India Covid Problem - A Crisis ?

Hagar

I’m confused about the news coverage on the India Covid “crisis”.  Here’s why.  Population US - 331 Million, India - 1.3 Billion.  

Deaths from Covid US 583 Million, India 218 Million.

India has four times as many people as the US and half the deaths.  Why is the Media going all “full court press” on this?  Only thing that comes to me, so the Democrats can continue their little power grab of Americans.   Can anyone think of another reason?   Something Machiavellian is happening here.

8 hours ago, Hagar said:

I’m confused about the news coverage on the India Covid “crisis”.  Here’s why.  Population US - 331 Million, India - 1.3 Billion.  

India has four times as many people as the US and half the deaths.  Why is the Media going all “full court press” on this?  Only thing that comes to me, so the Democrats can continue their little power grab of Americans.   Can anyone think of another reason?   Something Machiavellian is happening here.

If the US has had 583 million deaths, we have all died twice. 

8 hours ago, Hagar said:

Correction US 583 Thousand India 218 Thousand.

Senior moment.  🙄😳😜

Thanks to tvc184 for pointing out my temporary insanity.

1 hour ago, Realville said:

Your going to get Bullets all upset with those survival rate numbers! 😂

I'm not upset.  There's different ways to look at the numbers.   It's definitely more supportive to y'all's argument to count people who've not been infected as survivors, rather than to determine the percentage of those infected who've died.  

7 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I'm not upset.  There's different ways to look at the numbers.   It's definitely more supportive to y'all's argument to count people who've not been infected as survivors, rather than to determine the percentage of those infected who've died.  

Most people have been infected.  Just didn’t know it or chose not to go to doctor or be tested

7 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

As to the original question posed, it's news right now because they prematurely declared victory over covid, and after months of low numbers India is now seeing cases and deaths at an unprecedented rate.  

Probably a different strain just like the flu....mutates

13 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Probably a different strain just like the flu....mutates

from what I've seen they've been hit by one of the newer strains.  but their govt opened everything up with basically no restrictions, and within a month it blew back up over there.  The difference between there and here is that A) it's a lot more crowded. B ) lot less hygienic there C) a lot smaller % vaccinated D) poorer healthcare

I don’t trust the US numbers due to the fact that hospitals made more money off Covid cases, you know, the ones who were inundated with Covid cases, especially the the temp hospitals set up in parking lots that had zero patients. The people who make the money are the mask people, hand sanitizer people (take your pick), and the panic media (exaggerated numbers for the fear factor) who continue to beat their drums in the name of seeing this country going down the toilet.  

40 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Ok. Before it was a basic rate for all of humanity. Here is the % of those infected who have died.

Deaths / confirmed cases 

US 544,889 / 32,448,723

India 215,542 / 19,925,604

Texas 49,303 / 2,897,234

Survival rates 

US 98.32%

India 98.91%

Texas 98.34%

51 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Ok. Before it was a basic rate for all of humanity. Here is the % of those infected who have died.

Deaths / confirmed cases 

US 544,889 / 32,448,723

Texas 49,303 / 2,897,234

Survival rates 

US 98.32%

India 98.91%

Texas 98.34%

And those numbers are actually probably better givin what I stated in last post as well as cause of death being something else but the patient had covid 

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Deaths / confirmed cases 

US 544,889 / 32,448,723

Texas 49,303 / 2,897,234

Survival rates 

US 98.32%

India 98.91%

Texas 98.34%

Elections  have been known to make the virus numbers sky rocket.  Lol

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

from what I've seen they've been hit by one of the newer strains.  but their govt opened everything up with basically no restrictions, and within a month it blew back up over there.  The difference between there and here is that A) it's a lot more crowded. B ) lot less hygienic there C) a lot smaller % vaccinated D) poorer healthcare

Really? How is Africa doing with the virus?

41 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

And those numbers are actually probably better givin what I stated in last post as well as cause of death being something else but the patient had covid 

I think that it's a relatively small amount of cases where the death is incorrectly ruled as covid.  There are certainly mistakes made, or some cases where it wasn't a deciding factor.  There are also undoubtedly covid deaths that weren't counted early on, or even missed still.  That said, I think the numbers are realistically better than they appear because many cases of covid aren't diagnosed.  This is just making up a number, but if, say, 20% of all cases are never diagnosed or counted, then survival rates of the infected are much better.  I would think the survival rate of those infected is probably around 99% in developed countries, where on average it's documented around 98%.  That said, when you're talking about it on a worldwide scale, 1% is a tremendous amount of people, and death rates are much higher in poorer countries.  

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Deaths / confirmed cases 

US 544,889 / 32,448,723

Texas 49,303 / 2,897,234

Survival rates 

US 98.32%

India 98.91%

Texas 98.34%

Pretty substantial difference between the two.  Kinda depends on who's making the argument and what they're trying to argue that determines which number people use.  

25 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I think that it's a relatively small amount of cases where the death is incorrectly ruled as covid.  There are certainly mistakes made, or some cases where it wasn't a deciding factor.  There are also undoubtedly covid deaths that weren't counted early on, or even missed still.  That said, I think the numbers are realistically better than they appear because many cases of covid aren't diagnosed.  This is just making up a number, but if, say, 20% of all cases are never diagnosed or counted, then survival rates of the infected are much better.  I would think the survival rate of those infected is probably around 99% in developed countries, where on average it's documented around 98%.  That said, when you're talking about it on a worldwide scale, 1% is a tremendous amount of people, and death rates are much higher in poorer countries.  

Also if a person has had it more than once is it considered in the survival rate.

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

Pretty substantial difference between the two.  Kinda depends on who's making the argument and what they're trying to argue that determines which number people use.  

Only a difference of 1.29%. Which in world population equals about 1.1 million.

I'm not making any argument. Just presenting the numbers. Dont shoot the messenger.

57 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Only a difference of 1.29%. Which in world population equals about 1.1 million.

I'm not making any argument. Just presenting the numbers. Dont shoot the messenger.

I'm not upset about anything, but I don't really understand what you're trying to say here.  

5 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Go look at the world death rate per year.

2020 was slightly higher than years 2016-2019

but 2015 on back ......2020 had a lower death rate.

This is the hidden content, please

This is the same chart Realville tried to use awhile back.  The most recent years are based on pre-covid UN projections, not on real numbers.  Just like I told him when he posted it: It literally says directly about the graph:

"NOTE: All 2020 and later data are UN projections and DO NOT include any impacts of the COVID-19 virus."

I went through in another post and provided accurate and easy to navigate data that showed that there was in fact a very large spike in deaths last year that coincided very closely to the amount of reported deaths in the US for 2020.  

2 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Also if a person has had it more than once is it considered in the survival rate.

I would think so, but who knows.  If someone has it twice, it's going to be reported to the health department twice, so it would only make sense.  But not everything makes sense these days.  

33 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

This is the same chart Realville tried to use awhile back.  The most recent years are based on pre-covid UN projections, not on real numbers.  Just like I told him when he posted it: It literally says directly about the graph:

"NOTE: All 2020 and later data are UN projections and DO NOT include any impacts of the COVID-19 virus."

I went through in another post and provided accurate and easy to navigate data that showed that there was in fact a very large spike in deaths last year that coincided very closely to the amount of reported deaths in the US for 2020.  

Never understood why someone would put out a death speculation chart an then add a disclaimer to the death chart. Real numbers don’t support the narrative being pushed. Regardless it’s hard to believe much of the information put out to the public these days. It seems there is an agenda to put out false information.