title. With the returning players at HH and at HJ an outright district title is going to be hard for anyone in the top 3 to obtain. With Silsbee’s Freshman getting another year under his belt they have to be the regional favorite in my eyes. But at least this makes for good off season chatter😂

On 5/25/2021 at 9:39 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

So one player is going to take them from a 25 point loss in the first round to a state title contender? I know you are his dad but lets pump the brakes a bit.

Also, that team that HF lost to in first round is going to be very salty for the next 3 years.

He wasn't the only player who was missing and yes he's that good and that much of a game changer. Why you think they went through all the trouble of secret text messages and back hallway deals to get him ineligible? A player that can score efficiently from(and gaurd) all 5 positions in 4A is a complete game changer. Also foul trouble is what helped keep HF leading scorer on the bench.  He played 9mins and scored 10pts 5rebs 🤷🏾‍♂️. That's why you play the game, never know what may happen.

On 5/25/2021 at 9:57 AM, whsalum said:

I know HF had some key injuries that hurt them this year and for the last 2 years by their own admission the best player on campus was on the JV. That being said neither the varsity or the JV club competed for a district title. With the returning players at HH and at HJ an outright district title is going to be hard for anyone in the top 3 to obtain. With Silsbee’s Freshman getting another year under his belt they have to be the regional favorite in my eyes. But at least this makes for good off season chatter😂

Due to injuries 4 JV starters were pulled up to play varsity. They were playing freshman with a couple of sophomores and one junior player who would have been on varsity. 

18 hours ago, Cougar1999 said:

Due to injuries 4 JV starters were pulled up to play varsity. They were playing freshman with a couple of sophomores and one junior player who would have been on varsity. 

Not sure if you’re talking about this past season or if you’re talking about the Varsity HF club. I do know the games were nearly a month apart. HJ’s varsity won the 1st meeting by 28 and the last meeting by 3 after being up big and getting in foul trouble. The JV games were a mirror of the varsity with HJ winning the first meeting by 30 and the last by 3 after leading big. Just for informational purposes the JV was lead in scoring in the last game by a Freshman that hadn’t played a JV game all season. With the talent HJ has returning on the varsity and a JV that went 20-1 I think they are the early favorite in that district. I sure am ready to get the season started. I wish the new HF coach the best. 

3 hours ago, whsalum said:

Not sure if you’re talking about this past season or if you’re talking about the Varsity HF club. I do know the games were nearly a month apart. HJ’s varsity won the 1st meeting by 28 and the last meeting by 3 after being up big and getting in foul trouble. The JV games were a mirror of the varsity with HJ winning the first meeting by 30 and the last by 3 after leading big. Just for informational purposes the JV was lead in scoring in the last game by a Freshman that hadn’t played a JV game all season. With the talent HJ has returning on the varsity and a JV that went 20-1 I think they are the early favorite in that district. I sure am ready to get the season started. I wish the new HF coach the best. 

I was talking about JV, but varsity of course had it's own issues with injuries all throughout district. 

1 hour ago, Cougar1999 said:

I was talking about JV, but varsity of course had it's own issues with injuries all throughout district. 

The last game of the season HF JV should have had their players back, all the varsity players were playing by then. The difference in that game was HJ was missing players also and playing some Freshman. HF had a pretty good JV but even with the best player on campus and the 3rd best in the area they lost 3 district games. I may be wrong but I think HJ and Huffman are going to be much better than you think are. It will be fun to watch that’s for sure. 

On 5/30/2021 at 10:40 PM, whsalum said:

The last game of the season HF JV should have had their players back, all the varsity players were playing by then. The difference in that game was HJ was missing players also and playing some Freshman. HF had a pretty good JV but even with the best player on campus and the 3rd best in the area they lost 3 district games. I may be wrong but I think HJ and Huffman are going to be much better than you think are. It will be fun to watch that’s for sure. 

No the rosters didn't change. They stayed the same. The JV players stayed on varsity that were pulled up. HJ and Huffman are always competitive every year no doubt. But if they were really that good and the coaches had all the confidence in their teams, they wouldn't have band together to voted a kid who lives in the district (which they all agreed he did as they didn't dispute it) ineligible. They thought I was going to move him as my phone rang off the hook after he was ruled ineligible for his services. But like I told the DEC, he moved back to HFISD for academic reasons and to go to school with family. I have nieces and nephews that attend HF. One of which made it to state in the triple jump. Greatness is just in the blood lol.  He also has a cousin that played varsity last year at HF in the same grade. So yeah it will definately be fun next year to watch. I agree

• 1 month later...