New Head Coach at Porter

This is the hidden content, please

Correct. Coach Holley was at KP. Left for a year and was the Director of Athletic Operations (I was wrong about AD) of New Caney. He also was on the interview committee for the Porter Job. Decided there wasn't any "good" candidates so inserted himself to be interviewed. He of course got the job over some quality candidates.

1 hour ago, Pot Stirrer said:

Correct. Coach Holley was at KP. Left for a year and was the Director of Athletic Operations (I was wrong about AD) of New Caney. He also was on the interview committee for the Porter Job. Decided there wasn't any "good" candidates so inserted himself to be interviewed. He of course got the job over some quality candidates.

him taking over as the AD at NC isd doesnt seem like a good thing to me

granted i know mostly k-park people and not porter, but i have yet to hear something good about him

14 hours ago, waltersobchak said:

him taking over as the AD at NC isd doesnt seem like a good thing to me

granted i know mostly k-park people and not porter, but i have yet to hear something good about him

I think he will be a great fit and do an outstanding job. I have found him to be a man of fine character. He coached at NC as well prior to him being the head coach at KP. Yes, a lot of the KP folks were upset he moved a short distance down the road.

On 5/3/2021 at 7:43 AM, Pot Stirrer said:

Beat me to it.  I know a of a few guys that interviewed and made a comment that he was on the hiring committee.

On 5/5/2021 at 1:43 PM, scat_trap said:

Beat me to it.  I know a of a few guys that interviewed and made a comment that he was on the hiring committee.

I personally don't know the guy but that was shady. Watched his teams play solid defense and I think he's probably a good coach. But I wouldn't want that guy leading athletic department. Have some fam that will be going to the new school, and I want the best for them. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2021 at 1:38 PM, scat_trap said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I think a lot of Holley's success at Porter came off what Reno Moore started and he was able to parlay that into upper level admin.

2010                    1-9-0         100-412         Reno Moore
2011                    3-7-0         204-345         Reno Moore
2012                   0-10-0        157-447         Reno Moore
2013                    3-7-0         105-325         Reno Moore
2014                    2-8-0         199-344         Reno Moore
2015                    1-9-0         181-359         Reno Moore

Nothing against Reno, but what did he start exactly??  Holley won 7 in his first year.

13 hours ago, The Icon said:

Perhaps Porter will continue getting better - will be interesting to see how the new school will impact the success of the other two

It should really only hurt them for one alignment? All the New Caney ISD schools will drop to 5A-D2 for an alignment or two but they'll probably pick up around 1,000 kids over a 4 year period between the three schools and their talent level will be right back to where it is now. They also pay their head coaches very well in that district so they don't have retention problems. The growth in that area is absolutely crazy.