IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION......

WOSgrad

that members of this forum have been calling out, and according to one report, attacking a site moderator, not for his views on a topic down here, but for his enforcement of forum rules.  Now, before I hear it, that report did not come from the moderator himself or even someone who holds the same views as him.

Yes, we do have rules.  They were written by me and approved by our board owner.  Admittedly, most of these rules the staff is flexible on.  There is one that I am absolutely not flexible on:

17) The admins and moderators here are volunteers. They dedicate a portion of their time to helping us with the forums. No abuse or disrespect of any of the admins or moderators will be tolerated.

This is viewed as a zero tolerance violation.  I don't care what your views are: conservative, liberal, libertarian, communist, etc. I don't care how long you have been on the site. None of those earn you the right to attack a moderator for enforcing forum rules.

If you feel differently, you may leave.

If you do it, you will leave.

Let me be clear, you are free to debate a staff member who expresses his views in a topic down here.  His word on a topic is not viewed as the final word and he is subject to have to defend his views and should be treated like any other board member.  However, when I hear of a staff member being called "Hitler" or "dictator" for enforcing plainly worded and posted forum rules, that is unacceptable and it will not be tolerated.

I understand that this will probably draw some response.  To those that do so, choose your words carefully.