Blacks and Asians

Just now, SmashMouth said:

Do you think that the same situations could be applied to Whites and Blacks. In other words, replace with the bolded words...

If so, then is there a real racism issue at all? Or is it just a big misunderstanding?...

There’s a deeper history behind the black/white issue. 

It amazes me that we fought the British in the 1770s and again in 1812.  We fought the Indians.  We've fought wars with Mexico.  We've fought each other.  We fought the Germans, we fought the Japanese.... We fought the Italians, we fought the Koreans, we fought the Vietnamese.  We've fought the Iraqis and we've fought the Afhans....  That's not to mention the entire Cold War that pitted us against the Russians, all of those Eastern Block Countries, the Chinese, the East Germans, etc..... 

Yet the only people towards whom we hold a grudge are black people.   Isn't that crazy?  

People who lost their sons in Vietnam didn't hate Vietnamese people.  All of my uncles that fought in ww2 didn't hate Asians, or Germans for that matter.  

But for some reason, we can't forgive the fact that they took our slaves away 150+ years ago, so we hate their descendants.  Makes perfect sense to me.  

2 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Blacks.  There are tons of equally impoverished communities across the US that don't share the violence.  

Yea your definitely racist. Poverty amongst blacks is at least 2 or 3 times as high as whites in most places across the nation. It’s 6 times as high in Utah. There’s like 35 states in the U.S. where poverty is below 10% amongst whites. Maryland has the lowest poverty rate amongst blacks at 12% 

Just now, Setx fan said:

Yea your definitely racist. Poverty amongst blacks is at least 2 or 3 times as high as whites in most places across the nation. It’s 6 times as high in Utah. There’s like 35 states in the U.S. where poverty is below 10% amongst whites. Maryland has the lowest poverty rate amongst blacks at 12% 

No, facts aren't racist.   Men commit more rapes than women.  If you want to say that rapes happen because of the sexualization of women or the lack of training about consent given to young men, that's fine... but at the end of the day as a man I have admit that more dudes commit rapes.   And black people commit more violent crimes.  Teaching young blacks kids that if they end up in prison, it's because they were poor or because the system is racist INSTEAD of pointing out simple fact that BLACK PEOPLE COMMIT MORE CRIMES, you'll throw away a few more generations of black youths.  

4 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Why are blacks more impoverished? Is it culture? Racism? Complacency? 

Just now, SmashMouth said:

Why are blacks more impoverished? Is it culture? Racism? Complacency? 

It's like this....  Every town has a section where the black people used to live.  SETX calls it a "poverty stricken area,' but it was once a thriving community.  You can argue about why black people decided to move into government housing however you want.  Was it the lack of a negative stigma in that community towards living in Section 8 housing?  Was it the fact that single motherhood (caused by and out-of-wedlock birth rate many times that of other ethic groups) made the American dream of home ownership (and the accompanying maintenance) something that the typical black family didn't have.   Instead of dreaming of renting an apartment, maybe buying a trailer, and one day owning a house, black kids couldn't wait to get their own place in the projects, then one day get an actual apartment, and hopefully end up on a list for a Section 8 House to rent (subsidized, of course).  Is it any wonder that there's a wealth gap based on a lack of home ownership, but why is it my fault when I can ride through "that" neighborhood and tell exactly where every house used to stand because of the old porch that's still standing?   

And more importantly, why is it that you can build a brand new complex over near Central Mall, and yet the crime just comes on out there with the new inhabitants?   I thought that giving them a nice place to live, food to eat, spending money, and a free smart phone would fix it all up?  Except it won't because while the black community will happily accept any handout, they won't ever actually accept any responsibility for their own plight.  None.  Not a bit.  

9 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

No, facts aren't racist.   Men commit more rapes than women.  If you want to say that rapes happen because of the sexualization of women or the lack of training about consent given to young men, that's fine... but at the end of the day as a man I have admit that more dudes commit rapes.   And black people commit more violent crimes.  Teaching young blacks kids that if they end up in prison, it's because they were poor or because the system is racist INSTEAD of pointing out simple fact that BLACK PEOPLE COMMIT MORE CRIMES, you'll throw away a few more generations of black youths.  

