Zach Bass leaving Tarkington

This is the hidden content, please

BREAKING Cleveland Tarkington HC Zach Bass has resigned his post to join the staff at Beaumont West Brook Tarkington is open

36 minutes ago, scat_trap said:

Interesting.  I know the supt reached out to get him from PAM.  I wonder what direction they're going to go?

Very interesting, because he was the chosen one. Former PN-G offensive line coach that was hand picked by the Superintendent two years ago.

They have had some success, I thought he had them trending in the right direction.

26 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Very interesting, because he was the chosen one. Former PN-G offensive line coach that was hand picked by the Superintendent two years ago.

They have had some success, I thought he had them trending in the right direction.

My sources say that if 7 on 7 is any indication of what's to come it might be an uphill battle.

The number one issue in Tarkington will be facilities!!!!  The admin and community have to make sure they have necessary equipment and training facilities. They also need to locate someone who is not looking for a stepping stone job....and support that guy!!!  They have been terrible not trending upward at all....even after dropping.

1 hour ago, whodat22 said:

The number one issue in Tarkington will be facilities!!!!  The admin and community have to make sure they have necessary equipment and training facilities. They also need to locate someone who is not looking for a stepping stone job....and support that guy!!!  They have been terrible not trending upward at all....even after dropping.

I'm going to say the number one issue in Tarkington is the people of the Prairie then the things you speak of.

The only people that are more entitled than the community there is the community in Splendora.

19 hours ago, whodat22 said:

Just about every 4A and under job in the state is a stepping stone, with a very small amount of exceptions.  You might get a rare instance of someone finding success at a small school and staying because the talent is so good there, or being loyal to where they grew up, but 99/100 coaches are going to keep trying to go to bigger schools and make more money or gain more rep.    When you're talking about a school with Tarkington's talent, facilities, and pay, what coach is going to come work there and then stay if they're offered a job at a better place?  It's just the reality of it.  

19 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Just about every 4A and under job in the state is a stepping stone, with a very small amount of exceptions.  You might get a rare instance of someone finding success at a small school and staying because the talent is so good there, or being loyal to where they grew up, but 99/100 coaches are going to keep trying to go to bigger schools and make more money.    When you're talking about a school with Tarkington's talent, facilities, and pay, what coach is going to come work there and then stay if they're offered a job at a better place?  It's just the reality of it.  

exactly

the job will always be a stepping stone job until facilities are upgraded and even then, schulz just left splendora after all of the facility upgrades theyve made over there along with the commitment to quality pay

Guest mrtomcat
20 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Surprised I haven't seen a Larry Haynes post on taking over Tarkington. 

That guy lives in Lumberton and is the OC at Kirbyville in a retire/rehire scenario probably bringing home 85-90k a year with no classroom and no other obligation than to call play on friday night -he's got a cake job now according some friends of mine in the land of kirbyville