Friday Night Fandom Up For Grabs

Moving back to the 409, not Galveston County, and my Friday Night  fandom is up for grabs. Things that I’m looking for:

• 11+ games 
  • Young talent to follow the next few years.
  • Solid message board following.
  • Great place to eat near the home stadium (cheap cold beers are a plus).
  • One thing I’ll love about the team/school.
  • One thing that I’ll hate about the team/school.

Let's go SETX message boards.  Help me out. 

1 hour ago, Pot Stirrer said:

Looking at the map, Anauhac to PA to Jasper makes a good coverage area. I'm lucky enough to work 1/2 days on Fridays so travel not an issue and also have a secondary humble abode at Rayburn. Willing to travel to follow a good team.  

Look no farther than Beaumont United, Home of the 2021 basketball state champs.  We've played 11 games last year (really 8 since COVID, but did make the playoffs). Things you'll love about the team? Exciting band (halftime show) that will have you on your feet at halftime. Also, REALLY great tailgating goes on if you're into stuffing your face before the game.  Things you won't like?  Bags and purses are not allowed, only clear bags.  You cannot hang around the stadium after the game, you'll be directed to clear the parking lot within 10 minutes.  (I know those are about the stadium and not the team.  Personally, I can't think of anything that you will not like about the team.  Two good young players in Martin (QB) and Porchia (WR/FS), both currently Sophomores.  Plays in hands down the best stadium in SETX.  Places to eat near the stadium?  Take your pick.  Cheddar's, Pappadeaux's,  or Joe's Crab Shack are amongst a few. You can go simple with Jack in the Box, Waffle House, or Cracker Barrel.  Well, we don't have a solid message board following, but the few that support us are here game week, game day, and post game.  

4 hours ago, Pot Stirrer said:

Looking at the map, Anauhac to PA to Jasper makes a good coverage area. I'm lucky enough to work 1/2 days on Fridays so travel not an issue and also have a secondary humble abode at Rayburn. Willing to travel to follow a good team.  

Look at the bold, I'll leave it at that. 

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Look no farther than Beaumont United, Home of the 2021 basketball state champs.  We've played 11 games last year (really 8 since COVID, but did make the playoffs). Things you'll love about the team? Exciting band (halftime show) that will have you on your feet at halftime. Also, REALLY great tailgating goes on if you're into stuffing your face before the game.  Things you won't like?  Bags and purses are not allowed, only clear bags.  You cannot hang around the stadium after the game, you'll be directed to clear the parking lot within 10 minutes.  (I know those are about the stadium and not the team.  Personally, I can't think of anything that you will not like about the team.  Two good young players in Martin (QB) and Porchia (WR/FS), both currently Sophomores.  Plays in hands down the best stadium in SETX.  Places to eat near the stadium?  Take your pick.  Cheddar's, Pappadeaux's,  or Joe's Crab Shack are amongst a few. You can go simple with Jack in the Box, Waffle House, or Cracker Barrel.  Well, we don't have a solid message board following, but the few that support us are here game week, game day, and post game.  

@Yeoj  Basketball has nothing to do with that football program 😂

Soulja you should be a car salesman, you trying to convince that person to believe in a lemon. 

You are right about the food places though.

And 100% right about the stadium cause more often than not when United playing at home you can bet on the opposing team winning. Best stadium in SETX. 😎

On 5/5/2021 at 9:16 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

United definitely on the list. Intriguing and would like to see what year 2 brings with the coaching staff. I heard the up and coming talent in Beaumont is extremely high. Cheddars before and Deaux after doesn't sound bad. Best band in the area is a definite plus. Basketball is not a convincing arguement. Does that mean early exit to get ready for basketball season? How many basketball kids play football (I know Rivers)? 

9 minutes ago, Pot Stirrer said:

Last PA game I saw was Shadow Creek... I went to watch Shadow Creek. Guilbeaux going to be a Senior? Huge fan of great DB play. But thats all I know about the Titans. Is J&J still on the way to the stadium?

Yes he'll be a SR. Yeah we have 2 J&J's now, one off hwy73 and the original one on Bluebonnet. Titans should be very good again this year, all those Sophomores you saw versus SC well they're all grown up now, will be Seniors this upcoming Fall. 

2 hours ago, Pot Stirrer said:

What is Aledoalum doing here? Did y'all expand the recruiting area? Who you watching in the 409?

I really enjoy the playoffs and this site is R3 heavy. Enjoyed watching PNG highlights with RJ a couple years ago but I dont have anyone in particular I follow. Cheered for Barbers Hill, PNG, and Crosby at different times these last few playoff seasons. 

2 hours ago, Pot Stirrer said:

United definitely on the list. Intriguing and would like to see what year 2 brings with the coaching staff. I heard the up and coming talent in Beaumont is extremely high. Cheddars before and Deaux after doesn't sound bad. Best band in the area is a definite plus. Basketball is not a convincing arguement. Does that mean early exit to get ready for basketball season? How many basketball kids play football (I know Rivers)? 

Porchia and Smith-Jackson plays football as well...

On 5/5/2021 at 10:55 AM, WOSgrad said:

We're WO-S.

We don't audition.

Maybe WOS needs to audition for QB! Even with the defense, if you can't run and pass you limit your chances to win all the games. Wasted talent is not fun to watch. I've done that too much lately. 

6 hours ago, Pot Stirrer said:

Maybe WOS needs to audition for QB! Even with the defense, if you can't run and pass you limit your chances to win all the games. Wasted talent is not fun to watch. I've done that too much lately. 

Last time I heard any questions about WOS QB was when Jack Dallas was a freshman. I forget what happened after that. Find something else.

It’s all about what you want. If you want to watch Newton beat the crap out of teams you’ve never heard of, they’re a solid pick for an annual post season run. No food, though. At all. 
WOS is sparse on food as well, but always a playoff team. Silsbee has a consistently decent team, also, with marginally better chow. 
For the all around best package I’d pick PNG.  Food is alright in mid county, the atmosphere is the best in the area hands-down, and you get one of the best rivalry games in the state with mid-county madness. Don’t let them lie about the stadiums. PNG’s top notch. 
HOWEVER, Bridge City can offer a stellar band performance, a statue commemorating our ‘66 State Championship, and a ceremonial flyover by the mosquito plane. Season tickets ARE still available, believe it or not. 

On 5/7/2021 at 6:38 PM, CardinalBacker said:

It’s all about what you want. If you want to watch Newton beat the crap out of teams you’ve never heard of, they’re a solid pick for an annual post season run. No food, though. At all. 
WOS is sparse on food as well, but always a playoff team. Silsbee has a consistently decent team, also, with marginally better chow. 
For the all around best package I’d pick PNG.  Food is alright in mid county, the atmosphere is the best in the area hands-down, and you get one of the best rivalry games in the state with mid-county madness. Don’t let them lie about the stadiums. PNG’s top notch. 
HOWEVER, Bridge City can offer a stellar band performance, a statue commemorating our ‘66 State Championship, and a ceremonial flyover by the mosquito plane. Season tickets ARE still available, believe it or not. 

Last time I went to a Bridge City game they raffled off a hog trap. No lie. You won’t get that at Mid County Madness. 

On 5/7/2021 at 6:38 PM, CardinalBacker said:

Nederland's stadium is being improved as we speak. :)