I teach all the youth I come in contact with to make good decisions. That doesn’t change the fact that impoverished communities have a sense of hopelessness and desperation which leads to a culture of criminal activity. 

7 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

I teach all the youth I come in contact with to make good decisions. That doesn’t change the fact that impoverished communities have a sense of hopelessness and desperation which leads to a culture of criminal activity. 

I commend you on your efforts....

people do make it out of what your talking about so if they can so can others.......like you said it comes down to “making good decisions”

do away with that “sense (feelings) of hopelessness” even if stumbling blocks come and be persistent in doing better no matter what comes one s way.

Family environment is usually a key to a child’s success no matter the poverty level or race.

adults have to act right as well as hold kids accountable 

1 hour ago, Setx fan said:

You can find the same things on Indian Reservations, Appalachia, and River Bottoms across the land. The difference is that we tell our kids that those people are eff-ups and you tell yours that it’s not black peoples’ fault… it’s racism. 

I’ll further add to the conversation about poverty and race. 

“21% of all children in the United States live in poverty, about 46% of black children and 40% of Latino children.

This is the hidden content, please
 The poverty rate is 9.9% for black married couples, and only 30% of black children are born to married couples (see Marriage below). The poverty rate for native born and naturalized whites is identical (9.6%). On the other hand, the poverty rate for naturalized blacks is 11.8% compared to 25.1% for native born blacks, suggesting race alone does not explain income disparity.”

Two things to point out. First, the poverty rates for married black couples is IDENTICAL to the rates for white couples. Identical. Poverty is not a racial issue, it’s a single parent household issue. Secondly, the poverty rate for Latino kids is high, too… 40% vs 46% for their black counterparts. You don’t see corresponding levels of violence from the Latino kids.  Violence isn’t necessarily a poverty issue, either, but a cultural issue. 

I’ve impregnated a couple of skirts in my day, and never once was it somebody ele’s fault. 

I know that i come across as a Neanderthal with my opinions. But I can’t stand people who won’t accept responsibility for their own mistakes… and it’s that much worse when they try to pawn their bad decisions off on me.  

13 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I’ll further add to the conversation about poverty and race. 

“21% of all children in the United States live in poverty, about 46% of black children and 40% of Latino children.

This is the hidden content, please
 The poverty rate is 9.9% for black married couples, and only 30% of black children are born to married couples (see Marriage below). The poverty rate for native born and naturalized whites is identical (9.6%). On the other hand, the poverty rate for naturalized blacks is 11.8% compared to 25.1% for native born blacks, suggesting race alone does not explain income disparity.”

Two things to point out. First, the poverty rates for married black couples is IDENTICAL to the rates for white couples. Identical. Poverty is not a racial issue, it’s a single parent household issue. Secondly, the poverty rate for Latino kids is high, too… 40% vs 46% for their black counterparts. You don’t see corresponding levels of violence from the Latino kids.  Violence isn’t necessarily a poverty issue, either, but a cultural issue. 

I’ve impregnated a couple of skirts in my day, and never once was it somebody ele’s fault. 

I know that i come across as a Neanderthal with my opinions. But I can’t stand people who won’t accept responsibility for their own mistakes… and it’s that much worse when they try to pawn their bad decisions off on me.  

Poverty rate amongst white married couples is 3% my guy 

33 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Source? I’ll keep looking on my end. I quoted wiki, lol. 

Your quote doesn’t mention white married couples. It mentions black children (46%), Hispanic children (40%), black children born to married couples (30% which I think is actually around 13%), black married couples (9.9%), native born and naturalized whites(both identical at 9.6%), naturalized blacks (11.8%), and native born blacks(25.1%)

Somehow you gathered from this information that the poverty rate between married black couples and married white couples is identical. LoL 

Just google white married couples poverty rate and click on the statista.com link. You’ll see the rate has been between 2.5% and 4.5% for the past 15 years.