TxHoops

WOSgrad

On 5/11/2021 at 11:35 AM, 5GallonBucket said:

Nice!!!!

Well looking at his stats.....

Im now scratching my head on this signing.

is there a higher ceiling for this kid that hasn’t been tapped into yet.....because his production was not good at all at south plains.

1.5 ppg

1.6 rpg 

33% ft

37.9% fg

Is he really considered local talent?

On 5/10/2021 at 6:55 PM, TxHoops said:

I didn’t miss too many games last year.  This year i think I might have even more of a reason to be there 😉

36 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Well looking at his stats.....

Im now scratching my head on this signing.

is there a higher ceiling for this kid that hasn’t been tapped into yet.....because his production was not good at all at south plains.

1.5 ppg

1.6 rpg 

33% ft

37.9% fg

Is he really considered local talent?

South Plains was ranked #1 in the country for most of the year.   They had 4 kids - 6-10 or better.  Only the starter and Catt played regularly, and the coach often played no bigs (had about 5 or 6 wings 6-6 or 6-7).  As a result, his minutes were limited.  There was a clip toward the end of the season where he was averaging a block every couple minutes of playing time.  He had a couple of American Athletic Conference offers, kid is supremely talented and athletic, especially for 6-10. 

Having said that, he is definitely still raw offensively.   Defensively, he is elite at any level collegiately.  Can legit guard 3 positions and is a nosebleed elite shot blocker.  

19 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

South Plains was ranked #1 in the country for most of the year.   They had 4 kids - 6-10 or better.  Only the starter and Catt played regularly, and the coach often played no bigs (had about 5 or 6 wings 6-6 or 6-7).  As a result, his minutes were limited.  There was a clip toward the end of the season where he was averaging a block every couple minutes of playing time.  He had a couple of American Athletic Conference offers, kid is supremely talented and athletic, especially for 6-10. 

Having said that, he is definitely still raw offensively.   Defensively, he is elite at any level collegiately.  Can legit guard 3 positions and is a nosebleed elite shot blocker.  

Good to know.  Was just curious....I know not everything can be based on stats.

They didn’t have blocks listed.

I’m all about defense....

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Hagar said:

How exciting.  Not having local talent was the demise of L football.  I think Valentine’s height & talent will make L a force to be reckoned with.  May have to grab my cane & stumble out to a game.  😀

You’d better.  We haven’t watched a game together in too long.