Summer Creek

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I’m thinking they had some significant injuries along the way seeing that they started off really well.  

It's mainly their defense. Haven't had a good one since Coach Harrison's first year there. The DC from that year is not there anymore. Being in a district with NS, Atascocita, King and WB you had better be able to put together stops when need be, they couldn't do it last year, prime example: the WB game. Go watch that game. 

1 hour ago, AHUDDLESTON said:

They won state with a total of 6 athletes. A lot of people can run fast or throw or jump, but it is different when you are getting hit in the mouth. Top 6 at state track 6a: 2 didn’t make playoffs, 2 1st round, 1 second round then cedar hill-finalist

Preach!!!! 

3 hours ago, AHUDDLESTON said:

They won state with a total of 6 athletes. A lot of people can run fast or throw or jump, but it is different when you are getting hit in the mouth. Top 6 at state track 6a: 2 didn’t make playoffs, 2 1st round, 1 second round then cedar hill-finalist

Agreed

4 hours ago, AHUDDLESTON said:

You have a point here but at the same time if you have 6 exceptional athletes you should at least find a way to get in the playoffs. Coaching has to be held accountable in my opinion. Rather it’s the OC, DC, HC, or the entire staff. I also think Soulja may be right in suspecting maybe they caught a injury bug or something because they did start the season off playing pretty well 

5 hours ago, AHUDDLESTON said:

What teams are you talking about?

1 hour ago, Setx fan said:

You have a point here but at the same time if you have 6 exceptional athletes you should at least find a way to get in the playoffs. Coaching has to be held accountable in my opinion. Rather it’s the OC, DC, HC, or the entire staff. I also think Soulja may be right in suspecting maybe they caught a injury bug or something because they did start the season off playing pretty well 

You watched any SC games?? 

18 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

No, just looking at scores. Looks like they had had a nice win against Dekaney then just forgot how to play football. District looks pretty tough but I think they probably could have put 2 or 3 more wins together. 

United could've beat Dekaney so that's not saying much.

After having a not so good D their record showed exactly what they were last season. The only game they packed it in was the Kingwood game last game of the season, they just wanted the season over it seemed at that point.

I also think like you that they could've won 2 more district games: WB and Kingwood. After the WB game (loss) playoff hopes were gone. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

United could've beat Dekaney so that's not saying much.

After having a not so good D their record showed exactly what they were last season. The only game they packed it in was the Kingwood game last game of the season, they just wanted the season over it seemed at that point.

I also think like you that they could've won 2 more district games: WB and Kingwood. After the WB game (loss) playoff hopes were gone. 

Do you really want to do that?  Especially since PAM made it just as far in the playoffs as United did...  🐸

1. Summer Creek

2. Cedar Hill- Anyone want to say this aint a good HS football program????

3. Woodlands CP- Playoffs

4.Lake Travis- Anyone want to say this isn't a good HS football program????

5. Harlingen- Playoffs

6. Alief Taylor- Anyone want to say these guys aint got football players???

Not putting down SC but your comment on top teams not making the playoffs was wrong.

8 hours ago, Setx fan said:

No, just looking at scores. Looks like they had had a nice win against Dekaney then just forgot how to play football. District looks pretty tough but I think they probably could have put 2 or 3 more wins together. 

Looks like they have the athletes.  But, as you can tell, their record has been on the decline!

2018  Summer Creek        9-4-0 R
2019  Summer Creek        4-6-0
2020  Summer Creek        3-6-0

Nothing to see here. Run fast and turn left, jump over anything in the way. That takes a lot of skill (sarcasm). Football should not be compared to track.

Devils Advocate:

Track requires the least amount of coaching and team cohesion. 99% of high school track coaches are all football coaches 1st. 

Elite track and field takes tons of skill. 6A track and field in Texas is elite. Period. 

It does take major talent, but those sport coaches that don't take track coaching seriously, rarely have a TEAM at the state meet.

I assume you saw DK Metcalf get an extremely respectable 15th out of 17 against those "unskilled" track athletes yesterday. He's a beast, but nowhere close in terms of track skill, just as those sprinters would be on a football field. The country's top few sprinters weren't even in that 100m field. Track should not be compared to football.

Also, some of those SC kids are track only.

1 hour ago, Go-rilla said:

1. Summer Creek

2. Cedar Hill- Anyone want to say this aint a good HS football program????

3. Woodlands CP- Playoffs

4.Lake Travis- Anyone want to say this isn't a good HS football program????

5. Harlingen- Playoffs

6. Alief Taylor- Anyone want to say these guys aint got football players???

Not putting down SC but your comment on top teams not making the playoffs was wrong.

I would also take a look at the districts that those teams are in.  I'd also look at location as far as football goes to look at success.  I'm not taking away from the success those programs have had, but look at the road they've got to travel through the play-offs compared to some other schools like Summer Creek.

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

Looks like they have the athletes.  But, as you can tell, their record has been on the decline!

2018  Summer Creek        9-4-0 R
2019  Summer Creek        4-6-0
2020  Summer Creek        3-6-0

And just because you have speed it doesn't mean you have the other pieces that go to the puzzle.  You've got to have the kids up front to be able to open things up or shut things down and I don't think they do especially for what they're going against in their district.