Makemineaconvertible

Zach Bass leaving Tarkington

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Go-rilla said:

Zach ain’t leaving because T town has bad facilities. He’s a 409 guy and he got a 409 job. It’s that simple. If you could get a plant, sales, service, custodial job that paid about the same as your current job and it was an hour less travel time daily would you?

Time to move on for everyone.

But he was already there before he took the Tarkington job right? So why leave to begin with if he wanted to be in that area so much? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1
On 5/19/2021 at 7:09 PM, whodat22 said:

The number one issue in Tarkington will be facilities!!!!  The admin and community have to make sure they have necessary equipment and training facilities. They also need to locate someone who is not looking for a stepping stone job....and support that guy!!!  They have been terrible not trending upward at all....even after dropping.

I got a name for you who loves Tarkington and wants to be there for the long run.....Stan Howard.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never seen anyone that was let go from a place continually show up the way Stan has to Tarkington events so I would say, yes, I agree with that.

As far as record it wasn't that long ago they beat Mexia in the playoffs but they had a few cats that could roll.  They typically don't have those kinds of kids.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scat_trap said:

I've never seen anyone that was let go from a place continually show up the way Stan has to Tarkington events so I would say, yes, I agree with that.

As far as record it wasn't that long ago they beat Mexia in the playoffs but they had a few cats that could roll.  They typically don't have those kinds of kids.

Was Stan run off because he didn't get results, or because he got sideways with that board member or two?  Either way, that guy has won every where he's been.   Where is Stan now ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last I heard he was at one of the Cypress schools as o-line coach.

I know he was at Bellville before Tarkington and Bellville's been winning way before he got there and has still been winning since he left.  I'm not knocking Stan but let's look at what's really going on at the places he's been.

Tarkington did to him what they do to just about every AD.  One or 2 people with "authority" want something else because they think they can do and get better.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I met Stan once, I left the conversation excited... meaning I was excited to leave the conversation.  

 

In doing my research, looks like Stan the man was 6-23. The successful year of beating Mexia was under Carpenter. Brandon Carpenter the new coach at Klein Oak. Jesus was also a carpenter. So it will probably take another carpenter for Longhorns to be relevant in football, either Jesus or Brandon doing charity work. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Pot Stirrer said:

I didn't realize Tarkington was 3a now. Do we consider Tarkington SETX? If so, can we go ahead and recommend Lance Dale to the Tarkington School Board?

Which Lance Dale?

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is Coach Lance Dale and I appreciate the confidence or joking matter of y’all using my name for the Tarkington job which ever one it was but FYI I am very happy in Anahuac and have been promoted to OC next year and love working for Coach Greg Neece!!! Go Panthers.  I have no interest in this job but I wish Tarkington the very best!!!! I hope this clears this matter up for everyone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Coach Dale said:

This is Coach Lance Dale and I appreciate the confidence or joking matter of y’all using my name for the Tarkington job which ever one it was but FYI I am very happy in Anahuac and have been promoted to OC next year and love working for Coach Greg Neece!!! Go Panthers.  I have no interest in this job but I wish Tarkington the very best!!!! I hope this clears this matter up for everyone. 

There's another Lance Dale that I know of that coaches in Cy Ranch.  He's really the one I was in reference to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2021 at 7:14 PM, Makemineaconvertible said:

Becomes o line and associate head coach at west brook

U sure about that.....because Heath has been the associate hc....and he s being retained.....

he could ve been demoted but givin his relationship with chuck I find that unlikely.....but I could be wrong

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

U sure about that.....because Heath has been the associate hc....and he s being retained.....

he could ve been demoted but givin his relationship with chuck I find that unlikely.....but I could be wrong

Take a look at the West Brook preview write-up by @WOSgrad 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

U sure about that.....because Heath has been the associate hc....and he s being retained.....

he could ve been demoted but givin his relationship with chuck I find that unlikely.....but I could be wrong

You are not wrong.  Coach Gerlufson still holds that title and Coach Langston's trust......Heath is the one who sent me the questionnaire answers.  They merely share that role.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Member Statistics

    42,664
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    Big Chief100
    Newest Member
    Big Chief100
    Joined


×
  • Create New...