Friday Night Fandom Up For Grabs

Just now, BMTSoulja1 said:

Got some updated pics of it?

Not yet.  I posted some turf pics last year, they have torn down the bathrooms and the front ticket booth its just dirt right now.   All new bathrooms and ticket booth going in I am hoping they do the stands and the press box this year too.

Just now, Bigdog said:

Not yet.  I posted some turf pics last year, they have torn down the bathrooms and the front ticket booth its just dirt right now.   All new bathrooms and ticket booth going in I am hoping they do the stands and the press box this year too.

Have parking been updated or will be updated?  That’s a huge plus for me.

On 5/5/2021 at 9:16 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Look no farther than Beaumont United, Home of the 2021 basketball state champs.  We've played 11 games last year (really 8 since COVID, but did make the playoffs). Things you'll love about the team? Exciting band (halftime show) that will have you on your feet at halftime. Also, REALLY great tailgating goes on if you're into stuffing your face before the game.  Things you won't like?  Bags and purses are not allowed, only clear bags.  You cannot hang around the stadium after the game, you'll be directed to clear the parking lot within 10 minutes.  (I know those are about the stadium and not the team.  Personally, I can't think of anything that you will not like about the team.  Two good young players in Martin (QB) and Porchia (WR/FS), both currently Sophomores.  Plays in hands down the best stadium in SETX.  Places to eat near the stadium?  Take your pick.  Cheddar's, Pappadeaux's,  or Joe's Crab Shack are amongst a few. You can go simple with Jack in the Box, Waffle House, or Cracker Barrel.  Well, we don't have a solid message board following, but the few that support us are here game week, game day, and post game.  

Pick a place that sells strong drinks. You're going to need them to get through football season and get to basketball season. Notice how @BMTSoulja1 didn't mention anything about the team except a couple players. Lol.... And Porchia really should just stick to basketball. A question about Friday Night Fandom and Robert you start off with basketball. That speaks volumes about what you think of United football. SMDH...

On 5/5/2021 at 8:40 PM, SmashMouth said:

Jasper

Newton

Silsbee

WOS

Steer clear of anything in Jefferson County

With all disrespect intended to you SmashMouth, I know of a team in Jefferson county that would smash all those teams.

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I certainly would hope a 6A squad would beat down these 4A-3A teams, but I get your point.

Well wasn't one of those mighty teams put in realignment some years ago with some Jefferson county schools and that all powerful team missed the playoffs like both years?  Lol...

1 hour ago, aledoalumni said:

What team are you talking about? Not familiar with the location. 

Jefferson county teams...  PA Memorial, PN-G, Sabine Pass, Nederland,West Brook, Beaumont United, Hamshire-Fanette, Beaumont Kelly, Beaumont Legacy.  The I’m willing to bet  @Yeojis talking about West Brook.

9 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Jefferson county teams...  PA Memorial, PN-G, Sabine Pass, Nederland,West Brook, Beaumont United, Hamshire-Fanette, Beaumont Kelly, Beaumont Legacy.  The I’m willing to bet  @Yeojis talking about West Brook.

If he is, they have not won district since 2009. In the same time frame they have only won 10+ games twice. Certainly nothing to brag about. Maybe they should play down more often. Their peers seem to be a bit much for them.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2021 at 2:42 PM, Pot Stirrer said:

Moving back to the 409, not Galveston County, and my Friday Night  fandom is up for grabs. Things that I’m looking for:

• 11+ games 
  • Young talent to follow the next few years.
  • Solid message board following.
  • Great place to eat near the home stadium (cheap cold beers are a plus).
  • One thing I’ll love about the team/school.
  • One thing that I’ll hate about the team/school.

Let's go SETX message boards.  Help me out. 

Well....  Silsbee can fill out the blanks & answer all six questions consistently. 

The last two depends on what town you are from but EVERY town in the 409 can fill out those two.

jmo