Gas/lumber prices

5GallonBucket

Just now, 5GallonBucket said:

Anyone want to share there thoughts on these two.

It's bad, and only gonna get worse.   It's the unavoidable consequence of dumping too much "free" money into the economy.  The only way to slow it down is with higher interest rates, which can't be done now because a bump in the rates would bring about too large of an increase on the interest payments for the 28 Trillion dollars that we owe now.  As costs continue to rise, demand will slump and we'll see stagflation.  The government doesn't have any tools left in the box to fight it. 

I think we're in for perfect economic hurricane and those in power think that it's just a little breezy today.  

Lumber prices won't come back down this year and already demand is starting to taper off.  I planned on building this year but have chosen to wait until prices settle.... I think you'll see more of this as time moves forward.  

1 hour ago, Chester86 said:

Glad my house is built - AND paid for.  If worse comes to worse I’ll just need to make enough to pay taxes......ummmm, I better find another job.

Great feeling to have the Casa paid for! The only remaining debt we have is our house we built 8 years ago an we are close to having it paid off. I tell my boys all the time when it’s possible always try to pay cash for everything you buy. Debt is not your friend.