Argyle state Titles 2021

Is there a list somewhere of the 2021 State Champions on the uil site or anywhere else or do you have to look up each activity/ sport individually.  I know Argyle won football and basketball,  band and girls golf.  They also have a 16 stroke lead going into the final day of boys golf and both their softball and baseball teams are still playing.  And i believe i saw where they won the team track title as well.

1 hour ago, no-look said:

Give credit where credit is due...  I know I will get scolded for this but Argyle has almost 1100 kids. Twice the size of some 4A  but numbers don’t matter. Lol

Wont get scolded from me, Argyle doesn't even have the biggest enrollment in their 4A D1 district. 😂

18 hours ago, no-look said:

Give credit where credit is due...  I know I will get scolded for this but Argyle has almost 1100 kids. Twice the size of some 4A  but numbers don’t matter. Lol

And according to the latest ADM, about 30 students less than than their 4A basketball finals opponent.

I don't really understand this thread.  Are you guys accusing Argyle of being too large for their classification, thus the reason for recent success?  I am just trying to understand with all the underlying sarcasm and all, that can also be disguised as hate, (especially with the Houston Yates reference) but maybe I'm missing the point of the thread. Please help.

17 hours ago, no-look said:

I guess they are doing something right. Highly unlikely that that many sports are qualifying for championships.  Or maybe they have tapped into the Yates pipeline. Lol

Prime example of: if you build it they will come. 

Once they jump into 5A D2 soon they'll probably be doing the same thing after about a 2yr adjustment. 

1 hour ago, JayBilas said:

I don't really understand this thread.  Are you guys accusing Argyle of being too large for their classification, thus the reason for recent success?  I am just trying to understand with all the underlying sarcasm and all, that can also be disguised as hate, (especially with the Houston Yates reference) but maybe I'm missing the point of the thread. Please help.

No hate intended. But I do think the 4A  basketball numbers could somehow be adjusted. 

4A enrollment ranges from 515-1229 so it’s pretty lopsided when one of the smallest 4As competes against one of the largest 4As because some of the largest 4As are literally twice as big as some of the smallest. I don’t think it’s really a factor in their football success because they play 4A D1 and the smaller schools play 4A D2. The Yates line may be a gesture that maybe there’s a little recruiting going on 

If you're a white high schooler and a good athlete, and your parents have good jobs in or around the metroplex, they buy a place in Argyle.  It's as simple as that.  It's like the white flight that we see around here, but somehow most of the elite athletes are going to one place, and the player pool is enormous.  They've managed to keep the enrollment down low enough to play at a smaller classification so that they can continue to compete for titles in virtual every sport (like Yates basketball) while having a large pool of players.  I don't think Argyle has to recruit.  The kids all just go there.  It's a weird dynamic.  

On 5/18/2021 at 2:59 PM, ST413 said:

Is there a list somewhere of the 2021 State Champions on the uil site or anywhere else or do you have to look up each activity/ sport individually.  I know Argyle won football and basketball,  band and girls golf.  They also have a 16 stroke lead going into the final day of boys golf and both their softball and baseball teams are still playing.  And i believe i saw where they won the team track title as well.

Their girl's soccer team lost 1-0 in the regional finals to the eventual state winner.  Their baseball team is currently 3 rounds deep in the playoffs, and their softball is currently alive in the 4th round.  The boys soccer team had a disappointing year and lost in the 3rd round in a shootout to the eventual state runners up.  They're literally good at every sport.  

36 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Their girl's soccer team lost 1-0 in the regional finals to the eventual state winner.  Their baseball team is currently 3 rounds deep in the playoffs, and their softball is currently alive in the 4th round.  The boys soccer team had a disappointing year and lost in the 3rd round in a shootout to the eventual state runners up.  They're literally good at every sport.  

I wish my school was well balanced like that.  Had success in track and field with us winning state medals and of course the basketball team (boys and girls), but I’d LOVE to have Argyle’s success.

On 5/20/2021 at 2:32 PM, bullets13 said:

If you're a white high schooler and a good athlete, and your parents have good jobs in or around the metroplex, they buy a place in Argyle.  It's as simple as that.  It's like the white flight that we see around here, but somehow most of the elite athletes are going to one place, and the player pool is enormous.  They've managed to keep the enrollment down low enough to play at a smaller classification so that they can continue to compete for titles in virtual every sport (like Yates basketball) while having a large pool of players.  I don't think Argyle has to recruit.  The kids all just go there.  It's a weird dynamic.  

Stuff like that doesn't just happen.  A committee of some sort is coordinating all that.

There is a formula, or formulas out there are only a few know how to use them.  Canyon has it is girls basketball. Carthage has it is 4A football.  Odessa Permian had it.  Argyle has it in spades.  Don't leave out Katy football.  People will scheme and collude for something valuable. Art thefts, bank robberies don't just happen. Athletic scholarships are valuable.  A full ride scoly to UT Austin, or Texas A&M?  Those are worth a half a million dollars.  So there's some scheming going on.  Canyon has been winning basketball chips for 30 years.  That did not just spontaneously happen.  Whatever has happened or is happening in Yates is mild in comparison.   

7 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Stuff like that doesn't just happen.  A committee of some sort is coordinating all that.

I’m not saying there isn’t.  But at the same time, if little Johnny is really good at basketball, and you’re looking to move out of Dallas/Garland/Richardson/etc to somewhere outside of the city, where are you going to look first? 

I'm as big a fan of Silsbee basketball as anyone.  That last victory over Yates had a lot to do with covid.

It is hard for a team to slow down or not practice for the better part of two weeks then participate in a playoff game.

I'm not dumping on the Tigers, I'm just keeping it all in perspective.

On 5/22/2021 at 1:18 PM, Kountzer said:

I'm as big a fan of Silsbee basketball as anyone.  That last victory over Yates had a lot to do with covid.

It is hard for a team to slow down or not practice for the better part of two weeks then participate in a playoff game.

I'm not dumping on the Tigers, I'm just keeping it all in perspective.

2 weeks?? They had just won a playoff game a few days prior…